The Cranberries

Just realised that the Cranberry's hate posts are all from the same IP address (YOU) Why on earth are you bothered about why someone would name their daughter Delores, do you have erection problems because someone named Delores laughed at the size of your penis or something ?
Dolores just sounds shrug somehow. Yet to meet a Dolores but looking forward to Chuck & Dolores the killer doll movie.

I was merely mentioning other peoples hates and I did listen to the band way back but somehow the idea of them was better than the actual end product. I don't think girls dressed in black have ever been loved by the public.

A fooking band of tinkers.
Won't fall for that one but the only one spelling the F-word like that was that infamous swede. No wonder I was accused of being him earlier since everyone still believes he visits Solo but I am not one of them.

Didn't someone pose as him with a swedish proxy address recently?

The paranoia of the internetz

first album was alright but then I had the misfortune of seeing them live. The most boring thing this side of the sundays. Some bands just should no play live. Might as well have stayed home and listened to the record. Dreadful.

first album was alright but then I had the misfortune of seeing them live. The most boring thing this side of the sundays. Some bands just should no play live. Might as well have stayed home and listened to the record. Dreadful.

That is interesting as I've been watching their live DVD "Beneath the Skin" (Paris 1999) on YouTube which I think is brilliant which is a surprise because I'm not a fan of recorded gigs.

Thanks Ketamine Sun, I am keeping an eye out for returned tickets. I know by chatting to the bloke in the box office at the RAH, that they regularly get returned tickets in the last month before the show, so I imagine the Palladium has the similar thing. But there is no way my wife would let me spend money with a tout.

So, so far about half you lot love The Cranberries and half hate them. Which is I guess is how it should be?

You're killin me Smalls! I love the Sundays as well and keep hearing rumors of them reuniting with new album and tour!

saw them open for Suede. Suede were magical.

Sounds fine to me. If you say a band sucks live or otherwise, please feel free to post your video of you singing and playing. Barring that, shut the f*** up. †

Sounds fine to me. If you say a band sucks live or otherwise, please feel free to post your video of you singing and playing. Barring that, shut the f*** up. †

They were f***ing great!
Never understood why they didn't make it big time.
Such a good song and singer.
Must have been something to do with Harriet's unusual voice, irritating people.
Always liked it.
And this shows they were great life!
Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

They were f***ing great!
Never understood why they didn't make it big time.
Such a good song and singer.
Must have been something to do with Harriet's unusual voice, irritating people.
Always liked it.
And this shows they were great life!
Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

define ' make it big' ? thought they did have a taste of ' it ' with that first record.

What happened after with the second record? I'm only familiar with the first, it's great. Maybe it just couldn't be followed by a second great record? I don't know much about them. Maybe they were difficult and therefor interesting people/artists who refused to play the game anymore and so self destructed. But I agree.. great voice,catchy songs, moods captured and always there if you need that kind of company alone.. just push 'play'.

Off to google The Sundays ... because it's soooo 'important' :lbf:. now I'm just curious.

define ' make it big' ? thought they did have a taste of ' it ' with that first record.

What happened after with the second record? I'm only familiar with the first, it's great. Maybe it just couldn't be followed by a second great record? I don't know much about them. Maybe they were difficult and therefor interesting people/artists who refused to play the game anymore and so self destructed. But I agree.. great voice,catchy songs, moods captured and always there if you need that kind of company alone.. just push 'play'.

Off to google The Sundays ... because it's soooo 'important' :lbf:. now I'm just curious.

Yes, I agree they did have a taste of it.
But especially this song had a quality to it to be a great, radio-friendly hit and to become high in the charts everywhere. Mind you, I don't even know if it was a single.
Their music is timeless.
Googling too now, like you!, ha.

saw them open for Suede. Suede were magical.

I really wish I was there, I love Suede almost as much as I love The Smiths. Especially as Butler was still with them. If memory serves me well, I recall Butler spent most of time on that tour hanging out with The Cranberries.

I remember when my mates auntie was given a free ticket to see The Cranberries who were supporting R.E.M in London but she wouldn't give it to me even though she didn't know either bands!

I really wish I was there, I love Suede almost as much as I love The Smiths. Especially as Butler was still with them. If memory serves me well, I recall Butler spent most of time on that tour hanging out with The Cranberries.

I remember when my mates auntie was given a free ticket to see The Cranberries who were supporting R.E.M in London but she wouldn't give it to me even though she didn't know either bands!

That can be fun to though, not knowing the bands. I remember going with my sister to see Alanis morrissette when I knew of like two songs maybe and Radiohead opened whom I knew nothing about and still enjoyed it

Back
Top Bottom