Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to resume in Denver (Feb. 21)

An anonymous person posted the link:

Morrissey still sick, postpones Texas dates again - BrooklynVegan

We were hopeful, but alas...

As the doctor has ordered MORRISSEY to rest for two additional weeks, the upcoming Texas engagements in El Paso (2/12), Austin (2/13), Pharr (2/15), Beaumont (2/16), and Dallas (2/18) will need to be rescheduled. MORRISSEY is currently undergoing treatment for a bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus. These shows are in the process of being rescheduled immediately and all patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as the new dates will be announced shortly. MORRISSEY thanks everyone concerned for their well wishes and looks forward to getting back on the road. The tour will resume as scheduled in Denver at Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre on Feb 21.

kskiska also sends word the news is posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page.

UPDATE Feb. 11:

CrystalGeezer posted the link:

Fans beg stricken smiths singer Morrissey to cancel gigs - Manchester Evening News
11 Feb 2013 12:55
The Smiths star, pictured, is in hospital in the US being treated for a bleeding ulcer and throat condition Barrett's Oesophagus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

Figured it would happen but as long as we see moz at full strength it's what's best

Re: Article: Texas dates postponed - doctor orders more rest for Morrissey; tour to r

Figured it would happen but as long as we see moz at full strength it's what's best

Yes, Morrissey's good health is the most important thing right now. We can wait for him to get well.

if he really does attempt to reschedule ALL "postponed" gigs,
what are the chances venues will be available when/if tour resumes and comes
to town? we were strongly suggested to hold on to our tickets; news would be days away.
ive had my tix since june... you cant make this shit up.

if he really does attempt to reschedule ALL "postponed" gigs,
what are the chances venues will be available when/if tour resumes and comes
to town? we were strongly suggested to hold on to our tickets; news would be days away.
ive had my tix since june... you cant make this shit up.

if it doesn't happen you'll get your money back

I know Moz would doubtless prefer to end the tour on a high, but I think it's really time to just cancel the rest of the US dates, and take a year or two off touring. Moz really needs to take some time off. He's been on the road pretty much constantly since 2011. Take some time off - maybe finally get that autobiography out there.

I hope he gets better soon, I hate to hear of him having such a tough go of it. Poor Moz.

I would be lying, though, if I didn't say that I'm gutted. I was in Nashville for business and it happened to be the same week he was there, so I got a ticket. That one was cancelled. Now the one in Beaumont is off too. I shouldn't be so selfish but now I wonder if I'll ever see him.

Give it a real rest Morrissey get wel, as Boz and start all over later this year, it's becoming
unpleasant for all , ofcourse You and your band and roadies [PA, stage etc.].

Make a whole new schedule and do Your best and don't worry

beterschap

I give up on this tour & selling all my 7 tickets. Sorry Moz my life will no longer revolve around you...

Always listen to " The ambitious insider" so far he's pretty much been bang on with his/her insider info.

Anonymous - February 5, 2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ambitious insider

The rest of the tour will be cancelled on Friday after Morrissey's next Dr. appointment. It is very unlikely he will reschedule these shows as he will be subject to on-going test and treatment in the UK.

I give up on this tour & selling all my 7 tickets. Sorry Moz my life will no longer revolve around you...

Quite right. Morrissey is being so selfish getting ill. Imagine scheduling a tour and then getting sick just to then cancel some of the shows - how incredibly rude of him.

Health comes first no matter who it is. I know it must be disappointing but what can you do? "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

Personally I think he should take a break and it pains me to say that because I really want to see him in the UK soon at some point - but rather than burn himself out it may be better if he recharged and focused on songwriting perhaps? Do something different, write a new album, or do bugger all. Only he knows how he feels of course, but if he thinks he has to cancel the tour for the sake of his health then I think people should respect that decision.

if it doesn't happen you'll get your money back

REALLY??
Will I get my $$ back? For true?
I've had him cancell more times
than not. I've gotten my $$ back
each time. It's not the money, simpleton.
I LIVE IN f***ING FLORIDA.
I should be over Him, it's shameful a man
my age (50) still gives a shit, but I'm powerless;
I love the guy.
Thanks captain obvious!!!
Any more tips??

Tony/Miami

If he's feeling up to it, maybe he should just do The Staples show since it's special. After that, he should take some time - however long it takes - to rest and get better. This has got to be really difficult for him...But, its better to cancel the tour and regain his health than to keep canceling certain dates with a promise of rescheduling when obviously he's pushing it. I know he doesn't want to cancel the tour or let anyone down, but as stated before, his health is much more important. We'll understand. And if people don't and want to complain and talk shit about him, then they don't need to be at the show in the first place.

Someone on here said this would happen, and that it would be announced on the 8th - here it is...

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...or-s-o?p=1986758918&viewfull=1#post1986758918

Poor lad. Wish Moz all the best.

P.

This wasn't hard to predicted and the chances of Salt Lake and Denver happening are slim. If anything he may try to resume in San Diego but that of course depends on his doctor's advice. Morrissey would have had pre symptoms (passing blood) before he was hospitalized and this has likely been going on for sometime. My doctor indictated that Barrett's esophagus is the last illness a singer would want to battle and could permanently damage there vocal cords if left untreated. Any unneccessary strain would only inflame the problem and could lenghten the recovery process. I like everyone else have been waiting patiently since June to see him perform but unfortunately he may decide to scrape the whole tour.

If he's feeling up to it, maybe he should just do The Staples show since it's special. After that, he should take some time - however long it takes - to rest and get better. This has got to be really difficult for him...But, its better to cancel the tour and regain his health than to keep canceling certain dates with a promise of rescheduling when obviously he's pushing it. I know he doesn't want to cancel the tour or let anyone down, but as stated before, his health is much more important. We'll understand. And if people don't and want to complain and talk shit about him, then they don't need to be at the show in the first place.

He is going to walk on stage with a bunch of blue roses at the Staples show !

Trust me

Okay, here is the deal. I have been critical of the setlists for some time, and I stand by those posts. Despite the negative comments related to Moz's current band, music, songs, etc., we are all fans--some longer than others.

So, Morrissey really should consider taking a break to get as healthy as possible; if this means canceling the tour and taking some time off, then that is best. He probably wants to resume the tour later, but if the issues that he is facing are that serious, then rest may be best.

He is going to walk on stage with a bunch of blue roses at the Staples show !

Trust me

And, he will sing "Trouble Loves Me," after he invites TRB up on stage to share a dance.

Okay, here is the deal. I have been critical of the setlists for some time, and I stand by those posts. Despite the negative comments related to Moz's current band, music, songs, etc., we are all fans--some longer than others.

So, Morrissey really should consider taking a break to get as healthy as possible; if this means canceling the tour and taking some time off, then that is best. He probably wants to resume the tour later, but if the issues that he is facing are that serious, then rest may be best.

thank you Doc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom