Suede to reform for one night only

Tickets go on sale for this tomorrow (Friday 5th) at 9am, the show is on Wednesday 24th March.

Oh my god, I'm so annoyed!! Have a contact in RAH who sold me tickets last time for cost price with proceeds going to TCT. Have just remade contact and the cheeky monkey is asking £400 !!!! "That's how much they are on ebay". Just checked ebay and all tickets for sale are for 'an amazing Sold Out show'. Tickets haven't even gone on sale yet!!! Buggers.

Rant over.
Fuming.

Ebay are withdrawing auctions at the request of The Teenage Cancer Trust. If they don't donate at least 20% of the closing price to charity. Although, the process appears to be VERY selective. It's NOT sold out!! Though, the Arena and Circle tickets have certainly almost all been sold by now. The allocation of these to the ticket agencies will be tiny. It's going to be an utter bunfight tomorrow morning. ALL of the tickets go on sale at 9am. Noel Gallagher, The Who et al. Cue website meltdown and permanently-engaged telephone lines....I hope that the code I gave you worked.
For reference, the presale is now over everyone.

Got my tickets for Suede this morning, and had got some for The Special on pre-sale. :)

I wish I saw inkitpierceitburnit's posts yesterday as that would have stopped a lot of fustration this morning but nevermind!

Got my tickets for Suede this morning, and had got some for The Special on pre-sale. :)

I wish I saw inkitpierceitburnit's posts yesterday as that would have stopped a lot of fustration this morning but nevermind!

Sorry, chap! I logged on to Seetickets this morning to have a look. Why they insist on doing it this way, I will never know... I was put in a queue on The Royal Albert Hall site, position 3498. Surely there must be a better way than releasing tickets for ALL of the acts on the same day at the same time?? Madness....

Sorry, chap! I logged on to Seetickets this morning to have a look. Why they insist on doing it this way, I will never know... I was put in a queue on The Royal Albert Hall site, position 3498. Surely there must be a better way than releasing tickets for ALL of the acts on the same day at the same time?? Madness....

Yeah, they could have done one a day, Monday-Friday. Can't grumble, I got lucky anyway.

The Albert Hall site was crazy - I waited in that queue, and all it took you to was a screen listing who were playing and on what day - nowhere to buy tickets at all!

They are also playing The Ritz in Manchester on the 22 March (or 23rd).

The gig is billed as a warm up show. Hopefully more shows will follow.

yeah thanks for download. pretty disappointing gig in all. was hoping for a hits setlist but there was alot of "duffers" which killed an excitement or just didnt work live (he's gone, europe is our playground to open the set?). worst thing is that they didnt play Lazy! my favourite song aswell missing out essential tunes: by the sea, saturday night, my insatiable one.

yeah thanks for download. pretty disappointing gig in all. was hoping for a hits setlist but there was alot of "duffers" which killed an excitement or just didnt work live (he's gone, europe is our playground to open the set?). worst thing is that they didnt play Lazy! my favourite song aswell missing out essential tunes: by the sea, saturday night, my insatiable one.

"Essential" is a highly subjective word, but I'm baffled as to how you can say you didn't get a 'Hits' set list when they played Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/The Drowners/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/New Generation/Beautiful Ones etc etc etc This absolutely WAS a Hits setlist, and the songs you ludicrously describe as "duffers" are widely regarded by TRUE fans as the most beloved album tracks (like Morrissey, the real fans often prefer the B-sides and album tracks to the single releases. Opening with Europe Is Our Playground is the equivalent of Morrissey opening with Hairdresser On Fire - and then having some idiot complain because he didn't open with Suedehead). Oh, and we got Saturday Night at the Royal Albert Hall too... If you'd been there you'd never have said that the evening was lacking in excitement.

Suede reform for the first time in God knows how long and all you can do is get picky about the set list? Too funny.

Opening with Europe Is Our Playground is the equivalent of Morrissey opening with Hairdresser On Fire
cant even compare to the 2 songs. Hairdresser On Fire is classic. hes gone is crap live and os is europe is our playground and then to end the set with two of us was boring. i am a fan and i know the setlist was poor. i mean the Asphalt World? wtf?

Did they play The Asphalt World? :( Because if they did I feel even more sick that I couldn't get tickets!

Did they play The Asphalt World? :( Because if they did I feel even more sick that I couldn't get tickets!

At the RAH, they DID play The Asphalt World, Jo Jo...and it was INCREDIBLE. (Though Soundofthenorth would probably regard it as a "duffer" which slowed down the set; like those so-called Moz fans who go to the bar during Life Is A Pigsty, Trouble Loves Me, etc etc).

Here are the setlists for the three Suede gigs:

100 CLUB:
She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/Killing Of A Flashboy/Obsessions/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/She's In Fashion/The Living Dead/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/New Generation/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: Saturday Night

MANCHESTER RITZ:
Europe Is Our Playground/She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/Killing Of A Flashboy/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/He's Gone/The Next Life/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/The Drowners/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: Obsessions/The 2 Of Us

ROYAL ALBERT HALL:
She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/The Drowners/Killing Of A Flashboy/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/He's Gone/The Next Life/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/New Generation/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: The Living Dead/The 2 Of Us/Saturday Night

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so jealous I couldn't make any of the dates especially when Brett was in such fine form on his solo tour:tears:

I am hearing full Suede tour rumours - anyone else heard anything?

I'm so jealous I couldn't make any of the dates especially when Brett was in such fine form on his solo tour:tears:

I am hearing full Suede tour rumours - anyone else heard anything?

Always rumours, but I think they all have other commitments, don't they?

Obviously it would be great if they did because then they might play Lazy and Soundofthenorth would be happy...but a full tour might not have the same magic as a one(/three)-off.

Always rumours, but I think they all have other commitments, don't they?

Obviously it would be great if they did because then they might play Lazy and Soundofthenorth would be happy...but a full tour might not have the same magic as a one(/three)-off.
Och I know - I've seen them plenty, just being greedy:lbf:

Thanks for the link to the Ritz gig download, but is there anyone who has seen or has any bootleg to share of the 100 Club and the Royal Albert Hall gigs? Would be much appreciated!

At the RAH, they DID play The Asphalt World, Jo Jo...and it was INCREDIBLE. (Though Soundofthenorth would probably regard it as a "duffer" which slowed down the set; like those so-called Moz fans who go to the bar during Life Is A Pigsty, Trouble Loves Me, etc etc).

Here are the setlists for the three Suede gigs:

100 CLUB:
She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/Killing Of A Flashboy/Obsessions/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/She's In Fashion/The Living Dead/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/New Generation/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: Saturday Night

MANCHESTER RITZ:
Europe Is Our Playground/She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/Killing Of A Flashboy/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/He's Gone/The Next Life/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/The Drowners/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: Obsessions/The 2 Of Us

ROYAL ALBERT HALL:
She/Trash/Filmstar/Animal Nitrate/Heroine/Pantomime Horse/The Drowners/Killing Of A Flashboy/Can't Get Enough/Everything Will Flow/He's Gone/The Next Life/The Asphalt World/So Young/Metal Mickey/The Wild Ones/New Generation/Beautiful Ones/ENCORE: The Living Dead/The 2 Of Us/Saturday Night

Oh Blimey! I can't believe I missed this!
Thank you for the set list- sounds perfect to me. I'll just have to hope the full tour rumours are true. :)

Agreed! I saw them at RAH last week too, and I thought it was f***ing brilliant! I had not actually seen them at all, since 1993 when I saw loads of the gigs on their first tour, obviously with Bernard, so I was a bit apprehensive. But I am so glad I made it. And the setlist being a bit shit, come one!!! I mean generally it was pretty much a crowd pleasing set, and they pretty much played everything I wanted to hear except Lazy, and We Are The Pigs. I hope that they play a few more gigs...

Agreed! I saw them at RAH last week too, and I thought it was f***ing brilliant! I had not actually seen them at all, since 1993 when I saw loads of the gigs on their first tour, obviously with Bernard, so I was a bit apprehensive. But I am so glad I made it. And the setlist being a bit shit, come one!!! I mean generally it was pretty much a crowd pleasing set, and they pretty much played everything I wanted to hear except Lazy, and We Are The Pigs. I hope that they play a few more gigs...

But what could they have played Lazy and We Are The Pigs instead of...? I wouldn't have wanted any of the classic anthemic numbers dropped, and if they'd dropped any of the ballads, the set might have seemed a bit rock-heavy...? Those dreamy, druggy, exquisitely intense ballads are so much a part of what Suede always was (and will be) that they are absolutely integral to the set. I'm probably in a minority, but personally I think that a couple of tracks from A New Morning (Obsessions was dropped for the RAH show) which has a gentler, acoustic feel might have worked well in the set and prevented what the Guardian critic referred to as "a hint of diminishing returns..." But anyone who objects to Europe Is Our Playground as an opening number obviously hasn't seen Suede live before as they frequently opened with that track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptYvP__Df0Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-IHAoRT-NM

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom