tell us about the last Film you saw

Hope Springs

ab3e192643813e3c862333cbe406bfbc.jpg

Very difficult movie to watch, and yet, I couldn't look way. Intimate, insightful, painful... with a great--albeit unrealistically positive--payoff in the end. It's Hollywood folks!

can't wait to see new movies again :guitar:
took a while off from watching ones I already have seen until last Friday, the loneliness level was through the roof!
so I bought a big bottle of Georgian beer(its 12% alcohol) :eek: and watched
Real_Steel_Poster.jpg

without the booze, doubt I would have enjoyed it all this 2nd time around :straightface:
deleted after watching, next was:
Joy_Ride_Poster.jpg

pretty loaded by time watched, still liked it, kept on the HD, mainly so I can show it to my step-dad who is a trucker when I get back :p

Pixies: Gouge (2002) 3.5/4 Stars

loudQUIETloud: a film about Pixies (2006) 2.5/4 Stars

Both are documentaries about the band Pixies. The first film documents the rise and fall of the band. The second one follows them on their 2004 come back tour.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Good movie 3.5/4 Stars. Lots of cool tunes--two Moz songs. Smiths and Moz posters grace the screen in several scenes and locations throughout the film.

8276151964_dde77962d9_z.jpg

I recently saw Sightseers, a dark, black comedy about a couple who go on a 'caravan odyssey'. I won't go any further into the plot, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone. It's a low-budget, British comedy that deserves a wider release than it has. See this excellent little film if you can.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt2023690/

original.jpg

2.5/4 Stars. Great stunt work and acting by Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Michael Shannon. Otherwise, a miss. Romance story-line is lame. Actress is unconvincing in role. Looks like an aerobics instructor--probably the reason why she was hired for the part. Plot is bifurcated. Elephant in the room never acknowledged.

Lincoln

lincoln-300.jpg

Warning, movie is overrated! Don't believe the pseudo culturally-enlightened, historically aware, intellectual wannabee critics. It is dull, too long, and will not appeal to viewers who are not history buffs, critics, or card carrying Lincoln cult members.

Acting by Day-Lewis is brilliant as always. And James Spader was good for a few laughs (film is not a comedy, btw).

Zero Dark Thirty

Strong female lead in Jessica Chastain and great direction by Kathryn Bigelow. Awesome soundtrack. 3.5 out of 4 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw The Hobbit a few weeks ago. It was ok. Not as bad as folks said but not as good as it could have been. -MR

I saw The Hobbit a few weeks ago. It was ok. Not as bad as folks said but not as good as it could have been. -MR
agreed
and then this weekend I finally saw the film I most wanted to see:
les_miserables_ver11.jpg

this film is my favorite musical in the theatre and so I was an easy sell to like it on the big screen
but this cinematic version of it does really transport it to another level, it was perfect :)
A+

-destined to be one of my favorite films of all time!

Last edited:
The last film I saw was "Hitchcock". For me, it was a much more enjoyable film than "The Girl".

In "Hitchcock", the influential filmmaker is portrayed as a man driven by his determination to re-invent himself in (what was then) an original vehicle: A big budget horror film.

In "The Girl", Alfred Hitchcock is reduced to a creepy sexual predator who terrorized Tippi Hedren on the set of "The Birds".

I was genuinely surprised to see "Hitchcock" hadn't been named a nominee in any category of the Oscars. I thought Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren were terrific.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom