Sydney - Vivid LIVE, Sydney Opera House Concert Hall (May 30, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Certain People I Know / My Dearest Love / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / Now My Heart Is Full // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by an anonymous person

• Photo: @Intl_Playboy / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

sydney3.jpg

Last edited:
The set list looks brilliant. Imagine if he did Greatest Hits sets to pander to half-hearted fans? He could easily do this but he chooses to perform songs from his great last album and a smattering of stuff from all over. Even "People Are The Same..." sounds good live. I cannot wait for tonight. Hope we get "The Queen is Dead".

brilliant to the blind, set list is full of the crashing world peace bores.

I'm all for Oz. I lived there for 3 years back at the turn of the century, and it is indeed the most beautiful country I've ever been to. Moz should retire there and soak up the rays. The bastidge didn't play Oz when I was there, so I'm just plain old jealous. The Cure played and it was amazing. Now there's a band that knows how to do a long set list. Not a patch on The Prayer Tour (Dublin 1989) but still a great Sydney couple of gigs.
Listened to 'a World Peace' album again today after a break of a month. Great album even on the 1000th listen.

Happy to hear you had fun over here. I couldn't afford the Vivid tickets for The Cure in 2011. I wish I'd gone as I have never seen them live.

Does anyone have a video of My Dearest Love from any of the recent nights?

Why are you asking for that song? Don't you understand you should be putting on a copy of Rank and getting a good bottle of red. :thumb:

People were saying the same thing back in 2002 when he played the Enmore Theater. Moz played here in 2012 and people then said well we won't se him here again for another decade but here he is again in 2015 playing a 4 night residency at the Opera House! And a book signing on his birthday no less.

A blu ray release of these 4 nights would be killer! They could title it Moz In Oz which is what I titled my petition campaign many years ago :)

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey doesn't have a twitter account you idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

This set list is amazing! I didn't go last night but I am going tonight and the thought of at least hearing My Dearest Love once again is all I need :)

I mean for god's sake how can you complain about 21 songs?

Thank you for calling me an idiot, but I was referring to "Manc Lad's" Twitter. Reading comprehension is key.

Typing on the phone, in an airport...

I thought last night was brilliant! I've seen Morrissey on a few tours & last night was the most 'relaxed' & happy that I've seen him. Perhaps he's liking the band, the venue...I don't know, he just looked quite playful on stage.

The ballot system did seem farcical as still plenty of seats in the dress circle. Would've been pissed if I was right up back seeing empty seats about 7 rows from front. Also wasn't expecting people to just waltz up to the front & sitting in others seats, but guess I'm too polite.

Ganglord is a personal fave & I was beyond thrilled to hear it played. When My Dearest Love started up, it was crazy! Never thought I'd get to hear that one!
Now My Heart Is Full was sung so beautifully.

The sound of Morrissey's voice in the Opera House was so strong & clear.

The guy who got the hug, approached so gracefully rather than the run & bear hug approach.

Overall, I'm one very happy Moz fan today'

For me, it was brilliant to hear so much of his new stuff live for the first time. Sounded amazing in the opera house. Hope the show is great for all of you going tonight. Enjoy it people!

Thank you for calling me an idiot, but I was referring to "Manc Lad's" Twitter. Reading comprehension is key.

Logging in as someone other than Anonymous is key. Until then if I get you guys who can't be bothered logging in mixed up, then I couldn't care less.

Typing on the phone, in an airport...

I thought last night was brilliant! I've seen Morrissey on a few tours & last night was the most 'relaxed' & happy that I've seen him. Perhaps he's liking the band, the venue...I don't know, he just looked quite playful on stage.

The ballot system did seem farcical as still plenty of seats in the dress circle. Would've been pissed if I was right up back seeing empty seats about 7 rows from front. Also wasn't expecting people to just waltz up to the front & sitting in others seats, but guess I'm too polite.

Ganglord is a personal fave & I was beyond thrilled to hear it played. When My Dearest Love started up, it was crazy! Never thought I'd get to hear that one!
Now My Heart Is Full was sung so beautifully.

The sound of Morrissey's voice in the Opera House was so strong & clear.

The guy who got the hug, approached so gracefully rather than the run & bear hug approach.

Overall, I'm one very happy Moz fan today'
Glad you had an awesome time M-in-oz. :sweet:

I missed this show unfortunately, but will be at the last one tonight. Hope for TQID opening again!

What happened?

I must warn anyone tonight sitting in the front row - stand up and take your position leaning on the stage if you don't want to lose your spot. It was probably the worst thing that I've ever seen anyone do to fellow fans at a gig. I don't know who they were, but yes, Anonymous was right about it happening on the left of the stage (from the audience's perspective, ie what performers call stage right).

