The Cure thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
Orange you glad you got tickets?

#dadjokes

Oh man the Cure in Orange! That is their best filmed concert ever! When the hell is Orange coming out on Blu Ray? The version of Push is incredible!!!

I don't know, it's all in Robert's hands—which means it may never happen. Every time Tim Pope is asked, he says he doesn't know! Don't hold your breath. Robert makes a lot of plans and promises...

I'm suuuuuuuuuper psyched to see it on a big screen, though!!!!!!

Orange you glad you got tickets?

#dadjokes

I laughed, I won't lie.

I met Roger O'Donnell from the Cure. Big disappointment! :(

I really love The Cure, but I hate how the one that approaches the fans the most, is also the most nasty. Roger was nice to my friend and I (even though he kept mimicking her nervous tick) but there were other people also wanting to meet him so we kind of pulled back not to steal the conversation from other Cure fans.

Then he started to complain about the other members. Then he commented how ugly another musician outside the band is. Then he talked about how he's never had a problem getting laid. Weird shit. And just negative. When someone asked about Robert again he seemed annoyed. Only wanted to talk about himself and not even the band. Apparently his solo project fell flat but that was because other people were against him, not the fact he's ehh and not amazing. I swear the only reason why people were so excited to see him was because he was in the band, not because he was Roger because if you listen to him and forget he's in a famous band, he just sounds really horrible. He said some guy looked like a pig. Well you Roger, look the way a raw hot dog smells. And your personality is even uglier. This guy is almost 60 and acted like he was 6!

I can't make out exactly what he said about Robert, but it was something about his appearance and it's not surprising he was fired from The Cure before for talking bad about them.

I wish I met Simon instead.

Re: I met Roger O'Donnell from the Cure. Big disappointment! :(

hey man sorry to hear that but ive found that most adults i know are just big children (first day on the job etc). immaturity is such a turnoff in every way but at least you have a story out of it. he sounds kinda sad and maybe hes going through some life phase or whatever. best not to dwell on it

Thanks for your reply! Not dwelling, just a shame really as I have loved them for so long and The Cure was really helpful during those tough moody times and was such a staple to my childhood up til now. Best not to meet your idols! But at least I really never associated Roger as being a main player in The Cure so it's not gutting. Not knocking keyboard players, but he should be grateful Robert invited him back because he wasn't making it on his own. He does seem to have some mental issues because he seems to really hit below the belt and has no idea he lives in a glass house as well.

no worries. as for meeting your idols, i myself think its always better to know than not even if youre left disappointed. i would also say that the cure is robert in the end.

no worries. as for meeting your idols, i myself think its always better to know than not even if youre left disappointed. i would also say that the cure is robert in the end.

http://dontf***withrogerodonnell.tumblr.com:D

I swear the only reason why people were so excited to see him was because he was in the band, not because he was Roger because if you listen to him and forget he's in a famous band, he just sounds really horrible.

So what was your reason for wanting to meet him?

I wanted to meet Robert but like I said, Roger approaches people (especially the young crowd, he mentioned how easy for him to get laid in front of a bunch of 14-17 year olds in a sister school of ours) and I thought maybe he'd be a cool guy. And the excitement was still there even though he was very nasty because he is in The Cure (until he gets fired again). I didn't want to meet him per say , he was there and we were nice in return and took a step back when others came forth. We didn't regret moving on.

So even though you already thought he was a "nasty" person who someone told you was fired for being a dick, you were still excited to meet him because you thought he might be a "cool guy." And then you created an account on a Morrissey forum to tell everyone he smells like hot dogs.

Gotcha.

Seems perfectly logical. The user in all likelihood did not stumble upon these forums. Perhaps, he was a Lurker who felt compelled to register upon this unfortunate meeting. No one in the Morrissey universe has reason to malign this member of The Cure...to lie. I'm sorry a band you love, by your own admission, has not made a great album since 1992. It hurts ALL Cure fans that they can't get it together and there are delays after delays, promises after promises of a new album. "And I cried because of waste. "

Also, and you of course do not need to reveal, but when you stated you were The (former) Webmaster for a well known band, was it The Cure? Just trying to see if you may be a little over biased here...

So even though you already thought he was a "nasty" person who someone told you was fired for being a dick, you were still excited to meet him because you thought he might be a "cool guy." And then you created an account on a Morrissey forum to tell everyone he smells like hot dogs.

Gotcha.

Gotcha.

:clap:

Seems perfectly logical. The user in all likelihood did not stumble upon these forums. Perhaps, he was a Lurker who felt compelled to register upon this unfortunate meeting. No one in the Morrissey universe has reason to malign this member of The Cure...to lie. I'm sorry a band you love, by your own admission, has not made a great album since 1992. It hurts ALL Cure fans that they can't get it together and there are delays after delays, promises after promises of a new album. "And I cried because of waste. "

I wasn't suggesting that PityMoon "stumbled" onto these forums, or that there's some kind of conspiracy happening here. My deep eye-roll of a comment stems from not understanding why on earth s/he wanted to meet Roger in the first place, since s/he walked into the situation already believing that he was shit-talking jerk with a failed music career (paraphrasing). Of COURSE s/he wanted to meet him because he's in the Cure (and his/her first choices of Robert and Simon weren't available), and there's nothing wrong with that—but s/he went to the extra trouble of belittling others for doing the same thing! Ridiculous. People in bands are…people. If you want a PR show, you're not going to get it from the Cure.

What any of that has to do with the quality of the Cure's music seems entirely beside the point, no? PityMoon is upset that a member of the band didn't act the way s/he hoped he would when s/he met him, not that she doesn't like their music or thinks they don't make enough albums.

Also, and you of course do not need to reveal, but when you stated you were The (former) Webmaster for a well known band, was it The Cure? Just trying to see if you may be a little over biased here...

No, that was the Psychedelic Furs.

I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate meeting. Generally, we treat new fans here with the welcome in the thread I am linking you to. Please don't allow the comments of two users dissuade you from joining our community.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/131583-Hello-I-m-new?

I really love The Cure, but I hate how the one that approaches the fans the most, is also the most nasty. Roger was nice to my friend and I (even though he kept mimicking her nervous tick) but there were other people also wanting to meet him so we kind of pulled back not to steal the conversation from other Cure fans.

Then he started to complain about the other members. Then he commented how ugly another musician outside the band is. Then he talked about how he's never had a problem getting laid. Weird shit. And just negative. When someone asked about Robert again he seemed annoyed. Only wanted to talk about himself and not even the band. Apparently his solo project fell flat but that was because other people were against him, not the fact he's ehh and not amazing. I swear the only reason why people were so excited to see him was because he was in the band, not because he was Roger because if you listen to him and forget he's in a famous band, he just sounds really horrible. He said some guy looked like a pig. Well you Roger, look the way a raw hot dog smells. And your personality is even uglier. This guy is almost 60 and acted like he was 6!

I can't make out exactly what he said about Robert, but it was something about his appearance and it's not surprising he was fired from The Cure before for talking bad about them.

I wish I met Simon instead.

yeah dont let them get you down about posting as i dont know what theyre problem is. many common people hear what famous musicians are like but still go try and find out for themselves to see the truth. sound like there meeting just verified personally what people already thought do to second hand info. if i was a lurker here and where i knew there were cure fans and i had a negative encounter id probably still share it with other fans. maybe theyd agree and share there own experiences or offer contradictory ones. on another note any person who mimics or makes fun of a persons nervous tick is nothing but scum in my book. i would have told him so on the spot myself. infuriating

^^ This is someone I've collaborated with professionally numerous times and have been close friends with for the better part of two decades, so you'd better believe I'm going to question a person's intentions if they start insulting him in every way possible—down to his physical appearance and musicianship—in a forum I frequent. I'm sorry PityMoon didn't have the fan encounter s/he was hoping for, but as I said before, people in bands are just people. Roger makes himself accessible to Cure fans without any pretense whatsoever and typically with an enormous amount of kindness and generosity, and this is something I've witnessed firsthand countless times over the years. That lack of pretense isn't going to hide a bad day or an off moment. That's true for everyone.

So yeah, to address a previous accusation, I am biased, and yeah, I take it personally. I don't get angry about many things, but when someone talks shit about a friend, it rankles me. I'd be worried if it didn't.

It's well known Roger got fired for talking about the other band members. One of my friends that works in producing music with big names like David Bowie was talking about The Cure and how one got fired for badmouthing, didn't even know Roger's name and when thrown out a few names immediately picked Roger out of the line up without coaxing (after he remembered). It's been documented he talks shit and I witnessed it. I was interested in knowing if the rumors were fitting and unfortunately they were. I asked because a lot of people listen to The Cure here.

As for him being a friend of yours, I doubt it. He really doesn't have many fans out there looking at his twitter/facebook count and how his career didn't take off, I think he approaches people that love The Cure because he can get an ego stroke. If you contact him and get a response, it's not because he likes you it's more because he knows how much you like him. He didn't like anyone in the room, he more conversed in a way to bring himself a lot of attention and his humor at the expense of others.

I do believe what someone said about him being sad. He tries too hard to be witty and it's more cutting and he does seem to hang out with younger people that are impressionable (maybe this is you Chickpea) because if you're grown up and have it together, Roger looks pathetic in comparison to the accomplished artists his age.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OK, PityMoon, you go ahead and believe whatever you want to. You've fabricated a fantasy persona for someone you know absolutely nothing about, and now your suppositions and accusations regarding ME are also totally off-base. You're creating a false picture to suit what you want to be reality because you had a bad experience. You could not be more wrong.

You do know that people have lives outside of the internet, right? And that people have real-life friends and careers and colleagues and collaborators and varied interests and so on? Life does not begin and end with Facebook and email. Crazy, I know…but true!

As for him being a friend of yours, I doubt it. He really doesn't have many fans out there looking at his twitter/facebook count and how his career didn't take off, I think he approaches people that love The Cure because he can get an ego stroke. If you contact him and get a response, it's not because he likes you it's more because he knows how much you like him. He didn't like anyone in the room, he more conversed in a way to bring himself a lot of attention and his humor at the expense of others.

I do believe what someone said about him being sad. He tries too hard to be witty and it's more cutting and he does seem to hang out with younger people that are impressionable (maybe this is you Chickpea) because if you're grown up and have it together, Roger looks pathetic in comparison to the accomplished artists his age.

Back
Top Bottom