Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Alain will be looking forward to the royalty cheque for that one!

I haven't watched the film yet but people who have said the songs don't actually play. So I guess they are only listed for the lyrical quotes being used? Not sure anyone will get any royalties then.

But yeah, great research they did.

From a few years ago, but don't recall seeing this pop up before.

A dude named Scott Eberhardt talking about selvage denim, Smiths, Morrissey, and entropy...and how they are ALL connected...

THE SMITHS - HAND IN GLOVE, STILL ILL and BARBARISM BEGINS AT HOME

On this date in 1984, THE SMITHS were guests on the The Tube performing three tracks, HAND IN GLOVE, STILL ILL and BARBARISM BEGINS AT HOME, (March 16th, 1984)

In between gigs at the University of Hull and Loughborough University, The Smiths managed to fit in an appearance at Tyne Tees Television's Studio Five on City Road, Newcastle in March 1984.

Appearing in front of a slightly subdued crowd - though bear in mind that bands for the show were chosen at short notice and the audience were typically unaware of who would turn up on stage – The Smiths tested the audience but treated the television public to three cracking songs.

The video here features all three songs including STILL ILL, a tale told in dust-dappled monochrome where Morrissey addresses the romantic notions of sepia-toned Britain as a myth, ‘we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore’.

Some nice items. Can't be bothered to list them in marketplace or collector's corner as I'm not selling them, nor do I own them. Place here for novelty value.
FWD.

b25lY21zOjEzNWEwNTM2LTJiZDUtNGJlYy1hNjdjLWY4YmU5Yjc0YWMyOTpmMjEwMjc0Yy04MDk2LTRiZmMtYTc4Yy1jNG...jpg

Hartlepool brewery names musical beers in honour of Simple Minds, Kaiser Chiefs, The Smiths and more.

"As for the story behind Cemetery Gates, Gary, a keen Smiths and Morrissey fan, said: “One of our pub customers twigged what we were doing and kept on saying you must do something by The Smiths or Morrissey.

"Cemetery Gates is a dark beer and I just had this vision of a smoked porter standing at some cemetery gates waiting to get in.”"

Small local news story.
FWD.

View attachment 69763

Hartlepool brewery names musical beers in honour of Simple Minds, Kaiser Chiefs, The Smiths and more.

"As for the story behind Cemetery Gates, Gary, a keen Smiths and Morrissey fan, said: “One of our pub customers twigged what we were doing and kept on saying you must do something by The Smiths or Morrissey.

"Cemetery Gates is a dark beer and I just had this vision of a smoked porter standing at some cemetery gates waiting to get in.”"

Small local news story.
FWD.

Very Nice T-shirt, mate.

Won't be trying Cemetery {sic} Gates. í avoid beer for health reasons, far too calorific. Spirits are far more slimming...

Won't be trying Cemetery {sic} Gates. í avoid beer for health reasons, far too calorific. Spirits are far more slimming...

Good man.

I drank one (1) Guinness last weekend for the first time in a long time and I regretted it profusely.

The mushroom stew I made with the rest of it was great though.

Is terry smith that pervert?

Is terry smith that pervert?
You're probably thinking of Terry Richardson.
He snapped Moz for GQ in his house in LA in 2004 and then they had that big drama in 2016 when he took the pictures for Supreme (same pose, interestingly enough)...

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom