Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Funny you should mention this because i had a similar experience with "Sports Center" only not with The Smiths or Moz but with my other favorite band Depeche Mode... Not too long ago my dad was watching Sports Center and he called me to watch because the guy said something about Depeche Mode. Sure enough he used a line from a song to explain something about a team! I thought it was the strangest thing! Someone at Sports Center has good taste in music :D
Once again, John Buccigross.

Good god, that's a whopper. í would be interested obsessed to know whether that basement beauty is available for sale, but inevitably depressed at the possible asking price for a 40x40?, given that the 20x16 prints are going for a tad shy of a grand...

To those of us with a certain sickness, it is always nice to put a date to these sessions ~ 25th January 1989

View attachment 74853

Funnily enough, none of the Morrissey images appear to be for sale on his site.
Maybe prints are beneath him :)
FWD.

Screenshot_20210726-133431~2.png

To those of us with a certain sickness, it is always nice to put a date to these sessions ~ 25th January 1989

You were also right about the gun shots being from 1989! Not that I ever doubted you or your expertise, but now I'm upset that they're included in Watson's and Rogan's Smiths books when they're clearly post-Smiths...
(... and dated '1990's' on his own page... :swear)

Funnily enough, none of the Morrissey images appear to be for sale on his site.
Maybe prints are beneath him :)
FWD.

View attachment 74855

Colette mentions this 👇🏻 in the comments, so hopefully more pictures will surface / become available soon...

Screenshot_20210726-145042_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
You were also right about the gun shots being from 1989! Not that I ever doubted you or your expertise, but now I'm upset that they're included in Watson's and Rogan's Smiths books when they're clearly post-Smiths...
(... and dated '1990's' on his own page... :swear)

Colette mentions this 👇🏻 in the comments, so hopefully more picture will surface / become available soon...

View attachment 74857

Ah, í missed that comment. Poor sod. í can imagine when something like that happens to you, you tend not to give a tinker's cuss what year a snap was taken...

That cracker underneath LW's floorboards has made me think again about my notion of printing out one of the contact sheets in my mits.

This could look quite the thing framed at 40" square? ~

Morrissey Corbijn contact (i).jpg

Or ~

Morrissey Corbijn contact (ii).jpg

:unsure:

Ah, í missed that comment. Poor sod. í can imagine when something like that happens to you, you tend not to give a tinker's cuss what year a snap was taken...

That cracker underneath LW's floorboards has made me think again about my notion of printing out one of the contact sheets in my mits.

View attachment 74859

Or ~

View attachment 74860

I suspect you'd do a better job than that rather poor The Smiths 'book' effort of LW's.
Hopefully he'll dust off some rarities and have someone in the know curate it this time.
Oh, and first image.
Regards,
FWD.

Pat Nevin's recent book, 'The Accidental Footballer' contains a 4 page story recounting when Pat visited Moz at his house in Cheshire after being invited by Vini Reilly. It seems to be from around 1990 as Nevin mentions that his namesake (no relation) had been writing songs for Moz's new album. Apparently Moz served him tea in a China cup and saucer, spoke a little about football and gave him a tour of his house which contained a gym (!) and a grand piano.

Pat Nevin was a pretty decent footballer form the 1980s/early 90s who played for Chelsea, Everton and Tranmere. The story dates to his days at Everton. Apparently Moz's neighbour at the time was the legendary Norman Whiteside.

Surely. He also admitted in an interview years ago that he's pretty bad at documenting his own work...

View attachment 74859

Or ~

View attachment 74860

And I agree with FWD, first one.

And/or #2 as a door-sized print to grace the gates to your reception rooms 😉

Pat Nevin's recent book, 'The Accidental Footballer' contains a 4 page story recounting when Pat visited Moz at his house in Cheshire after being invited by Vini Reilly. It seems to be from around 1990 as Nevin mentions that his namesake (no relation) had been writing songs for Moz's new album. Apparently Moz served him tea in a China cup and saucer, spoke a little about football and gave him a tour of his house which contained a gym (!) and a grand piano.

Pat Nevin was a pretty decent footballer form the 1980s/early 90s who played for Chelsea, Everton and Tranmere. The story dates to his days at Everton. Apparently Moz's neighbour at the time was the legendary Norman Whiteside.
Discussion here if interested.
Regards,
FWD.

Discussion here if interested.
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks FWD - I missed the original posting (obviously)...I cannot say that I enjoyed the book all that much - Nevin comes across as a little too much like Alan Partridge at times - but the Moz section, and the stories from the national team were entertaining enough.

Surely. He also admitted in an interview years ago that he's pretty bad at documenting his own work...

And I agree with FWD, first one.

And/or #2 as a door-sized print to grace the gates to your reception rooms 😉

Thank You both.

Ah yes, a Pantalon poster as our French cinephiles call them. {That's trousers/hosen to thee & me.} That would look pretty swellegant. Although í have an Idaho Pantalon all picked out for the threshold to my cave...

My Own Private Idaho Japanese French Pantalon poster.jpg

í always thought America started to go wrong with the whole 'pants' vs 'panties'...thing. It's small, but crucial.

For someone who was taught BE in school, but acquired most of the language by watching US films and reading US comic books, whilst also being exposed to IE at an early age, it all used to be very confusing. 🤷🏻‍♀️

These days, US vocabulary and especially spelling just seem dead ugly to me.

Regrettably, an uncontrollable and embarrassing tendency for mimicry sometimes* causes me to slip in and out of conventions depending on the person I'm talking to.

(* all the time)

Last edited:
Something tells me a lot of meticulous research went into this post... 🙄

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom