The Jewish Chronicle - Critics attack Israel in Morrissey album reviews

You have to be fair to 'Himself' here because I cannot hear much that is political in either song (The Girl and Israel). And hasn't he made the distinction between the people and government (which is exactly the distinction the left always highlight)?
It's a shame he can't express his obvious affection for the country without being such a tool.
Radiohead, incidentally, has recently refused the boycott and is playing Tel Aviv I think.
Look at me making the first post on a thread.

You have to be fair to 'Himself' here because I cannot hear much that is political in either song (The Girl and Israel). And hasn't he made the distinction between the people and government (which is exactly the distinction the left always highlight)?
It's a shame he can't express his obvious affection for the country without being such a tool.
Radiohead, incidentally, has recently refused the boycott and is playing Tel Aviv I think.

Good points Peterb!
But, I hope not to disappoint you, in the good old book it says: “The first ones will be the last and the last ones will be the first. Or something to that extent.

Justice exists, in the afterlife of course!
Maybe in the next world? :rolleyes:

Good points Peterb!
But, I hope not to disappoint you, in the good old book it says: “The first ones will be the last and the last ones will be the first. Or something to that extent.

If you go before me, when you get there, could you report back? I'd hate for all of my piety to go to waste if the next world is shit.

Good points Peterb!

Hey QQQ,
Don't worry. Not disappointed. My star will fade but I'll always have the memory.

If you go before me, when you get there, could you report back? I'd hate for all of my piety to go to waste if the next world is shit.

If I can, I will.
But ultimately, I don’t think it is possible.
There will be nothing more than ashes and even that will vanish quite soon into the air.

In a way, it feels like a comfort to me.
It is not making me sad.

It is more like someone said:”We have all limited time. So what the hell are we going to do with the rest of it? And. How much time do we have?

Are we going to do what we really want, or squander and waste?
What a delightful thought, the latter I mean.

Hey QQQ,
Don't worry. Not disappointed. My star will fade but I'll always have the memory.

Yes.
And others will have the memory of you, of course.

At the moment I am just thinking about things like hertiage, place and name in history and what it actually can mean in present and future times of human expression as in art and music.

If you even try to imagine how much of it is actually, it boggles the mind.

I mean great artists, writers and musicians in their time were so meaningful and relevant to so many people but are now long forgotten and lost.

Until someone gets really inspired and succeeds at bringing them again to the attention of a bigger audience.

In my mind, to me, Morrissey is a living legend.

Yes.

At the moment I am just thinking about things like hertiage, place and name in history and what it actually can mean in present and future times of human expression as in art and music.

I mean great artists, writers and musicians in their time were so meaningful and relevant to so many people but are now long forgotten and lost.

Until someone gets really inspired and succeeds at bringing them again to the attention of a bigger audience.

Deep thoughts QQQ.
I'm afraid I was thinking about shoes.

Deep thoughts QQQ.
I'm afraid I was thinking about shoes.

You are touching now on the only minor criticism I do have about “Low In High-School”.
It doesn’t contain a song about shoes.
Maybe there will be a b-side?

The blue pyjamas in Jacky were funny though, don’t you think?

Nick Cave too. He didn't think it fair to deprive ordinary decent people from music.
But didn't Moz do exactly that when he refused to play Canada because of the seal killing years ago?

Nick Cave too. He didn't think it fair to deprive ordinary decent people from music.
But didn't Moz do exactly that when he refused to play Canada because of the seal killing years ago?
Well, er yes but no, say wait a minute, oh I've got it.
Yes but that's because he's a huge tit.

Hullo Im back.
Im back to read bummie and benny who are grounded on the earth. I was away at the gay disco dancers convention, but after a six months stay im back at the old folks home. there was too much grime here and
it made me o so very very unhappy. is ket still here pushing moz forward? his cement block music? o dear o dear, how mahvelous......grab a candle and hold it high. soon brummie and benny will do a fact check and blow it out. hullo
brummie and benny... i have my gucci bermuda shorts on!!

Yes.

And isn't that the important thing too. To have a hero. Someone you like. Someone you want to see in concert. Someone who makes you excited when you hear they're going to release a new album. Roll on Feb 20th Moz concert . In the meantime my mates and I will enjoy many an ale discussing Moz and music in general. Because it is important to have something to look forward to. I feel bad for the haters who are negative about everything. But not too bad :D

Last edited:

I'm afraid this beautiful song & extraordinary vocal performance are 'problematic' on so many levels that it's sadly unlistenable. It's all about context and precedent.

Others have noted Morrissey equates the people of Canada with their goverment's laws regarding seal torture/slaughter.

Morrissey quite clearly failed to distinguish between the ordinary citizens of China and their government's failure to act to end the appalling suffering of so many sentient animals. Further he lashed out in a simplistic and racist claim that in relation to 'animal rights' China can be totalised and slandered as a 'sub-species'. Nothing that happens in China doesn't happen all over the world once one discards the blatant sentimentality of those who would protect dogs and cats but wear wool, eat cheese....erm....Morrissey....

However, the real horror of this closing song is that it is on a collection which includes 'I Bury The Living', a grotesque slander of armed forces worldwide, yet he absolves Israel's population of responsibility for their elected government's military campaigns. Can you see the problem? Why are the people of China and Canada responsible but those of Israel exempt from his entirely fake moral outrage? His logic is ridiculous but that's not the point of this song. He exhibits no understanding of Israel whatsoever beyond a surface patina of fatuous enticement with Tel Aviv's swinging Queer Culture. He is ethically incoherent on Israel as he is on every other topic his ravaged mind alights upon.

He has no interest in Israel other than using it as just another missile in his Nuclear Troll War against the media to shift album sales and concert tickets. Amusingly, it's all blown up in his face...karma is a bitch...

f*** Morrissey

NB: I support the right of the State of Israel to exist & I support all Israeli citizens who support a 2 State road-map to peace with their neighbouring nation-states. I oppose militant Zionism as an expansionary ideology but fully accept the need for Israel to defend itself against militant Islamism, but that doesn't mean I excuse or ignore the appalling excesses and atrocities meted out to Palestinians who are struggling under severe repression.

Shalom. Salaam. Pax Vobiscum

best
BB

ps: this post was thought-channeled via the ouija board by a former iteration of BrummieBoy who is no longer on this planet.

robot netanyahu.jpg

Why Israel has the most technologically advanced military on Earth

https://nypost.com/2017/01/29/why-israel-has-the-most-technologically-advanced-military-on-earth/

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom