tell us about the last Film you saw

I perform in it every friday night. A shadow cast... friday nite specials, represent.

omg how fun!! Who do you play? My sister and I have been looking to go to a showing in the city for awhile but we haven't concocted good costumes yet. And I'm not going looking like a half assed chump!

omg how fun!! Who do you play? My sister and I have been looking to go to a showing in the city for awhile but we haven't concocted good costumes yet. And I'm not going looking like a half assed chump!

Usually I perform as magenta, that's who I got on cast as. Then I started performing as Janet, and crim. I hate playing crim, it's boring. I performed as Columbia once, also Brad (on a switch night)... I wish to perform as Frank N. Furter, which I should be in March. Oh, I also perform as Trixie who is basically a stripper in the beginning in front of the lips.

Don't judge. Lol

Usually I perform as magenta, that's who I got on cast as. Then I started performing as Janet, and crim. I hate playing crim, it's boring. I performed as Columbia once, also Brad (on a switch night)... I wish to perform as Frank N. Furter, which I should be in March. Oh, I also perform as Trixie who is basically a stripper in the beginning in front of the lips.

Don't judge. Lol

No judging here, I am jealz. Sounds like it's awesome!! I gotta get my Columbia outfit together. I think I may go as pajama-wearing Columbia because the other outfit is gonna be too hard to come by.

No judging here, I am jealz. Sounds like it's awesome!! I gotta get my Columbia outfit together. I think I may go as pajama-wearing Columbia because the other outfit is gonna be too hard to come by.

You'd think that would be easier to come by, but it's not. If you go to a store like WetSeal or a store for people that go guido-clubbing often I can guarantee you'll find a sequin shirt easy. I searched for pajamas that looked like Columbia's for 3 hours at like 15 different stores. Hahah.

Where abouts do you live? I know a bunch of casts (not personally but about them)..

You'd think that would be easier to come by, but it's not. If you go to a store like WetSeal or a store for people that go guido-clubbing often I can guarantee you'll find a sequin shirt easy. I searched for pajamas that looked like Columbia's for 3 hours at like 15 different stores. Hahah.

Where abouts do you live? I know a bunch of casts (not personally but about them)..

Oh yeah? Hmm maybe I'll have to rethink this then! I live on Long Island :)

Oh yeah? Hmm maybe I'll have to rethink this then! I live on Long Island :)
My cast is seriously like an hr from you. Come one friday night, it's every friday at midnight. The addy is 1055 rt 34 aberdeen nj 07747.

It's a blast. I'm Janet this week.

You can meet me and MindlessRuffian

LOVE THAT FILM

1zz5b3r.gif

Best... film... EVER!!! Should've won an Oscar!:thumb:

My cast is seriously like an hr from you. Come one friday night, it's every friday at midnight. The addy is 1055 rt 34 aberdeen nj 07747.

It's a blast. I'm Janet this week.

You can meet me and MindlessRuffian

Maybe we will!! Sounds like it would be a bitchin time.

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

B0007KTB0801LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I had to watch something to distract me from my head feelin the burrrnnn while I was dyeing my hair.

it was good/great/awesome etc.

There Is a Light... still makes me cry though. The way they all just leave the stage.

If I'm like that just watching a DVD of his shows I know I'm gonna be an even bigger wuss at an actual show.

I watched that yesterday. It is of course wonderful, but it made me a bit emotional too.

I watched that yesterday. It is of course wonderful, but it made me a bit emotional too.

I'm almost scared to watch it... Or any of my Morrissey concert footage. I am just dying of non-tour-ness at the moment. :[

I'm almost scared to watch it... Or any of my Morrissey concert footage. I am just dying of non-tour-ness at the moment. :[

Yeah, I always feel a bit like that when watching his live footage because it makes me even more impatient/yearning to see him live.

One bit I don't get about the beginning- the random words being read out with the footage of fields etc. Me and my friend were trying to figure out the meaning or connections but we couldn't think of any coherent ideas. Hmmm.

