The Guardian review by Laura Snapes - IANADOAC 2/5

UPDATE Mar. 20:

Link to online version posted by Radis Noir:

FGzvZfN.jpg

I'd say that's pretty generous, bearing in mind "f*** The Guardian"

Last edited by a moderator:
Cohen and paedo Bowie’s late triumphs were pretty much deathbed stuff so we are a way off aren’t we.

Nicely written gobbet. í am a sucker for a 'skittish harpsichord'. No less for some 'superannuated lamentation'.

í believe Ms Snapes is one of the Spartan 300 that 'anonymously' signed the 'Suzanne Moore Letter'. Shoulder to shoulder with Timothy Jonze & Alex Needham, the ex-NME urchins. Needham now the Arts Editor of the paper. From NME to Top Gear magazine to the Guardian Arts hole. The world of modern letters...

í would say that, currently, The Guardian is doing an impressive job of f***ing itself.

Yeah. Laura reviewed what she thinks she knows about the man, not the album, which is a loathsome trait in a critic.

And she is one the backstabbers who signed a letter against Suzanne Moore hoping her name would never be public.

Ironically her interpretation of The Truth About Ruth as gender subterfuge, is transphobic.

Pretty much everyone thinks f*** The Guardian these days.

Cohen and paedo Bowie’s late triumphs were pretty much deathbed stuff so we are a way off aren’t we.
That’s true. Morrissey only lies about dying. “I have cancer, well I really have!” Sure, old man. Morrissey’s new album is awful and so is the man. He was great up until 1992 and then OK for maybe a couple more years and terrible ever since. Look at his heroes standing side by side: Bowie, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, Sparks, New York Dolls... and there’s Morrissey, sitting on a pile of Skrewdrivers.

Too kind a review, Guardian. Too kind.

If The Guardian was the liberal paper it claims to be, wearing a f*** The Guardian t-shirt wouldn't affect a review. So, not generous, vindictive & a betrayal of its values. If it still had values.

If The Guardian was the liberal paper it claims to be, wearing a f*** The Guardian t-shirt wouldn't affect a review. So, not generous, vindictive & a betrayal of its values. If it still had values.
There's no evidence that the t-shirt did affect this review. So what's your point? That if The Guardian publishes an opinion with which you disagree, your recourse is to accuse of betraying its values? Did you think that one through at all?

From Kath Viner's letter to Guardian readers today:

"We know that you find the wild conspiracies of social media and noisy TV pundits off-putting and confusing; instead, the Guardian brings you the facts you can trust."

Bloody hell, Guardian. Yes, sometimes you do some really important news reporting. But you know very well you're just as guilty as any other media outlet when it comes to noisy pundits and opinionated bollocks.

So, Morrissey is allowed to bear a grudge, but no one else is? Yeah, that sounds as fair as he normally is. The review doesn’t once mention his XXXL size t-shirt, so that’s just a guess on your part. I’d say you’re being vindictive.

So, Morrissey is allowed to bear a grudge, but no one else is? Yeah, that sounds as fair as he normally is. The review doesn’t once mention his XXXL size t-shirt, so that’s just a guess on your part. I’d say you’re being vindictive.

I was referring to Uncle Skinny's claim that it was a generous review in light of the f*** The Guardian t-shirt.

And - no - The Guardian shouldn't be putting grudges in its paper, unless it's a feature about their grudges. It's not what they're supposed to stand for.

I was referring to Uncle Skinny's claim that it was a generous review in light of the f*** The Guardian t-shirt.

And - no - The Guardian shouldn't be putting grudges in its paper, unless it's a feature about their grudges. It's not what they're supposed to stand for.
Firstly, they haven’t. Secondly, so I’m right? Morrissey can bear grudges, but others cant? Ha ha ha!!! Morrissey fans are hilarious.

Firstly, they haven’t. Secondly, so I’m right? Morrissey can bear grudges, but others cant? Ha ha ha!!! Morrissey fans are hilarious.

Firstly - you should tell Uncle Skinny that because he's the one who linked the t-shirt to the review.

& it might be an alien concept to you, but jobs have remits. So - it's not 'others' can't bear grudges - it's that it shouldn't affect their work if that's not what their work does.

Morrissey haters don't seem to understand things like that.

That’s true. Morrissey only lies about dying. “I have cancer, well I really have!” Sure, old man. Morrissey’s new album is awful and so is the man. He was great up until 1992 and then OK for maybe a couple more years and terrible ever since. Look at his heroes standing side by side: Bowie, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, Sparks, New York Dolls... and there’s Morrissey, sitting on a pile of Skrewdrivers.

Too kind a review, Guardian. Too kind.
Prick

Firstly - you should tell Uncle Skinny that because he's the one who linked the t-shirt to the review.

& it might be an alien concept to you, but jobs have remits. So - it's not 'others' can't bear grudges - it's that it shouldn't affect their work if that's not what their work does.

Morrissey haters don't seem to understand things like that.
And you’re the one clinging on to what Uncle Skinny said, even though it has no value in this piece. That’s just a fact.

Morrissey slaves don’t seem to understand things like that.

:headmassage:
insane troll chick, living in the mommy basement and feeding on pizza pops.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom