Morrissey Central "THE NEXT DAY" (February 26, 2021)

0-7_wqtgbe.jpg
0-8_j9babz.jpg

:rolleyes:
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:

maybe one of Sam’s favorites?

Ket. I feel like Sam has never listened to a single Bowie song in his life. And they've used "That's Entertainment" about 11 times by now...

Ket. I feel like Sam has never listened to a single Bowie song in his life. And they've used "That's Entertainment" about 11 times by now...
(That's not true, but it certainly feels that way.)

I’m just thinking it another missed opportunity, he could have decided on a better B-side choice.
I don't really mind the b-side. If there had been proper communication regarding the details it would have been an okay choice as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still upset we never got to hear his version of Rainbow Valley though. 😡
It's all I needed during those first 173 months of lockdown.

I don't really mind the b-side. If there had been proper communication regarding the details it would have been an okay choice as far as I'm concerned.

Was hoping that Entertainment would have been a very different version. But, that’s what I mean, to hear something we haven’t yet, since this single seems to be aimed more at his fans, well, that’s how I see it.

Was hoping that Entertainment would have been a very different version. But, that’s what I mean, to hear something we haven’t yet, since this single seems to be aimed more at his fans, well, that’s how I see it.

To me the biggest "gift", if you want to call it that, was the video tbh. That was a sweet surprise.
It's nice to have the vinyl, but it's not a great recording to listen to. I've given the b-side a couple of spins and reasonably enjoyed it.

As much as I want to hear Rainbow Valley, I don't think I would have been able to stomach a 2018/19 cover as a b-side to a 1991 live recording. But that's just me...

To me the biggest "gift", if you want to call it that, was the video tbh. That was a sweet surprise.
It's nice to have the vinyl, but it's not a great recording to listen to. I've given the b-side a couple of spins and reasonably enjoyed it.

As much as I want to hear Rainbow Valley, I don't think I would have been able to stomach a 2018/19 cover as a b-side to a 1991 live recording. But that's just me...

How about the Bobby remix ? :p

Seriously though, I agree with you about him surprising us with that duet clip, that was/is something very special.

More of that please.

How about the Bobby remix ? :p

Seriously though, I agree with you about him surprising us with that duet clip, that was/is something very special.

More of that please.

Bobby remix was interesting but not my ☕🫖

How do you think that came about? Family connections? Do you think Moz has even heard it? :lbf:

The best Central posts (besides the Bowie clip) from last year were those including random stories by Moz like the Mavis Nicholson one and personal photo album reveals like the one with Tina.

Imagine the Mavis Nicholson interview leaking...

iv been rainbow valleys biggest advocate on here,it will appear at some point,M obviously loves it or he wouldnt have chosen it to cover.i still listen to the original regularly.

why did they superimpose the bruce lee t-shirt,what was he originally wearing.

why did they superimpose the bruce lee t-shirt,what was he originally wearing.
It's Bowie and McCartney in the original photo.
Morrissey's head & the Bruce shirt are additions.
Regards,
FWD

Seen one seen em all

Bobby remix was interesting but not my ☕🫖

How do you think that came about? Family connections? Do you think Moz has even heard it? :lbf:

I don’t know if he heard it, I think at this point he doesn’t care enough to
care about it, maybe he thinks well, this is what some people may want? don’t know. For me, a fun harmless curio, easily forgotten.

The best Central posts (besides the Bowie clip) from last year were those including random stories by Moz like the Mavis Nicholson one and personal photo album reveals like the one with Tina.

Imagine the Mavis Nicholson interview leaking...

I think that lost interview with Mavis might have been 87 - 89?
He seems to have been more publicly popular by that point, though what I really mean is,
I can’t imagine that the interview would have taken place at a later date because he says that at the time ..’I didn't think I was ready for such an important interview … I didn't think I was "me" yet,’ So maybe this means he was still searching for his true-self
whatever that would mean to him, or maybe he still felt that he didn’t have a strong enough identity as something separate from The Smiths as far as being a solo artist.

I don’t know if he heard it, I think at this point he doesn’t care enough to
care about
it, maybe he thinks well, this is what some people may want? don’t know. For me, a fun harmless curio, easily forgotten.
I don't know about that. Sometimes I think that too but maybe he just thought "why not?" and let them do it. I don't think it was his idea, but he might have liked it, for whatever reason. There's no harm in it either way...

I think that lost interview with Mavis might have been 87 - 89?
He seems to have been more publicly popular by that point, though what I really mean is,
I can’t imagine that the interview would have taken place at a later date because he says that at the time ..’I didn't think I was ready for such an important interview … I didn't think I was "me" yet,’ So maybe this means he was still searching for his true-self
whatever that would mean to him, or maybe he still felt that he didn’t have a strong enough identity as something separate from The Smiths as far as being a solo artist.

I think that 'process' of finding himself wasn't 'finished' (if you can call it that) until 1991/92 and my guess for the interview is 89/90.
Although there were probably several points later in his life when he found himself anew.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom