Morrissey Central "THE BOYS IN THE BAND" (July 19, 2021)

The Morrissey Band line-up for the 5 upcoming Vegas concerts is

Jesse Tobias, guitar

Alain Whyte, guitar

Solomon Walker, bass

Gustavo Manzur, keyboards

Brendan Buckley, the drums

unnamed-1_kibsbp.jpg

Morrissey photographed in Las Vegas, 2004, by Linder Sterling.

Regards,
FWD.

1999 I believe it was.
Images from that shoot were used in 2015 (why?) for Arena Homme+.
Not sure where Central's date comes from (much like the Cosmic Dancer mis-dating - I suspect they're not sure either).
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: See Joe Frady's images that relate to this below.

View attachment 74345
Yes, i date this to around 99 too. Imagine the awful 17 years M would have had t go from this , to what he is now . Actually its still a pretty rough 22 years .
He looks nothing like this now.

This sounds interesting. Do you have any examples?

Boz's role is bigger than just the guitarist, he is the band's musical director. Very curious he is off the gig but i would reckon it's as simple as not wanting to travel during Plague Times. Not sure what the reason is for Matt being out of the band.

Nice to see Solomon back. Suppose Morrissey forgave him for eating that burger in 2014.

Last year Al was doing his YouTube vids and posted them on Twitter and he was very active. Jesse called him egomaniac or something similar, and other nasty remarks that he deleted.
Fans in both sides were calling each other too.

And Alain was always a gentleman. He never said one word.

Last year Al was doing his YouTube vids and posted them on Twitter and he was very active. Jesse called him egomaniac or something similar, and other nasty remarks that he deleted.
Fans in both sides were calling each other too.

And Alain was always a gentleman. He never said one word.
Wow! I personally did not know about this.

Jesse is just jealous, and he made it so obvious by doing this. He could never be the man or musician that Alain is, so he lashes out in this way. Alain is a true musician, artist, and gentleman and shines in a way that J never could, no matter how hard he tried.

I am so excited that Alain is coming back!! I actually cannot believe it - it is so wonderful!! Excuse my jubilance. 😆

Has Alain learned the new songs yet? This must have been in the works for a while unless he’s just gonna learn them all in the mean time but that doesn’t seem easy

Didn't Solomon walk off the tour in 2014, forcing Mando to be "air-dropped in" on very short notice?

The new drummer who works with Shakira will fit well with Manzur .

Alain Whyte back on board is fantastic news but no matter the good ingredients you put in the blender, if there is a few bad tastes fruit in, you won't get a good well balanced beuvrage

I bet Jesse has had to bite his tongue. He's been so rude and bitchy at Alain during the first year of the pandemic and very vocal on twitter.
Take that bitch.

Curious about Matt ,seems to me he's been unhappy with Moz for a while, however not playing in Vegas doesn't mean anything.
What has he been saying?

Fantastic to see Alain back in the fold. Boz isn't included - probably due to the UK's ludicrous Pingdemic track and trace BS: Boz and his Mrs would have to self isolate for ten days on their return to that rain sodden, over crowded rock off the edge of Europa - and that is a drag man. I'm here. Drumming along to ROTT to piss off the neighbours. Not thrilled about Buckley, he's your bog standard hi-hat–kick–snare merchant. No flair, no nuance, no style - he's no Budgie. Paresi is the best drummer Morrissey has worked with. Spencer is second, some finesse, great rhythm. Morrissey, you know where to find me when you want a Budgie wannabe to add some texture and dimension ...

Can’t believe Jesse dissed Alain on Twitter. So incredibly uncalled for. The Jesse of today is of course way better than the Jesse of 2004-2011, but Alain Whyte he’ll never be.

I don't see why. There are daily British Airways flights landing in Boston, NYC and L.A. If there's a problem with Boz getting here due to travel restrictions, why not Morrissey, who as recently as a week ago was watching football in Manc.
They are not in the same place...Boz is not in the UK

Can’t believe Jesse dissed Alain on Twitter. So incredibly uncalled for. The Jesse of today is of course way better than the Jesse of 2004-2011, but Alain Whyte he’ll never be.
He shall never be forgiven for his murdering of This Charming Man. Never.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom