"The Smiths And Morrissey Legacy Reissue Series" (April 2014, via Passions Just Like Mine)

Re: Article: "The Smiths And Morrissey Legacy Reissue Series" (April 2014, via Passions Just Like Mi

If it's a hoax someone went to an awful lot of trouble.

Well, they put together a few webpages. That's sort of minimal for an internet hoax.

A weird thing to do a hoax about, but it pretty obviously is one

Definite hoax.

The link is amazing though - I wish it weren't a hoax...

Re: Article: "The Smiths And Morrissey Legacy Reissue Series" (April 2014, via Passions Just Like Mi

The only feasible argument for this being real that I can think of, is that it would make zero sense, and as we know, the less sense something makes, the more likely it seems to actually be happening in Morrisseyland.

But I'm saying this is either a straight up hoax (most likely) or an attempt by Stephane or someone else to make a case for an actual release (to show record companies what could be done and that there would be an interest for it). But as has already been pointed out, even if both Morrissey and a record label were into it, it would be logistically next to impossible to pull off. Nice thought though.

But I'm saying this is either a straight up hoax (most likely) or an attempt by Stephane or someone else to make a case for an actual release (to show record companies what could be done and that there would be an interest for it).
This is what I'm thinking as well. Clicking on each individual release provides a summary of its contents, and every one includes "an essay by Stéphane from PassionsJustLikeMine.com."

This is either a very elaborate and lovingly constructed "What If?" or a planned April Fools prank prematurely uncovered. I wish it were real, though.

Last edited:

Too good to be true.

You know what, until this is officially debunked I'm gonna pretend it's real. I could use a wet dream Moz/Smithsbox set to look forward to on this cold Tuesday.

The preorder date is April 1st - ie APRIL FOOLS DAY.
If this is a silly, unfunny April Fool's Joke, then any respect I previously had for passions-just-like-mine and Stephane have just been pissed down the toilet. :

I #want# to believe it - but it looks too good to be true.

The biggest tip-off that these are total bullshit should be the fact that the original artwork for Moz's albums are intact. If these were legit re-issues, there would be a series of horrendous covers with photos that don't fit their respected eras and ridiculous fonts used for the titles that look as though they came from a 2-minute Photoshop session.

Just the fact that a project as big as this would've been would be put together with not even a slight clue until two months before the release date is…well, a bit unlikely. But lalalalalalala I'm still pretending that I'll spend May 1st (or was it April 32nd) locked inside with the blinds closed, enjoying a few hours of unheard/-seen Morrissey/Smiths material. Weeeee…

Last edited:

The biggest tip-off that these are total bullshit should be the fact that the original artwork for Moz's albums are intact. If these were legit re-issues, there would be a series of horrendous covers with photos that don't fit their respected eras and ridiculous fonts used for the titles that look as though they came from a 2-minute Photoshop session.

To be fair, the biggest clue that it's not legit is that it's all posted on Passions Just Like Mine.

What Stephane's done is shown what COULD be done with the Smiths and Moz back catalogue.

I for one would climb over broken glass to get the kind of reissues he's imagined.

And the sad thing? It's not like it's not possible, either, if certain people would just get out of the way of such a thing happening.

Obviously Stephane is involved by the last paragraph of the Southpaw edition. It is at the end of all editions..
"All formats include an illustrated booklet with extensive liner notes as well as "Mozstory 1995", the sixth chapter of an essay by Stéphane from PassionsJustLikeMine.com."

Last edited:
Warmer-Rhino-Universal?

Warmer? WARMER?

Warner.

Bugs-ending.jpg

Well... it's really laughable HA HA HA HA, HA HA HA HA HA

Who cares about "Mozstory"???? Anyone??? Nope???

OK - it's confirmed a hoax. NOT funny, Stephane. f*** you. :(

If this is a hoax or even a concept for what could be, someone did a lot of work. Too much in my opinion but it wasn't my time so who am I to say?

Also, let's set aside the fact that multiple companies (with, I believe, no corporate ties even in today's drastically contracted music business) own The Smiths and Morrissey masters.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom