Yeah, well, to be honest? I only gave "Chasing Amy" an A- because I've known so many people that did not have fond memories of it, maybe I only do because I have not seen it again for more than a decade, but I am OK with that. Sometimes viewing things anew ruins one's nostalgia for them. However, I do remember many of the reasons for others not liking it, they usually fall into five basic categories:I enjoyed Mallrats but it was not a good film the way Clerks was. And you could tell that even between Clerks and Mallrats his ego had skyrocketed. Chasing Amy is the worst dogshit ever filmed. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was just...meh. Maybe ten minutes of funny stuff. Dogma was just dumb.
I did really like Clerks 2, but it's dependent on a previous original work.
I have never seen the Jersey Girl or Zak and Miri. Don't plan to, either.
1. They're lesbians, I think, by law, people of this ilk are supposed to hate this film, that is if they even know about it.
2. Not into Kevin Smtih's particular kind of raunch.
3. Ben Affleck hate, this one, if memory serves, seems to often combine with #1.
4. Not Joey Lauren Adams fans, especially the sound of her voice which I adore.
5. They don't like the ending, this one I understand, because I hated the ending the first time I watched it! However, with some additional viewing, I realized how perfect it was.
-now I am wondering which category your dislike for it falls into though I am fairly certain its not the first one
As to "Dogma"
Was it a dumb movie? Yes, of course, but funny too, at least to me, then again I was raised Catholic, so a lot of it really hit me where it counts.