I've also watched 4 Carry On films in the past 24 hours- Sergeant, Teacher, Nurse and Constable.

Last edited:

One bit I don't get about the beginning- the random words being read out with the footage of fields etc. Me and my friend were trying to figure out the meaning or connections but we couldn't think of any coherent ideas. Hmmm.

It's 'Imperfect List' by Big Hard Excellent Fish. :)

I finally saw 500 Days of Summer last night.

Great film. My one quibble is that the ending is far too pat and trite. I wonder if it was re-written, a la the ending of Singles?

I'd have preferred if he found his fulfillment in his work, rather than another woman.

Kinda OT, but very Morrissey related: the actor (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) looks exactly like my husband's friend who we recently went to a concert with (Dinosaur Jr.- their choice - my ears are still bleeding :straightface:). These two could be brothers. As we were standing outside in the cold waiting to get in I told this friend about how we saw three Moz concerts in one week last year, and he revealed that he had been at my very first Moz concert back in 1992 at the The Palace of Auburn Hills! He went with his brother who was/is a massive fan and who kept drunkenly shouting "Suedehead" and then cried with happiness when it was played. He asked "did you hear him?" but I didn't. We determined we were on opposite sides of the stage.

And then we talked about Years of Refusal, which he had recently bought, and he said that he loved it and was surprised by how "rockin'" the album sounded. And then he told me how much he loves Boz (this friend also plays guitar in a band, and used to own a used record shop. Sorry girls, he's married to a beautiful photographer).

I can't believe he and I had never discussed Morrissey before. I mean geez, he stood up at our wedding! I've known him for over a decade now.

Anyway, great film! :thumb:

I finally saw 500 Days of Summer last night.

Great film. My one quibble is that the ending is far too pat and trite. I wonder if it was re-written, a la the ending of Singles?

I'd have preferred if he found his fulfillment in his work, rather than another woman.

I loved that film! :love:

I quite liked the ending, the 'Autumn' thing made me laugh. I thought he sort of did find fulfillment in his work though, because he was finally doing the architecture thing?

I loved that film! :love:

I quite liked the ending, the 'Autumn' thing made me laugh. I thought he sort of did find fulfillment in his work though, because he was finally doing the architecture thing?

I guess that's true - about him finding fulfillment in the architecture thing, after all. I was in an anti-love mood last night, so maybe that clouded my perception of the ending. I was thinkin' "Dude, you're ok by yourself! You don't need her. Enjoy your freedom! There's more to life!":p I guess I'm an old curmudgeon who prefers unrequited love, bleeding hearts and misery.

My favorite scene was where he sketched on Summer's arm.
There were so many beautiful little scenes like that.

RenderImageashxfile41735.png

"Four-time Academy Award nominee JEFF BRIDGES stars as the richly comic, semi-tragic romantic anti-hero Bad Blake in the debut feature film CRAZY HEART from writer-director Scott Cooper. Bad Blake is a broken-down, hard-living country music singer who's had way too many marriages, far too many years on the road and one too many drinks way too many times. And yet, Bad can't help but reach for salvation with the help of Jean (Golden Globe nominee MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL), a journalist who discovers the real man behind the musician. As he struggles down the road of redemption, Bad learns the hard way just how tough life can be on one man's crazy heart."

Starring: Jeff Bridges, Colin Farrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Robert Duvall, Beth Grant

Director: Scott Cooper
Screenwriter: Scott Cooper
Producer: Robert Duvall, Robert Carliner, T Bone Burnett, Judy Cairo
Composer: T Bone Burnett
Studio: Fox Searchlight Pictures

Where_the_truth_lies.jpg

everybody in it was real hot, the lines were all delivered expertly and the story was involved but emerged in a pretty clear manner
I give it an A
it would be an A+ if the scene where Alison is lezing it up with another hot chick dressed as Alice in Wonderland had been longer :horny:

I did an Oscars double bill tonight - A Single Man and Precious. Wasn't expecting it to be cheery but my God I feel emotionally violated...

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom