The f*** My Life Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
I just paid a chunk of change for my fourth diamond-studded anklet we all hope I don't smash.

I lost my job a week ago and almost everything full-time around here (can't pay my rent on anything less than 35 hours a week) requires very specific experience/training that I inevitably don't have. :/ Did have an interview for CEX today which is pretty much my only hope atm, but my brain has managed to convince me that I was terrible and won't hear back.

I lost my job a week ago and almost everything full-time around here (can't pay my rent on anything less than 35 hours a week) requires very specific experience/training that I inevitably don't have. :/ Did have an interview for CEX today which is pretty much my only hope atm, but my brain has managed to convince me that I was terrible and won't hear back.

Do you you have any university studies ?

Someone dumped a bunch of tires in our dumpster and the trash company won't take them because tires + landfills = bad news. So I called Tucker Tire, my tire shop, and asked how much it would cost for them to take them. If the tires are less than 19.5 inches, $2 a tire. If the tires are more than 19.5 inches, $24.50 a tire. :squiffy: THat's quite a jump.

Everyone keeps reminding me how STUPID I was not to back up my contacts to the cloud. I KNOW IT WAS STUPID. I HAVE FEAR OF BIG BROTHER ACTIVITIES that SCREAM THE CLOUD so I avoid it like the plague, quit reminding me how stupid I am. I know.

That is total garbage. I know the feeling. I applied for a part-time job on top of my full time gig and went to the interview. They asked whether I had a college degree (I do not). They politely informed me that they would not be able to offer me employment, as they only hire those with college degrees. It was a retail job. I asked nicely how much this job paid, as perhaps I was mistaken and applied for the wrong position. Cashier. $9/hour. Sigh. I feel your pain.

That is total garbage. I know the feeling. I applied for a part-time job on top of my full time gig and went to the interview. They asked whether I had a college degree (I do not). They politely informed me that they would not be able to offer me employment, as they only hire those with college degrees. It was a retail job. I asked nicely how much this job paid, as perhaps I was mistaken and applied for the wrong position. Cashier. $9/hour. Sigh. I feel your pain.

If that's their attitude I'd say bullet=dodged. A college degree does not make a person smart or equipped to work retail.

That moment when you start to clean your desk when you realize you don't want to be cleaning your desk.

16611364496_2d5d4cb4ca_b.jpg

This is idiotic, My first job was as a supervisor in a dept store in Manchester, we had weekend staff made up mainly of students supplementing the then student grant, some had been there years most absolutely useless, probably really good at passing exams or writing projects, but couldn't close a till. Interview give a job to a personable smart candidate who seems to have a drop of common sense, they may stay with you for years, how long will a graduate stick a $9 job?

In the eighties I had a conversation with an army sargent who bemoaned the same problem because of the number of kids out of work the British army had used a similar strategy and said only college leavers taken on. No hard nuts and loons from the council estates any more, we will have a bright, sharp, intelligent force, so sharp in fact when instructed to charge a room known to have IRA suspects on the other side, they started saying bollocks to that you go. apparently it took a while for it to sink in to the powers that be that Sappers need to be just that, sappers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just put this right here...

17304449452_a0d984c53b_z.jpg

This weekend (and right this minute) my mom is having a full-blown Alzheimersesque meltdown unaware of her surroundings or the time period she lives in and it's scaring the crap out of my sister who I just got off the sobbing-on-her-end phone with and I was stuck all weekend wondering if why my friend who drinks 8 ounces of water a day always has a f***en tummy ache.

Time to redirect energies.

She thinks her first husband's parents and going to pick her up and take her to dinner. SHe's all dressed up walking around the neighborhood waiting for them. My dad's advice? Take her to their cemetery for dinner, they've been dead for years.

It's going to get weird. My mom gets very dark and spooky, almost demonic. We've been through this. I srsly doubt modern meds could help and she seems too tired to snap herself out of it, she's 73 with emphysema. Think good thoughts PTSD doesn't freak me out, I'm leading this one. :o :( It's complicated because it isn't Alzheimers. It's Time Trap.

Grrrr...am I the only one to get upset to see F word (not the four letter foul word, racist dubious hypocrite British politician's name)?

Why people reporting articles which associate Morrissey and dubious politician?

Grrrr...am I the only one to get upset to see F word (not the four letter foul word, racist dubious hypocrite British politician's name)?

Why people reporting articles which associate Morrissey and dubious politician?

I know you don't like cussing. I thought about this the other day when some friends and I were discussing culture clash. It's so hard for me to wrap my mind around finding the work "f***" distasteful when your culture so openly embraces idealogies more distasteful than a curse word. Do you know there is a gameshow on standard network television in Japan where men must make it through singing a karaoke song while women give them blowjobs? Yet the work f***, and this is universal pretty much, none of my Japanese friends cuss, is embarrassing. It's sooooooo weird.

The ghost of Mozart approved of my merch stand purchase last night. :p (Los Lobos means "The Wolf" in Spanish. :cool:)

17188339347_c092e07641_b.jpg

I know you don't like cussing. I thought about this the other day when some friends and I were discussing culture clash. It's so hard for me to wrap my mind around finding the work "f***" distasteful when your culture so openly embraces idealogies more distasteful than a curse word. Do you know there is a gameshow on standard network television in Japan where men must make it through singing a karaoke song while women give them blowjobs? Yet the work f***, and this is universal pretty much, none of my Japanese friends cuss, is embarrassing. It's sooooooo weird.

You showed your stupidity rambling irrelevant stuff which I did not intend to.

You showed your stupidity rambling irrelevant stuff which I did not intend to.

Okaaaaaay, well that was a fun attempt at conversation. :squiffy:

Kewpie, I saw this and thought of you because I know you like the show...then I thought "f*** HER, she wouldn't get it anyway." So here you go in case I'm wrong.

1907524_844478848979363_4006834480182080390_n.jpg

Tags
*pole dansa bikehumpa bordwalk empire doggie style fanny freeze i like moaning lol ha! loserville pepper balls real talk robby 4 mod robby appeases robby rocks robbygod scott=sad shawnhaspenis small bike sodeepinside spicy crotch suicide talk
Back
Top Bottom