The Bullfighter Dies

Bullfighting is a horrible nasty, cruel business. However, I don't understand when people cheer the bullfighters themselves getting injured. Some people revel in it. In my book you are either against suffering of any kind, to whatever creature, or you're not. Why would you cheer suffering, whether it's bovine or human? A decrease of suffering whether to animals or humans is what this world needs.

P,

I agree!

Bullfighting is a horrible nasty, cruel business. However, I don't understand when people cheer the bullfighters themselves getting injured. Some people revel in it. In my book you are either against suffering of any kind, to whatever creature, or you're not. Why would you cheer suffering, whether it's bovine or human? A decrease of suffering whether to animals or humans is what this world needs.

P,

The bull... ahem, fighter steps into the ring with the sole purpose to cause harm and torment to an otherwise defenceless animal while receiving cheers from the crowd while others jab spears into it's shoulder blades. Then the bull is killed. If he actually fought the bull I may have a bit more respect for him, but not much more. At least Johnny Knoxville of Jackass takes the bull head on :)

To suffer is to feel physical or mental pain and anguish at the hands of an imposed, dominant force. How is a bull fighter dressing up in fancy costume revelling and basking in the cheers of a blood thirsty crowd who may or may not get injured and rarely die in the process suffering?

The bull deserves our compassion. The bullfighter is just, a bully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom