The Guardian Gets It Wrong Again - Peter Katsis (via Morrissey Official FB)

The Guardian Gets It Wrong Again!

Let’s get real. “ Former Morrissey fans” have not organized anything. That “Has-Been Haslam” character was never a Morrissey fan. And his agenda, stated as using music to spread peace, could not be any further from the truth. He is simply using the situation to gain some much needed attention to himself. Apparently his golden years have not been kind. If he really wanted to make a political statement he would make one about the Politicians. But no, that is not what he wants here. He is using this platform for his own agenda. At the end of the day, bullshit is still bullshit.

We are in the business of creating music and performing music. We are actually not in the business of politics, or bullshit. We’ll leave that to Wannabees like Mr Haslam and the Editors of The Guardian.

Peter Katsis
Deckstar Mgmt

Regards,
FWD.

The Guardian article referenced:

Former Morrissey fans to stage anti-racism party in Manchester - The Guardian

Dave Haslam response posted by an anonymous person:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Haslam is looking for attention, obviously. He said in the past the music festival was also a way of going against Morrissey. So no coincidence the festival has been organised the same day that Morrissey plays and not far from the concert venue. He doesn't represent all fans, he doesn't represent me, definitely no!
More than me?
I am confused and hate competition!

A small claim to fame, I have watched every episode of Dallas, Dynasty, Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place. It took me almost 4 years to complete.
And they wonder why I love you!

A small claim to fame, I have watched every episode of Dallas, Dynasty, Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place. It took me almost 4 years to complete.
Add Falcon Crest and I am proposing on one knee.

Maradona's stash was filled by his friends Maduro and Putin, so no, I'm not taking anything from there. Maradona is a sick man who suffers a serious addiction and some people manage him like a puppet tied with cocaine strings.
Yeah, like you and a bit jealous as well.

How's life out in the leafy suburbs now that you've moved away from 'diverse' Bradford? You're "white flight" in action, aren't you pal? Not everyone has the same luxury. Hypocrite. Not everyone has the luxury of calling people 'racist' online from their very white neighbourhood and to send their children to Oxford, while never interacting with 'diversity' apart from during their weekly trip into the city.

It's easy to "celebrate diversity" from behind a car window while on your way back to your white area isn't it? A bit like your fellow hypocrite/coward BrummieBoy, or should I say MalvernBoy. Some of your old friends back in Bradford who couldn't up and leave when the going got tough may feel differently to you, but I suppose that's just because they're bigots isn't it? How dare they challenge the liberal/race replacement orthodoxy, if they have a problem with 'diversity' they should keep their mouths shut and save up enough money to move away just like you did!

After which they too can develop a supercilious attitude - when you have money you can - and criticise the white British who stay living around diversity in Bradford - but refuse to celebrate it! - all from their ivory tower in their 95% white suburb neighbourhood. That's what we call 'moving up in the world'.
He has moved and left Bradford?
OH NO HE MOVED TO SWEDEN AND HE IS THE NEW NEIGHBOUR DRILLING HOLES IN THE WALLS AND PROBABLY IN MY BALLS TOO.

AAAARRRRGGHHHH

I don't care about this but I am worried about where skinny has moved off to. My gps tracker on him is out of function and I am a control freak.
Please tell me he moved to Dubai or India.

This has a whole "fake news" vibe to it that would be unsettling if I hadn't resigned to the idea Moz had gone off the deep end long ago.

How's life out in the leafy suburbs now that you've moved away from 'diverse' Bradford? You're "white flight" in action, aren't you pal? Not everyone has the same luxury. Hypocrite. Not everyone has the luxury of calling people 'racist' online from their very white neighbourhood and to send their children to Oxford, while never interacting with 'diversity' apart from during their weekly trip into the city.

It's easy to "celebrate diversity" from behind a car window while on your way back to your white area isn't it? A bit like your fellow hypocrite/coward BrummieBoy, or should I say MalvernBoy. Some of your old friends back in Bradford who couldn't up and leave when the going got tough may feel differently to you, but I suppose that's just because they're bigots isn't it? How dare they challenge the liberal/race replacement orthodoxy, if they have a problem with 'diversity' they should keep their mouths shut and save up enough money to move away just like you did!

After which they too can develop a supercilious attitude - when you have money you can - and criticise the white British who stay living around diversity in Bradford - but refuse to celebrate it! - all from their ivory tower in their 95% white suburb neighbourhood. That's what we call 'moving up in the world'.
All of this blathering without any acknowledgement that most of the racism, and xenophobia comes from places where there is little to no diversity, and people aren't dealing with some foreign horde attempting to eat their babies, and change their culture.

Otherwise, their politicians would be dominating in diverse places.

Many people think this way because they're relatively isolated. The rest treat it as a nationalistic soccer match. It's a religious like attitude.

Longtime Moz fan but detest some of his politics. After all the grief Mr. Haslam has received Moz ironically has cancelled his July European shows. Logistical reasons???? Typical at times of him.

I had to look this "Haslam" character up & apparently he was a bit famous in the 80's/early 90's as a DJ at the Hacienda in Manchester. Since then, wrote some books & articles for newspapers (inc the guardian, what a coincidence) but basically a nobody with his best days behind him.

I read Haslam's tweets last night and he was gloating that the gigs had been cancelled and he made sure he mentioned "Right wing" and "Tommy Robinson" when talking about Morrissey and Morrissey fans so that he painted us all as a bunch of racists to make himself look good and get more of the publicity he's so thirsty for.

Why isn't Haslam doing a protest about something worthwhile to actually help people? (Oh, cause that might not get in the papers) but ruining Morrissey fans/Morrissey's evening will)

Morrissey has become the pantomime villan in this country. They even mock his eating habits, they reported he had "an extreme diet" (the full article mentioned that he loved beans, mashed potato & pasta...how is that extreme?)

I'm glad that 'Real' Morrissey fans (who don't act like sheep) understand what Morrissey's intentions were (but maybe didn't say them in the right way) when trying to talk about free speech & the cruelty of halal slaughter.

I don't agree with everything For Britain & Tommy Robinson have said/done (just as Morrissey doesn't) but they are the only ones speaking up about important concerns about child rape & murder, halal slaughter, grooming gangs (that is an epidemic in a lot of northern towns), forced marriage of kids as young as 9. We need to talk about these things but people are scared. It doesn't make us racist! I'm half spanish, my godmother is jamaican & my partner is half indian. People are just concerned as is Morrissey.

Last edited:
I had to look this "Haslam" character up & apparently he was a bit famous in the 80's/early 90's as a DJ at the Hacienda in Manchester. Since then, wrote some books & articles for newspapers (inc the guardian, what a coincidence) but basically a nobody with his best days behind him.

I read Haslam's tweets last night and he was gloating that the gigs had been and he made cancelled sure he mentioned "Right wing" and "Tommy Robinson" when talking about Morrissey and Morrissey fans so that he painted us all as a bunch of racists to make himself look good and get more of the publicity he's so thirsty for.

Why isn't Haslam doing a protest about something worthwhile to actually help people? (Oh, cause that might not get in the papers) but ruining Morrissey fans/Morrissey's evening will)

Morrissey has become the pantomime villan in this country. They even mock his eating habits, they reported he had "an extreme diet" (the full article mentioned that he loved beans, mashed potato & pasta...how is that extreme?)

I'm glad that 'Real' Morrissey fans (who don't act like sheep) understand what Morrissey's intentions were (but maybe didn't say them in the right way) when trying to talk about free speech & the cruelty of halal slaughter.
Another one playing the man, not the ball. And your last words give the game away. As I posted elsewhere just now - saying Morrissey likes Tommy Robinson and For Britain for their animal policies is like saying folk join the KKK for their comfortable attire.

And finally, the only person who has ruined fan's evenings is the man himself, who, by spouting right-wing bollocks, turned away thousands of fans, forcing him to cancel the shows. There's one person and one person only responsible.

The facts are, a number of us knew about the cancellations on Thursday, and posted here.

So Morrissey’s management, rather than let people know, decided to post THAT statement rather than tell people the truth.

Add Falcon Crest and I am proposing on one knee.
Falcon Crest and Knots Landing are the only two left and my nighttime soap opera mission will be complete. I met Nicolette Sheridan some years ago and what a saucy biatch she turned out to be! That woman would flirt with a lamppost, but I liked it anyways.

Another one playing the man, not the ball. And your last words give the game away. As I posted elsewhere just now - saying Morrissey likes Tommy Robinson and For Britain for their animal policies is like saying folk join the KKK for their comfortable attire.

At least you can reuse the KKK hat as tea-cosy or traffic cone. Whereas Tommies and Ann-Maries only serve once, as poor publicity for past-it popstarz.

I think I heard Morrissey humasplain once that KKK stands for :hearteyecat: Kute Kamp Kittens :hearteyecat:.
One clever, subtle managing push from Peter Katnip, and he could join them and make a triumphant comeback in dark-skinned countries!!! :highfive:

I read Haslam's tweets last night and he was gloating that the gigs had been cancelled and he made sure he mentioned "Right wing" and "Tommy Robinson" when talking about Morrissey and Morrissey fans so that he painted us all as a bunch of racists to make himself look good and get more of the publicity he's so thirsty for.

I don't agree with everything For Britain & Tommy Robinson have said/done (just as Morrissey doesn't) but they are the only ones speaking up about important concerns about child rape & murder, halal slaughter, grooming gangs (that is an epidemic in a lot of northern towns), forced marriage of kids as young as 9. We need to talk about these things but people are scared. It doesn't make us racist! I'm half spanish, my godmother is jamaican & my partner is half indian. People are just concerned as is Morrissey.

I'm not racist, I've got black friends.

At least you can reuse the KKK hat as tea-cosy or traffic cone. Whereas Tommies and Ann-Maries only serve once, as poor publicity for past-it popstarz.

I think I heard Morrissey humasplain once that KKK stands for :hearteyecat: Kute Kamp Kittens :hearteyecat:.
One clever, subtle managing push from Peter Katnip, and he could join them and make a triumphant comeback in dark-skinned countries!!! :highfive:

:rolleyes:

You are playing the FUHRER not the ball.:crazy:

Falcon Crest and Knots Landing are the only two left and my nighttime soap opera mission will be complete. I met Nicolette Sheridan some years ago and what a saucy biatch she turned out to be! That woman would flirt with a lamppost, but I liked it anyways.
The marriage proposal is withdrawn and I drawn the line at Knots Landing.

LOL

Starstruck much?

1. Brava MorrisseyGal

2. No one cares what Mr DJ says or thinks. For a brief smidgen of time, prior to the drug-crazed-infusion into the (mostly) house-music venues in Manchester - along with the gangs and the guns that are well-documented elsewhere - he worked as a writer-of-sorts. The only UK based music-writers of any pedigree - AT ALL - living these days are Mr Paul Morley and Mr M.V.P Bracewell. Now these two have brains. And they use them before they speak.

3. "My Pussy Tastes Like Pepsi Cola" does not mean that it does.

Hazard
x

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom