The Long-Distance Phone Call thread

Franzanna

In retirement
I phoned someone today, who lives in another EU country (Ireland), mobile to mobile. I talked to him for 2 minutes 33 seconds, and the bill came to... £4.85. I worked out that as being 2.5p per second. Who can beat me? :p

me and a friend were drunk one night and called a sex line and just asked stupid questions to see if it would annoy the operator.the stupid joke cost about 125 dollars.:rolleyes:

me and a friend were drunk one night and called a sex line and just asked stupid questions to see if it would annoy the operator.the stupid joke cost about 125 dollars.:rolleyes:

A "sex line", haha :rolleyes: That was the last time I gave my phone number to anyone from this site :mad:

When I was eleven on a school trip in France I lost my purse (temporarily, it turned out to be in a pocket of something I hadn't been wearing :o, anyway I digress) so had to use reverse charge on the payphone, I phoned home a lot because I wasn't having the best time and when I got home the bill was about £32, that was probably over about three days :eek:

You're not playing right. :p About how long were you on the phone? Then you have to divide the time in seconds by 12500 (The price in cents) to do the price per second. :)

You're not playing right. :p About how long were you on the phone? Then you have to divide the time in seconds by 12500 (The price in cents) to do the price per second. :)

aww man, i just woke up, i do not want to do the math!:p
it was 5.99 a minute, i recall that.

and i am quite serious.:o:p

I phoned someone today, who lives in another EU country (Ireland), mobile to mobile. I talked to him for 2 minutes 33 seconds, and the bill came to... £4.85. I worked out that as being 2.5p per second. Who can beat me? :p

Yay, that was me, wasn't it?:D

Or was it some other Irish person?:mad:

How many Irish people do you think I know? :p

You're worth each and every one of my mother's pennies, dear. :D

I dunno, we're not an endangered species, you know!:D

Of course I am! Did you ever get that bus?

I dunno, we're not an endangered species, you know!:D

Of course I am! Did you ever get that bus?

I don't know very many, certainly none other than you on my phone. I could probably list them and there'd be under 10.

I did get the bus, thank you. It was a bit late, stupid thing!

I don't know very many, certainly none other than you on my phone. I could probably list them and there'd be under 10.

I did get the bus, thank you. It was a bit late, stupid thing!

As was mine! I bloody love BLUR now!!!:D

Back
Top Bottom