tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Todo_Sobre_Mi_Madre.jpg

I'm halfway through Pedro Almodovar's 'All About My Mother' at the moment. My Almodovar obsession had calmed down for a little while, but then I visited Madrid and that has sparked it off again. I love Spanish cinema, there's just something about it. :love:

drag-me-to-hell-poster-560x829.jpg

...and now i can't sleep. it's unimaginably disgusting at times. same sort of scary/bizarre/funny combination as evil dead. pretty good. not sure how i felt about the ending but it's stuck with me so far.

drag-me-to-hell-poster-560x829.jpg

...and now i can't sleep. it's unimaginably disgusting at times. same sort of scary/bizarre/funny combination as evil dead. pretty good. not sure how i felt about the ending but it's stuck with me so far.

It gave me a phobia of false teeth/elderly people's gums. :sick:

I made a note of this post a while ago:

dvd-large.jpg

I've just watched a devastating documentary called Dear Zachary: A letter to a son about his father It tells the story of Andrew Bagby, a young doctor who was murdered by his ex girlfriend after he ended their relationship. What then follows is an unforgettable story that is expertly made by an old friend of Andrew's called Kurt Kuenne. I defy anyone who watches this to be unaffected by the time the credits roll, it is an emotionally shattering experience. It's a brilliant testament to the power of love and friendship that you will never forget. Absolutely unmissable.

I just downloaded this from Netflix and I have to say that it is every bit as devastating (and redemptive) as mozmal said.

It's harrowing and beautiful and must be seen.

Un Prophete (A Prophet dir: Jacques Audiard 2009)

Audiard is the savior of French film noir, his fifth film is about a 19 year old Arabic man Malik's survival in a prison.
Audiard regular Niles Arestrup is excellent as usual, new commer Tahar Rahim who plays the protagonist shows natural talent.
It is deserved to be nominated 2010 Academy Award's best foreign language film (however, the winner will be Michael Haneke's White Ribbon).

I recommend Audiard's previous films (See How They Fall, Self Made Hero, Read My Lips and The Beat That My Heart Skipped) if you haven't watched them yet.
They are all well above the average crime flix and you'll be amazed the consistency of his work.

BabyDollPoster.jpg

Baby Doll Meighan is a pretty, vacuous Southern 'white trash' gal who at 19 still sleeps in a crib and sucks her thumb. She has been married for two years to ineffectual, bigoted Archie Lee. The couple have not yet consummated their marriage because Archie Lee promised Baby Doll's dying father that he would not touch his daughter until she said she was "ready for marriage."...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048973/plotsummary
It was once deemed the "dirtiest American-made motion picture that had ever been legally exhibited" by Time Magazine. They weren't all that wrong though. It is a gorgeously shot film. Directed by Elia Kazan

This is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

I saw The Hurt Locker the other night - a co-worker lent me his Netflix copy - :sleeping: Seriously. BORING.

41wECMHiKjL._SS500_.jpg

What a fantastic movie. Everyone should see this.

Guitar, starring Saffron Burrows

Loved it.

Un Prophete (A Prophet dir: Jacques Audiard 2009)

Audiard is the savior of French film noir, his fifth film is about a 19 year old Arabic man Malik's survival in a prison.
Audiard regular Niles Arestrup is excellent as usual, new commer Tahar Rahim who plays the protagonist shows natural talent.
It is deserved to be nominated 2010 Academy Award's best foreign language film (however, the winner will be Michael Haneke's White Ribbon).

I recommend Audiard's previous films (See How They Fall, Self Made Hero, Read My Lips and The Beat That My Heart Skipped) if you haven't watched them yet.
They are all well above the average crime flix and you'll be amazed the consistency of his work.

Just saw Un Prophete and was blown away. 154 relentless minutes of filmmaking at its very best. Never once did the plot dip, the acting was exemplary and I'll definitely be checking out his other films
YOU MUST SEE THIS FILM

Avatar...I dozed off and spilt my popcorn I was that bored.:(

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom