Morrissey Central "THE NEXT DAY" (February 26, 2021)

0-7_wqtgbe.jpg
0-8_j9babz.jpg

:rolleyes:
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
He will be remembered and be a source of inspiration for a type of songwriter for generations to come.

He will be remembered for his lyric, his voice, his art and his very unique being and those things will be a source of inspiration and comfort for a certain type of artist and music fan for generations to come.

Yes I agree with that but I don't agree that he will be remembered as well as Bowie and McCartney will be.

The big difference between the 60's/70' and now is that people have far more access to information about an artist today. Back then it was, in the main about the music with bit of scandal appearing in the newspapers, however the public were also far more forgiving back then. Unfortunately for Morrissey, there's a section on his wiki page about Race and Anne Marie Walters and that will taint what would have been a great legacy.

We don’t know how the future will
view present day accusations. And we don’t know what kind of views they will hold.

Wiki may not exist, but his art will.

And it is his art that tells a different
story.

Just ... listen.

:tiphat:

view present day accusations. And we don’t know what kind of views they will hold.

story.

Just ... listen.

His art will to some of people, for example my youngest is a huge fan of his later material but artists like Bowie and McCartneys music will always appeal to the masses as the songs will always get loads of airplay and I think that's why we can't say Morrissey is in the same league as them as his material won't.

Yes I agree with that but I don't agree that he will be remembered as well as Bowie and McCartney will be.

What do you mean ‘remembered as well’ ?

Guess that depends on who’s doing the remembering.

:lbf:

His art will to some of people, for example my youngest is a huge fan of his later material but artists like Bowie and McCartneys music will always appeal to the masses as the songs will always get loads of airplay and I think that's why we can't say Morrissey is in the same league as them as his material won't.

But because Morrissey is an outsider and doesn’t have mass appeal that doesn’t make him any less important.

And it’s because of his unique artistic vision and his refusal to play the game that puts him in a league of his own.

story.

Just ... listen.

What’s this “we” nonsense, K-hole? “We” all know that you’re head is firmly planted up
Melvis’ arse - and there’s not enough room for everyone up there - so kindly speak for yourself and yourself alone.

Im talking about future generations as we will all be dust, of course while we are alive we will remember him.

As long as there is a way to listen to recorded music, and most likely there will be a type that needs what he has to offer, and so, they will do the remembering.

What’s this “we” nonsense, K-hole? “We” all know that you’re head is firmly planted up
Melvis’ arse - and there’s not enough room for everyone up there - so kindly speak for yourself and yourself alone.
Ok Melvis :rolleyes:

But because Morrissey is an outsider and doesn’t have mass appeal that doesn’t make him any less important.

And it’s because of his unique artistic vision and his refusal to play the game that puts him in a league of his own.

If people don’t get to hear his art, how will future generations hear about him. You won’t agree with this but New Order will be acknowledged in the future due to Blue Monday, being such a unique piece of music which 38 years after its release has just spent 20 plus weeks on the vinyl chart and to this day is the biggest selling 12 inch single of all time on the UK.

Last edited:
If people don’t get to hear his art, how will future generations hear about him. You won’t agree with this but New Order will be acknowledged in the future due to Blue Monday, being such a unique piece of music which 38 years after its release has just spent 20 plus weeks on the vinyl chart and to this day of the biggest selling 12 inch single of all time on the UK.
As a matter of fact, I'm not even too sure if Oasis' -or in general Britpop's - legacy won't be stronger than Morrissey's solo. It's not what I wish of course, just a feeling.

If people don’t get to hear his art, how will future generations hear about him.

Why do you think it will be a problem for future generations to search him out and then know his music? He’s not that obscure.

You won’t agree with this but New Order will be acknowledged in the future due to Blue Monday, being such a unique piece of music which 38 years after its release has just spent 20 plus weeks on the vinyl chart and to this day of the biggest selling 12 inch single of all time on the UK.

Don’t know why you would think
that I wouldn’t agree with that.

I mean, if humans in the future still have bodys so they can dance, then New Order may have a chance of being remembered.

Unlike every other artists you’ve touched on, Morrissey has never written a song in his life.
Morrissey's vocal delivery defines his songs, and in many ways he is as important to the song as the songwriter who wrote the notes. His vocal melody is the heart of the song. He is much more than a lyricist/singer. Moz reshapes the clay of the song and elevates it to a new level. His contributions to the process of making a record are transformative. Look at the songs written by Marr post Smiths (or Butler post Suede) and you can see the marked difference.

league?

In regards to popularity, one can also say that Morrissey is not in the same ‘league’ as a Lady GaGa or whoever is the modern day equivalent, though, where ‘stars’ like these will not stand the test of time, artists like Morrissey, McCartney and Bowie will.
At least Moz can have his dogs walked without getting shot.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom