Terrorism At Olympic Games?

iamkali62

I have this sick feeling in my stomach that something horrible is going to happen at the Olympic Games. Al Queda might be involved somehow, despite China and their heavy security. If I was one of the athletes I would be kind of worried. What do you think? I just remember the events in Munich in '72 and China is a particularly heated place just now, so what say you?

I have this sick feeling in my stomach that something horrible is going to happen at the Olympic Games. Al Queda might be involved somehow, despite China and their heavy security. If I was one of the athletes I would be kind of worried. What do you think? I just remember the events in Munich in '72 and China is a particularly heated place just now, so what say you?

Nah I think it'll all be fine, the chinese have definitely adopted a hard line against any form of disruption, so I can imagine them to be on the ball with regards to threats of a terrorist nature.

spo_52.jpg

Very possible. Of course, countries that engage in rampant violations of human rights and international law especially invite this sort of activity. I'm not saying I think Black September were totally cool in what they did, but I can sympathize with the underlying motivation. Just like I generally support the IRA, even though they did some monstrous acts. According to NIE reports terrorism seems to be on the rise. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Of course, countries that engage in rampant violations of human rights and international law especially invite this sort of activity. I'm not saying I think Black September were totally cool in what they did, but I can sympathize with the underlying motivation. Just like I generally support the IRA, even though they did some monstrous acts.
Yeah, that's exactly how I would define Black September - "not cool" :rolleyes:. Are you aware of how many violations of human rights and international law are being committed by your government as we speak? If some Iraqi came and killed your family in retaliation, would you still "sympathize"? Asshole.

Yeah, that's exactly how I would define Black September - "not cool" :rolleyes:.

You're really reading too much into it. Taken out of context it could be interpreted as callous, however, if you've been reading the Off Topic threads for any length of time you'd know I frequently post regarding human rights issues, humanitarian causes, etc. I don't think I've left any room for misunderstanding of my own perspective.

Are you aware of how many violations of human rights and international law are being committed by your government as we speak?

It pains me every day. It's an insult to, and a betrayal of, everything this country is supposed to stand for. (Unlike many nations America is in the minority that were founded not just on ethnic, religious, or geographical basis, but a philosophical one.) It pains me more that these awful deeds are being carried out with MY hard earned money, making me responsible in acts I find abhorrant. I simply cannot convey to you enough, words like "fury" and "rage" are woefully insufficient.

If some Iraqi came and killed your family in retaliation, would you still "sympathize"? Asshole.

Yes. Absolutely. I would hate that individual, I'd kill him myself, if possible, and I'd probably enjoy it to some degree, as well. HOWEVER, that would not alter the fact that what my government is doing is an even GREATER evil, and that I am aware of that. As I said about the IRA, I don't respect every deed, but I DO sympathize with the motivation.

Heeeeey USA network is showing fencing !

I know! sooo exciting!

first I get a new Pysch and now fencing! yippee!

Growing up my brother and I used to "fence" with whatever we had laying around that could duplicate the epee. Mom put a stop to that after too many black eyes and other injuries involving wiffle ball bats and little league aluminum baseball bats.

You could probably also blame Star Wars. I was a child of the 80's after all.

Well, I used to think barbaric Islamists across the world were a problem, seeing as how they seem to be in conflict and engaging in horrific mass-murders everywhere and anywhere Muslims are in close proximity with non-Muslims. But SoLowers like Dave (claiming maybe Muslims weren't responsible for 9/11, and the book Debunking 9/11 Myths was a laughable pack of propaganda) and Morrissey the 23rd (claiming the CIA were behind the subway attacks in England) have convinced me that there is no problem with Islam. I'm so sorry if I have ever desecrated a Koran, such a beautiful book! If any so-called "terrorist" incident occurs at the Beijing Games, the last people I'd suspect would be Muslims. Al Qaeda??? Colleen, are you even sure that a group called al Qaeda even exists? They might be a figment of your imagination implanted in your head by the Fox News Network.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I think Black September were totally cool in what they did, but I can sympathize

Wikipedia: "The BSO is notorious for the kidnap and murder of eleven Israeli athletes and officials, and the murder of a German police officer, during the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, Germany."

I've pointed out previously that NoGodsNoMasters is about the worst person to be posting endorsements for American presidential candidates, given his hatred of the United States of America and virtually everything it stands for. Now that he's come out of the closet as sympathetic with anti-Semitic terrorist murders against Jewish/Israeli athletes at the Olympic Games (though some small part of his conscience is not quite totally "cool" with such barbarism), I think NoGodsNoMasters can be dismissed forevermore. *spit*

Last edited:
Wikipedia: "The BSO is notorious for the kidnap and murder of eleven Israeli athletes and officials, and the murder of a German police officer, during the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, Germany."

I've pointed out previously that NoGodsNoMasters is about the worst person to be posting endorsements for American presidential candidates, given his hatred of the United States of America and virtually everything it stands for. Now that he's come out of the closet as sympathetic with anti-Semitic terrorist murders against Jewish/Israeli athletes at the Olympic Games (though some small part of his conscience is not quite totally "cool" with such barbarism), I think NoGodsNoMasters can be dismissed forevermore. *spit*

Shhh... You are missing badminton on the USA network and Boxing is still going on over at CNBC.

Kenny Egan of Ireland kicked some serious ass tonight as well.

Shhh... You are missing badminton on the USA network and Boxing is still going on over at CNBC.

Kenny Egan of Ireland kicked some serious ass tonight as well.

Oh shit! I have to figure out what all the channels are that the coverage is on! It's already feeling too complicated!!!

Team USA got a very warm reception at the Opening Ceremonies. From what I could tell, outside of the home team, USA and Iraq got the warmest receptions. The Danes looked the happiest, which fits that recent study that they are a very happy people.

The opening ceremonies went a bit long, but I watched it all. I saw there are quite a few countries in this world that I've NEVER EVEN HEARD OF. I guess its a bigger world than I realized. I gotta get a new World Atlas and study up.

I also noticed that - correct me if I'm wrong - Saudi Arabia was the only Muslim country that didn't allow female athletes on their team (though the only two females on one of the Muslim countries' team were directly related to their King, or something like that). It has gotta be time for Saudi Arabia to be more firmly pressured about the rights of women.

UPDATE: I see on the replay that the Afghan team's female athlete disappeared before the Games, reportedly seeking asylum after receiving death threats from Muslims who don't want any females on the team.

Last edited:
Oh shit! I have to figure out what all the channels are that the coverage is on! It's already feeling too complicated!!!

Team USA got a very warm reception at the Opening Ceremonies. From what I could tell, outside of the home team, USA and Iraq got the warmest receptions. The Danes looked the happiest, which fits that recent study that they are a very happy people.

The opening ceremonies went a bit long, but I watched it all. I saw there are quite a few countries in this world that I've NEVER EVEN HEARD OF. I guess its a bigger world than I realized. I gotta get a new World Atlas and study up.

I also noticed that - correct me if I'm wrong - Saudi Arabia was the only Muslim country that didn't allow female athletes on their team (though the only two females on one of the Muslim countries' team were directly related to their King, or something like that). It has gotta be time for Saudi Arabia to be more firmly pressured about the rights of women.

UPDATE: I see on the replay that the Afghan team's female athlete disappeared before the Games, reportedly seeking asylum after receiving death threats from Muslims who don't want any females on the team.

Politics can take a break and virtually mean nothing to me when there are hot girls playing sports to watch.

It's summer Olympics, they're better off if they're not allowed to compete. They'd probably die of overheating.

Muslimwomanrunning.jpg

Besides, they wouldn't be competitive anyway, not in those outfits. They'd be a waste of resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Absolutely. I would hate that individual, I'd kill him myself, if possible, and I'd probably enjoy it to some degree, as well. HOWEVER, that would not alter the fact that what my government is doing is an even GREATER evil, and that I am aware of that. As I said about the IRA, I don't respect every deed, but I DO sympathize with the motivation.
Killing innocent people is the greatest evil. You don't have the right to make other people your martyrs.

Back
Top Bottom