The Killers’ Brandon Flowers on Morrissey: “He’s still a king” - NME

Amen.

The Killers’ Brandon Flowers on Morrissey: “He’s still a king” - NME

Excerpt:

Brandon Flowers of The Killers has revealed a few of his favourite artists, or “kings” as likes to refer to them.

“Brandon has many kings,” Killers drummer, Ronnie Vannucci told NME right before their Glastonbury Pyramid Stage headline set.

“Yeah, I have about fifteen kings. Liam [Gallagher] is one of them.”

Listing other stars he admires, Brandon went on to namecheck “Don Henley, Peter Gabriel, Morrissey would be a king, Bono would be a king, Springsteen would be a king.”

Asking about Morrissey‘s problematic politics, Flowers replied: “He’s still a king. He’s unparalleled in what he’s achieved and his prowess and his lyrics and his sense of melody, it’s just incredible. I forgot he was in hot water though, so I shouldn’t have brought him up.”

Now all we are waiting for is Johnny to stand up and defend Moz ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
killersmoz.jpg

No. He’s more a queen. Drama queen, to be exact.
Morrissey will always be in a league of his own.
I wonder if flowers has any female artists on his list or a separate list of Queens. Funny the use of words, Queen is denigrated to mean something lesser than king.

Never happen.

The next time Johnny Marr and Morrissey will be in the same room won’t be far off. It’ll be a proper man paying his respects. ...and Morrissey will be in a casket.

Best case scenario for the legacy.

You were one, you meant to be one
And you slipped right through my fingers
No not literally but...metaphorically
And now you're all I see
As the light fades

Never happen.

The next time Johnny Marr and Morrissey will be in the same room won’t be far off. It’ll be a proper man paying his respects. ...and Morrissey will be in a casket.

Wishing ill or well to others comes back to the sender tenfold. Its a universal law, Drama King. Morrissey will have a long, happy and prolific life.
Success is always the best revenge and hurts noone.
Wish him well and move on, for your own sake.

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on that. Morrissey and Marr have always kept the door ajar for each other, even when denigrating the rest of the band.

Johnny Marr is one of a kind and he's a brilliant, gifted musician - but he has never worked with anyone who comes CLOSE to Morrissey in the writing/singing/stage presence/ frontman stakes. Some of his work, particularly with the Cribs, just highlights that even more. For him to drag Barney or Matt Johnson up on stage but then 'write off' the man whose ghost follows him like a shadow, that would be mad. And he knows it, which is why he isn't lining up to shit on La Moz even though he has plenty of ammo and the opportunity is there.

Well of course he doesn't write him off, and he never will.
But what he should do, like Joyce and Rourke and Flowers here, is speak out publicly in support, in these troubled times for Moz.
Then the chance of him sharing a stage with La Moz again would increase a great, great deal.

As far as politics go i stand with Morrissey on nationalism. I am against mass immigration and demographic replacement
As far as anything goes, you stand with Morrissey. Because you genuinely don’t have a personality of your own. You come on here every day of your life just to pretend you actually are Morrissey. Just long winded crap about immigration while you’re covered in biscuit crumbs and tears while sat in your mobility scooter in your pants and balding quiff.

As far as anything goes, you stand with Morrissey. Because you genuinely don’t have a personality of your own. You come on here every day of your life just to pretend you actually are Morrissey. Just long winded crap about immigration while you’re covered in biscuit crumbs and tears while sat in your mobility scooter in your pants and balding quiff.
Boring

Never happen.

i put my bet on :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: being the one to kick the bucket, with all the tats, wig transplants, lipo and botox, something is bound to give. poor twat. he already is having trouble playing simple intros.:family:

Lay off the sodomy and soy and maybe you can say something rational for once you loser

You’ve got horrible teeth, cuisine, fashion, politics, manners and wine, save for the influx of foreign influence and you want to talk to me about Nationalism.

Clownism is what it’s called, kiddo.

You wanna run with the wolves, go piss with the puppies first, ya wee daft c***.

If England is so bad then why is every low IQ third world foreigner trying to get in there and flee their own shithole countries

As i suspected you have zero argument against nationalism

If England is so bad then why is every low IQ third world foreigner trying to get in there and flee their own shithole countries

As i suspected you have zero argument against nationalism

errr... because they have low iq? and dont realise they are leaving oneshitole for another. and high iq once know not to come here.

Morrissey started the hate train, a LONG time ago. It’s his to stop. Human brings ARE animals. Many species eat each other.

Not one of you is worthy of my BBQ.
Bonobos have a genuine rape culture. Males rape females to gain power. Since other animals do it, does that make it okay for us to rape?

The difference with American Morrissey supporters is that they don't have a clue about out politics here. I guess Brandon Flowers would be OK with any artists supporting Donald Trump as well and he could go to sleep happily knowing anyone he knows is supporting the KKK.

The difference with American Morrissey supporters is that they don't have a clue about out politics here. I guess Brandon Flowers would be OK with any artists supporting Donald Trump as well and he could go to sleep happily knowing anyone he knows is supporting the KKK.

The KKK? what does Trump or this thread at all have to do with the kkk?

A Morrissey fan is against sodomy. Well, that’s one thing you two don’t have in common.
I really think that there was some kind of notice posted at some alt-white site calling on people to post here. It's like they have never heard Morrissey in their lives. All they know is that he's against immigration.

:rolleyes:

wtf does trump or this thread have to do with the KKK?
have you been dunking your pizza pops in gin?o_O

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom