Swear filter

terrancestamp

When are we going to get the "f*** The Simpsons" shirt in the Mozaporium???

Why is the F word censored on this site??? This site is all about free speech is it not?? This is a bit hypocritical? If you can censor my F bomb then you can't stop all this Morrissey hate on this site!!!!!!! David has been saying the hate is free speech then so is my F BOMB.

@davidt doesn't mind all manner of Holocaust denial and COVID disinformation, but bristles at the sight of the f-word.
The language filter is applied automatically.
There is no moderation involvement as asserted previously.
You can ask David for a rationale, but he's not really obliged to explain a thing as it's just how the site functions.
I'm sure people can express themselves without the need to swear as a decent vocabulary should cover that issue - that's my own view though. I don't particularly care either way for other people, but it's not my site or software and much like other forums, there's frameworks and rules and ultimately the person running it gets to decide.
That said, the 2 million+ messages here are certainly far more freely created and freely expressed than the majority of rigidly-run forums.

You could try addressing concerns in a more appropriate location and not tagging people in to random parts of the site to make said feedback points - I, personally, tend to ignore anything that isn't particularly framed well or when in the wrong place.

Similarly, if you report or complain about content here - perhaps you shouldn't quote, engage with or give any of those types of people & posts that cause issue a grain of attention - as you have always had the ability to ignore them, starve them of replies and by interacting/debating them, you diminish your own argument.
The site owner has continually advocated self-management and blocking people you find aggregious. If no attempts are made to do that, again, you diminish any complaint.
A real example being: I received a complaint that someone was harassing another member, yet upon looking, said member was quoting the person, replying to them and rating their posts - those aren't the signs of someone feeling harassed - had they blocked the person immediately, ignored them and still got tagged in posts or @'d, uncalled for pms, continual ratings abuse etc - then they immediately have a stronger case.

Personally, I wouldn't start any feedback by asserting what you believe are someone else's views regarding the site - try expressing what you feel about what you do actually know, not what you are assuming as that's not a great place to start from.
Site feedback in a Morrissey Central post thread isn't helpful and these posts will move shortly.
FWD.

(Please note: there is no 'tone', subtext or ill will intended in the above).

The language filter is applied automatically.
There is no moderation involvement as asserted previously.
You can ask David for a rationale, but he's not really obliged to explain a thing as it's just how the site functions.
I'm sure people can express themselves without the need to swear as a decent vocabulary should cover that issue - that's my own view though. I don't particularly care either way for other people, but it's not my site or software and much like other forums, there's frameworks and rules and ultimately the person running it gets to decide.
That said, the 2 million+ messages here are certainly far more freely created and freely expressed than the majority of rigidly-run forums.

You could try addressing concerns in a more appropriate location and not tagging people in to random parts of the site to make said feedback points - I, personally, tend to ignore anything that isn't particularly framed well or when in the wrong place.

Similarly, if you report or complain about content here - perhaps you shouldn't quote, engage with or give any of those types of people & posts that cause issue a grain of attention - as you have always had the ability to ignore them, starve them of replies and by interacting/debating them, you diminish your own argument.
The site owner has continually advocated self-management and blocking people you find aggregious. If no attempts are made to do that, again, you diminish any complaint.
A real example being: I received a complaint that someone was harassing another member, yet upon looking, said member was quoting the person, replying to them and rating their posts - those aren't the signs of someone feeling harassed - had they blocked the person immediately, ignored them and still got tagged in posts or @'d, uncalled for pms, continual ratings abuse etc - then they immediately have a stronger case.

Personally, I wouldn't start any feedback by asserting what you believe are someone else's views regarding the site - try expressing what you feel about what you do actually know, not what you are assuming as that's not a great place to start from.
Site feedback in a Morrissey Central post thread isn't helpful and these posts will move shortly.
FWD.

(Please note: there is no 'tone', subtext or ill will intended in the above).
The language filter was not in effect up until recently, so this notion that it's applied "automatically" is disingenuous. The rest is too stupid to address.

Back
Top Bottom