Literally about 2 minutes before show time - I think during the Lypsynka clip - a long line of about 10 people, led by a security guard, walked down the aisle or through the nearest door. I thought, "oh, they must be going to their seats" and didn't think for a moment that I should stand up to take my spot at the stage. Thought I should wait, like I saw people do previously, until the show started before standing. Without further warning the whole line of people walked straight in front of us and took their positions between us and the stage. I was on my own, but several people around me started shouting at the guard and asking what was going on. The guard simply shrugged, as if he didn't know what we were on about. I've never seen anything like it and there was nothing we could do. They didn't all stay the whole time, and some of them didn't even seem familiar with some of the songs. Some of them were quite vicious towards us.

If it hadn't been such an amazing evening and spectacular performance from Moz and the band, it would've been crushing.

So, please, look out and don't let anyone steal your spot. Good luck everyone and look after each other...

Last edited:
I should have added "MY" personal favourite of the night. This song has great meaning to me and it was special for me to hear it live. The Queen Is Dead too was fantastic but so to was Staircase. Personal choice. I was just glad to be there are that farscicle "ballot" they did.

and hasn´t it been the first time since Bruxelles 2006?

^Totally agree with you Caspar. I had a birds eye view & couldn't believe it when all those people walked in. Would have been very disappointed if I was in the first row. They looked quite arrogant about it too.

A few months ago on Twitter he stated the doctor told moz he doesn't have much time left.

Yeah, I'm sure a dying man would be given insurance to tour the world.

Actually NO I didn't I posted a clip out of a foreign newspaper that I was asked to pass around.. so once again, rgds manc lad xxx

I must warn anyone tonight sitting in the front row - stand up and take your position leaning on the stage if you don't want to lose your spot. It was probably the worst thing that I've ever seen anyone do to fellow fans at a gig. I don't know who they were, but yes, Anonymous was right about it happening on the left of the stage (from the audience's perspective, ie what performers call stage right).

Literally about 2 minutes before show time - I think during the Lypsynka clip - a long line of about 10 people, led by a security guard, walked down the aisle or through the nearest door. I thought, "oh, they must be going to their seats" and didn't think for a moment that I should stand up to take my spot at the stage. Thought I should wait, like I saw people do previously, until the show started before standing. Without further warning the whole line of people walked straight in front of us and took their positions between us and the stage. I was on my own, but several people around me started shouting at the guard and asking what was going on. The guard simply shrugged, as if he didn't know what we were on about. I've never seen anything like it and there was nothing we could do. They didn't all stay the whole time, and some of them didn't even seem familiar with some of the songs. Some of them were quite vicious towards us.

If it hadn't been such an amazing evening and spectacular performance from Moz and the band, it would've been crushing.

So, please, look out and don't let anyone steal your spot. Good luck everyone and look after each other...

Casper I think you're over reacting here mate. These people are Stevens favourite apostles and YOU my friend should feel privileged to be in their presence. Honestly Casper you're the rude one, do you not know how things work at Steven's performances ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Yeah, who was that pish?

Also, shit to hear about the people getting in front of the front row. We did this on the Wed night, but before we did we made sure the front row knew about it and asked if they were going to stand up against the stage. If they weren't there's no way people should jump in front of them. They should always get first dibs.

~Paul~

I waltzed right to the front, nobody was standing there! Had my hand right on the stage. Stage-right! Right next to some old dude who was rocking away and clearly enjoying it. Didn't know any of the songs, never seen him before, don't own any of his stuff but fully enjoyed it. Those people who had premium seats only got them through luck because of the ballot system. We walked out after an hour to use the tickets to get our kids in to watch a song each. They enjoyed it too and haven't stopped talking about it since.

There was some dude shouting about his ticket in a plummy accent "170 dollars for a ticket and they can stand in front of me, blah, blah, this is ridiculous" Maybe a few obscenities sprinkled in but it all just faded into white noise after a while.

He will never retire: his models are Sinatra and Charles Aznavour. Being on stage is his adrenalin.

I am getting an adrenaline rush just from imagining him in 2045, singing ITMAAP in Vegas to twelve old ladies and two lost crossdressers. By then even Jesse will be a grand-father and enjoy retirement on a ranch somewhere.

Charles tried to say "Farewell!" a few years ago, but hysterical nonagenarians threatened to jump off cliffs everywhere, so he decided to stay, for demographics.

What can you do. When you're indispensable, you're indispensable.

And he does have a record label- Charles has.

Morrissey can last as long as him if he keeps doing this as if it was a 9 to 5 job, avoiding any emotional involvement.
You can't let the songs get to you, for instance, or you're dead.
Drinking lots of water, avoiding any strenuous exercise (such as salt-shaking and other somersaults) is also important.
If you do all that, Moscow will roll out the red carpet soon. I promise. :)

And...You're right, people will ALWAYS love ITMAAP. It's so... Eurovision!
(*That* Eurovision, not the other Eurovision.)

Besides, honestly, what else could he do? Babysit Jake's kid? Open a male brothel? Learn how to do a perm? Take vegan cooking classes? And just like that I've made retirement tempting.

PS/ no I don't have a video for MDL sorry.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom