tell us about the last Film you saw

So far this weekend I've seen Wolfman and Youth in Revolt, both of which I enjoyed very much :D.

bigfan.jpg

What would you do if your idol did something to you that was unforgivable? And what if you were so far gone that it didn't seem unforgivable to you, since your 'idol' could do no wrong? I loved it! And even though there wasn't a ton of music in it, all the songs they picked were really ace.

I've just seen Invictus, the story of how the South African rugby team won the world cup in 1995, inspired by the recently released president, Nelson Mandela. Directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, it's well made, but some of the rugby sequences were a bit lacking. I'm surprised it's up for acting oscars, the performances are good throughout, but not that good.

I also saw the dreadful Valentine's Day, which stars so many names, too many names. It's an unbelievably syruppy mess where everyone smiles constantly throughout the 2 hour endurance. I couldn't wait for it to end. Awful.

bigfan.jpg

What would you do if your idol did something to you that was unforgivable? And what if you were so far gone that it didn't seem unforgivable to you, since your 'idol' could do no wrong? I loved it! And even though there wasn't a ton of music in it, all the songs they picked were really ace.

This painfully reminds me of my first hypothetical encounter with Morrissey.
:tears:

I've just watched the extraordinary Man On Wire, it's an oscar-winning documentary that tells the story of Philippe Petit, who is the only man to walk between the world trade centre towers on a high-wire. Beautiful film making.

Last edited by a moderator:
russianark.jpg

HORRIBLE! A bunch of people in period dress acting overly rambunctious while a dreary guy narrates over their tittering, arguing, and prancing about.

Oh. Dreadful.

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

David_Bowie_Labyrinth_Jim_Henson_movie_poster.jpg

I've never watched it, despite always wanting too.
so my friend and i watched it last night.

and even though the entire movie just feels like she's having a REALLY bad trip I love it. :D

matilda.jpg

It was just one of those days.

I LOVE both these. I always wanted to be Matilda when I was little.

Anyway, the other night I watched

282490~Constantine-Posters.jpg

I must admit I was initially drawn in by the Keanu Reeves factor :blushing: but it is a really brilliant movie. I love all that religious crap, so it was perfect for me. OK, so the demons were a bit cheesy, but otherwise it was a wonderful film. I highly reccommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. :)

russianark.jpg

HORRIBLE! A bunch of people in period dress acting overly rambunctious while a dreary guy narrates over their tittering, arguing, and prancing about.

Oh. Dreadful.
So why did you watch it?:)I recommend "9-ya Rota"(9th Company").Btw .you will see how nice is in Afghanistan,and that American war in Afghanistan will end the same like the Russian war there did:))

Last edited:
So why did you watch it?:)

I had to watch some of it to know I disliked it. I didn't watch the entire thing, actually, though my husband did, so I am aware that it continued in the same vein until its conclusion.

I've been asked this question several times on Solo about various things I've watched and not liked. Doesn't everyone have to watch at least part of something to know they don't like it? Am I somehow confused about this?

I had to watch some of it to know I disliked it. I didn't watch the entire thing, actually, though my husband did, so I am aware that it continued in the same vein until its conclusion.

I've been asked this question several times on Solo about various things I've watched and not liked.
well im new here so i dont know.:)I only asked because i usually leave/switch off after half of the movie etc.etc...:)

I finally saw Paranormal Activity. It was creepy for sure, but I don't know if it was quite worth all the hype. There were some moments where I had a death grip on the blanket though, so I guess it did its job scaring me. And I was a bit freaked when I went to bed that night :O

well im new here so i dont know.:)I only asked because i usually leave/switch off after half of the movie etc.etc...:)
Ah. Well, welcome to Solo. Only some of us are evil. :)

I finally saw Paranormal Activity. It was creepy for sure, but I don't know if it was quite worth all the hype. There were some moments where I had a death grip on the blanket though, so I guess it did its job scaring me. And I was a bit freaked when I went to bed that night :O

SPOILER ALERTTT!!!

Kimmy, when you saw the footprints and realized that it was a giant duck... Did it heighten the entertainment for you or detract from it? :)

SPOILER ALERTTT!!!

Kimmy, when you saw the footprints and realized that it was a giant duck... Did it heighten the entertainment for you or detract from it? :)

Funny, I was thinking more along the lines of a chicken but a duck will work :D

Watch the "new speech"-"comrade colonel"not "colonel".(In communistic countries you had to adress people like that-"Comrade" or "Citizen" :))

Last edited by a moderator:
So uh, I just saw the rocky horror picture show... I got to run around naked and throw things. I left feeling super content.

Lol jkjk, I've done it for years now.

Real talk

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom