The art of 'the subtle put-down'

nightingale+therose

...brush me daddy-o
Some people can say something off the cuff that makes you feel all warm and cosy.... untill you read the subtext. The art of getting away with disparaging comments is subtle... if you're a practicing artist, please share your skills. I'm no master so I'll begin with a plagerised example:

Many thanks for sending me a copy of your song. I'll waste no time listening to it!:p

I know what you mean, but I can't think of something right now. :(
But I'll work on it. I'll be pleased to share the tricks of my lonely trade with you..

I know, it's really difficult to find the subtle ones... the downright rude ones are easy.... maybe we should go for them.

F^ck you very much! .... (my personal favourite!)

Morrissey once told me i was "almost funny". Unsubtle put down, i was thrilled. Anyone know where and why?

No,cmon Bill,tell us

18th April 2006 Lowry Salford Morrissey asked the crowd mid set there oppinion of the tv show Shameless, in my over exhuberant state i shouted out in mock chatsworth bucaneer twang "we're having a party...." to which he replied "almost funny", virtually a fully fledged conversation i'm sure you'll agree. I shook his hand stage right that night as well great night.

It was so nice of you to come, and so much nicer to see you leave. :D

Tags
comedy humour jokes put-down
Back
Top Bottom