The Simpsons - "Panic on the Streets of Springfield" (airing April 18, 2021) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Apr. 18:

Posted after the airing:

Official Morrissey Facebook: Simpsons Response (April 19, 2021)

The Simpsons ("Panic on the Streets of Springfield" season 32, episode 19) premieres Sunday April 18, 2021.

An extended cut to air on Hulu (link posted by Neal Cassidy):

UPDATE Apr. 18:

full

Related items:
* = this link/page was deleted from Central - April 25, 2021.

So sad...cut it off during the start of the concert scene. Celebrate the legacy not tear it down! The Simpson's sucks! I will never watch again. Maybe Lisa can learn to be nice to people in the next "imaginary friend" episode??? Matt Sleman!
Legacy of fascism, racism and hypocrisy.

You see, the problem with this line of argument is that before the airing, the show was being lauded and praised by official channels, and it's only now the opposite position is being taken. Do you see the hypocrisy in that?

Can you remember anyone else who fat-shamed someone?

Remember when Morrissey did exactly that with Gail Shea?

Do you only object when a singer you like is the subject?

He wasn't interested in her weight, he was concerned about the seal hunt - he was saying she would get a long death if she was treated the way pups are:

Gail Shea, the Canadian Minister of Fisheries whose spokesperson referred to me as a “millionaire celebrity, desperate for a hobby” when I protested at Shea’s decision to axe to death thousands of newborn seal pups who were relying on fish food that Shea instead wanted for human consumption, is herself being “culled” on Monday as the federal elections show her support dramatically diminished against that of her main opponent (Bobby Morrissey, would you believe). Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea, although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off. It shall be worth the wait for all of us.

—Morrissey; London, England; October 2015

Some selected quotes from the episode:

Imaginary Morrissey seeing real self:
"Oh dear God, no I look like bloody Churchill!"

Real Morrissey on stage:
"Shut yer gobs, you wankers! Can't you see this show is just a cash grab? I'm only here because I lost my fortune suing people for saying things about me that were completely true."

Imaginary Morrissey (aghast):
"Is this what I turned into? I'm greedy, I'm hateful, and my face looks like a syphilitic moon."

Real Morrissey to crowd:
"Oh boo hoo - you can jeer whilst I enjoy this pastrami on rye."
Crowd member:
"But you're vegan!?"
Real Morrissey:
"I was until I found out that veganism was invented by foreigners, of whom there are far too many on this planet!" (Crowd gasps) "That's right! I hate the foreign! Coming to this country and taking our jobs! Sleeping with our MEN!"
Crowd member:
"But you're a foreigner."
Another crowd member:
"And you took the job of sad, washed-up rock star."
Lisa to Imaginary Morrissey:
"No! You've turned your back on veganism. And you're also a huge racist."
(Real Morrissey then starts spraying the crowd with sausages from a sausage gun)

Imaginary Morrissey:
"Lisa, dear, don't let him (indicates Real Morrissey) happen to you. Try not to sneer at everything and listen to others, at least a bit. Perhaps one out of five times, but I can't tell you which times."

Some selected quotes from the episode:

Imaginary Morrissey seeing real self:
"Oh dear God, no I look like bloody Churchill!"

Real Morrissey on stage:
"Shut yer gobs, you wankers! Can't you see this show is just a cash grab? I'm only here because I lost my fortune suing people for saying things about me that were completely true."

Imaginary Morrissey (aghast):
"Is this what I turned into? I'm greedy, I'm hateful, and my face looks like a syphilitic moon."

Real Morrissey to crowd:
"Oh boo hoo - you can jeer whilst I enjoy this pastrami on rye."
Crowd member:
"But you're vegan!?"
Real Morrissey:
"I was until I found out that veganism was invented by foreigners, of whom there are far too many on this planet!" (Crowd gasps) "That's right! I hate the foreign! Coming to this country and taking our jobs! Sleeping with our MEN!"
Crowd member:
"But you're a foreigner."
Another crowd member:
"And you took the job of sad, washed-up rock star."
Lisa to Imaginary Morrissey:
"No! You've turned your back on veganism. And you're also a huge racist."
(Real Morrissey then starts spraying the crowd with sausages from a sausage gun)

Imaginary Morrissey:
"Lisa, dear, don't let him (indicates Real Morrissey) happen to you. Try not to sneer at everything and listen to others, at least a bit. Perhaps one out of five times, but I can't tell you which times."

The Facebook post probably meant he didn't lose a fortune suing people, which he didn't.

That's actually really horrible & he's never said or done anything like it.

Also the men thing is homophobic...

Morrissey has called loads of people fat and said horrible things.
I really do despise his fans now, theres no reasoning.
Beginning to side with uncle skinny even!!
It was a bit of fun the simpsons episode, get over it. If moz cant take it he shouldn't give it out.

It's already been promoted on the official Morrissey facebook page, so presumably it's already been seen and got Moz/Sam's approval.
Lot of egg to wipe off their faces now.
Typically goes on the defensive. Blame them not himself for things on record he said and sang that are vile.
Retribution from the universe.
History will hang him high.
Hey morrissey, you just can't believe it can you, that there are many people,
who think you are,
a jerk? 100%.

Lot of egg to wipe off their faces now.
Typically goes on the defensive. Blame them not himself for things on record he said and sang that are vile.
Retribution from the universe.
History will hang him high.
Hey morrissey, you just can't believe it can you, that there are many people,
who think you are,
a jerk? 100%.
Goddammit skinny, everybody knows this is you.

I don’t watch The Simpsons much now again what did you expect from a show that making Scottish person look like a dumb local idiot.I just have too live with it just as Moz fans will know doubt.Do I feel The Simpsons are lazy at writing a episode maybe I don’t watch them anymore since 2001.

I don’t know The Simpsons racist that harsh word maybe just ignorant and some view thing‘s different from others and it’s not their view.

I don’t watch The Simpsons much now again what did you expect from a show that making Scottish person look like a dumb local idiot.I just have too live with it just as Moz fans will know doubt.Do I feel The Simpsons are lazy at writing a episode maybe I don’t watch them anymore since 2001.

I don’t know The Simpsons racist that harsh word maybe just ignorant and some view thing‘s different from others and it’s not their view.
The Simpson's are racist and have perpetuated stereotypes for decades. Just ask Frank Azaria!

I never watched the simpsons, I don't watch cartoons, but it's a pity that they have betrayed Morrissey.
The show was promoted as some sort of homage to Morrissey... They even lured Morrissey to promote it... os it's a betrayal.

Having just watched my take is the words and music was pretty spot-on but could have used a more edge-y guitar sound. The dialog was funny, the sausage gun brilliant ... and only the racist bits that were the bridge too far.

The sad part of this I think is they missed a really cool opportunity to do something really funny and whimsical around one of the greatest (if not the greatest) indie band of all time. Instead by all accounts they've used it to score political points. The show is of course free to pursue whatever avenue they choose but this could've (and probably should've) been a lot more fun than its turned out to be.

I have to admit this was catchey and better then anything Morrissey has put out in the last 15 years, I hope he does a cover of it lol.

When Morrissey said that the Chinese are a subspecies due to their treatment of animals, I honestly believe he meant those that treat animals badly. We've all seen footage of dogs and cats in cages in China. It's very difficult to watch footage or read about that cruelty without thinking that all those involved are a subspecies.

That is what Morrissey meant I think. He wasn't explicit when he said it. He should've been. There are millions of vegetarians in China. 50-70 million according to Wikipedia.

When Morrissey said that the Chinese are a subspecies due to their treatment of animals, I honestly believe he meant those that treat animals badly. We've all seen footage of dogs and cats in cages in China. It's very difficult to watch footage or read about that cruelty without thinking that all those involved are a subspecies.

That is what Morrissey meant I think. He wasn't explicit when he said it. He should've been. There are millions of vegetarians in China. 50-70 million according to Wikipedia.

Also:

"Today a growing number of Muslims throughout the world are practicing vegetarian lifestyles, not only in the West but in traditional Islamic environments as well. The animal rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Asia-Pacific has launched, at the suggestion of its Muslim members, a website on Islam and vegetarianism.5 In Turkey, which has several national vegetarian organizations, an old Istanbul neighborhood known as “Non-meat-eater” (Etyemecz) derives its name from the vegetarian practices of a Sufi sect. Iran has at least one registered vegetarian society, the Sana and Shafa Vegetarians’ Association, based in Tehran.

Sufi sect.6 Iran has at least one registered vegetarian society, the Sana and Shafa Vegetarians’ Association, based in Tehran.7"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom