The Official Russell Brand thread

I agree. I think it's the thing that stops me getting a crush on him... 'cuz he is cute. Still, if I ever got to meet him I'd so encourage him to honk my enormous boobs. :D
and he would love you forever :D

yes, just heard him too.
listen live here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

they are just too funny together :D

Russell onstage, according to Morrissey:

18936_2.jpg

Russell just said Morrissey is going to be on his radio show today!
On BBC Radio 2

x

I just listened to it. My GOD! Morrissey lurves Russell. Did you hear him say, "I love you, Russell", at the end? And he's in such a good mood... and so... so... FUN!

This freaks me out. I've never experienced Morrissey interacting with someone he's liked so much before. It's really charming.

I just listened to it. My GOD! Morrissey lurves Russell. Did you hear him say, "I love you, Russell", at the end? And he's in such a good mood... and so... so... FUN!

This freaks me out. I've never experienced Morrissey interacting with someone he's liked so much before. It's really charming.

It was particularly fantastic that he forced poor mortified Russell to sing. :D I was literally ROTFLMAO.

And for some reason I thought it was cute that he said he couldn't get the listen again function to work b/c he's a bit computer illiterate.

It was particularly fantastic that he forced poor mortified Russell to sing. :D I was literally ROTFLMAO.

And for some reason I thought it was cute that he said he couldn't get the listen again function to work b/c he's a bit computer illiterate.

I'm listening to it a 2nd time right now... and omg, it's even better. I'm falling for him all over again. Such a cutiepie.

They're both dearies.

How are you, btw? Haven't talked to you in a while. :)

I'm listening to it a 2nd time right now... and omg, it's even better. I'm falling for him all over again. Such a cutiepie.

They're both dearies.

How are you, btw? Haven't talked to you in a while. :)

I'm holding off on listening a 2nd time, b/c it was almost too much the first time. ;) The two of them being silly and ripping on each other has made my face permanently like this --> :D

Oh and Russell's mom.... I was silently thanking Morrissey for asking her the very question I want to ask her: does she get embarrassed listening to her son's dirty jokes? :o

I'm doing well these days. Can't complain. Thank you for asking. :) How are you?

I'm holding off on listening a 2nd time, b/c it was almost too much the first time. ;) The two of them being silly and ripping on each other has made my face permanently like this --> :D

Oh and Russell's mom.... I was silently thanking Morrissey for asking her the very question I want to ask her: does she get embarrassed listening to her son's dirty jokes? :o

I'm doing well these days. Can't complain. Thank you for asking. :) How are you?

I can not wait to listen to this, I was reading everyones comments at work and my friend was texting me like mad, I was going NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! why do I have to be at work, I want to be involved with this.. :D

Oh of course, I totally agree, that's not what i'm saying. if other girls want to sleep with him and they want to sleep with them, good luck to them. He is honest, girls do know what he's about, so fair play.
Personally, I wouldn't. But I don't like having one night stands. Sorry, Russ. :D
haha! Yes, I know that's not what you were saying. :) personal choice i guess!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-04-15-russell-brand_N.htm

'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' star Russell Brand leaves a mark
brandx-large.jpg

By Lael Loewenstein, Special for USA TODAY
LOS ANGELES — Most people wouldn't show up for an audition, admit they hadn't read the script — and then land their first role in a major motion picture.
Russell Brand is not like most people.
At a casting session for Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which opens Friday, the British comedian, 32, confessed that he'd only managed to take a "cursory glance" at the screenplay. Then he added with a flourish, "Would you mind telling me what it's all about?"
Instead of showing him the exit, actor/writer Jason Segel and director Nicholas Stoller were so intrigued by Brand's combination of honesty and bravado — not to mention his outlandish appearance — that they urged him to improvise.
Never mind that Brand, known for rocker threads, gravity-defying hair and a loosely androgynous persona, was nothing like the bookish character Segel and Stoller had envisioned as the film's romantic rival. For the man who lures comely Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell) from her longtime boyfriend (Segel), they'd been thinking "more along the lines of a Hugh Grant type," recalls producer Judd Apatow.

Stoller at first thought the casting director was playing a practical joke. "But Russell was so persuasive, so funny and so real," he says, "that we decided we had to rewrite the character as a rock star."
As Aldous Snow, Brand mixes a rocker's charisma, a bad boy's sexual magnetism and the comedian's own quirky charm into a tempting cocktail. Critics and preview audiences are abuzz over Brand's scene-stealing performance. The latest in a line of Apatow-shepherded comedies to fuse adolescent male humor with emotional warmth (The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up), Sarah Marshall looks to be Brand's ticket to international stardom.
Though he enjoys massive popularity in the U.K., he's relatively unknown in the USA, something he freely mines in his standup performances: "What's the point," he muses, lamenting his anonymity in America, "of having such preposterous hair with no fame to back it up?"
Preposterous or not, Brand's hair has become as distinctive as his personality, which he's quick to distinguish from that of his on-screen alter ego. Unlike the relatively plainspoken Snow, Brand demonstrates verbal dexterity and an agile mind, both on stage and in person.
And over a vegetarian lunch at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont, Brand is sweet and unfailingly polite, not at all like his aloof and self-important movie character.
In person, in fact, Brand is a slightly dialed-down version of his standup persona, which might best be described as manic existentialist. A question about romance, for example, can unleash an elaborate response that references Nietzsche, Depeche Mode, the Bible and The Matrix. A query about balancing humility and narcissism might provoke ruminations on consumerism, quantum physics and Nelson Mandela's human rights struggle.
Like his comedy idols Richard Pryor and Lenny Bruce, Brand freely confesses his own weaknesses, openly using his personal travails for comic fodder in his standup routine.
A recovering addict, he'll delve into rapid-fire, stream-of-consciousness stories about his days smuggling heroin. As for questions about his own sexuality, Brand identifies himself as resolutely straight — the tight leather pants, he says, make him less off-putting to men.
Brand admits to having supplanted his drug and alcohol dependency with a seemingly insatiable quest for success. Asked if he can imagine attaining the same stature as pop culture icons (and former Chateau Marmont denizens) Jim Morrison, James Dean and John Belushi, Brand replies, without missing a beat, "At the very least. I have a huge hunger in me."
At his current pace, he certainly has a shot. His slate is packed with projects that span film, TV, Internet, radio, newspapers and books; there's hardly a medium he has overlooked.
Brand says, however, that it's not fame that feeds him — it's the thrill he gets from performing.
"The way I justify my incredible appetite for recognition," Brand says, "is that I would do this happily for the rest of my life for nothing because of a devotional, religious, vocational love of what I consider to be an art form. I love standup comedy. I love making people laugh."

I liked this interview

Is that his real voice? I had never heard him before and I was a bit surprised. Is he wearing his trousers a bit too tight?

He reminds me of a cross between Johnny Depp's pirate and Robert Smith.

He does seem like a witty guy. I'd like to see that DVD of his.

As an unrelated question.

The British accent where "th" is spoken as a "v" or "f", like "break through" spoken as "break frew" or "together " as "togever"; is that accent or dialect peculiar to a certain region or upbringing, or just a common slang way of speaking.
Just curious.

Is that his real voice? I had never heard him before and I was a bit surprised. Is he wearing his trousers a bit too tight?

He reminds me of a cross between Johnny Depp's pirate and Robert Smith.

He does seem like a witty guy. I'd like to see that DVD of his.

As an unrelated question.

The British accent where "th" is spoken as a "v" or "f", like "break through" spoken as "break frew" or "together " as "togever"; is that accent or dialect peculiar to a certain region or upbringing, or just a common slang way of speaking.
Just curious.

well he does actually speak like that and yes his trousers are too tight, he did not always dress like that though, used to be baggy jeans and t shirts. The accent thing, well its kind if a london thing I think.

I've wanted to know that as well. Heehee. We think like Moz. XD

I'm pretty good too. :D

Tags
brilliant comedy fellow fan funny genius get a fucking haircut heroin relapse now! hot jesus plus legend matt matt morgan nutered dirt bag pepmint tea pin pin prince's assless pants smack rat die we love you russell you can tell he stinks
Back
Top Bottom