The Smiths official Twitter account is now live

Life without hope is hopeless.

But do you really hope/wish for this to happen? Do you think it can possibly recapture the magic of yesteryear?
I would love to see them play those songs live (I mean Moz and Johnny of course, as a full reunion is nigh on impossible), but I can't help but feel that some things are best left as they are.
Nobody can erase our memories, those glorious days back in the 80s when we waited for each new release with baited breath, many of us queuing at our local record store hardly able to wait for opening time.

But do you really hope/wish for this to happen? Do you think it can possibly recapture the magic of yesteryear?
I would love to see them play those songs live (I mean Moz and Johnny of course, as a full reunion is nigh on impossible), but I can't help but feel that some things are best left as they are.
Nobody can erase our memories, those glorious days back in the 80s when we waited for each new release with baited breath, many of us queuing at our local record store hardly able to wait for opening time.

I'd be there like a shot. And I reckon, and I'm not including you here, that loads who say they wish it wouldn't happen would be there like a shot too. It's just too hard to resist.

I'd be there like a shot. And I reckon, and I'm not including you here, that loads who say they wish it wouldn't happen would be there like a shot too. It's just too hard to resist.

I never said I wouldn't be there like a shot, of course I would. :lbf:
What I am asking is if you think it will bring back the past, be as good as the original incarnation, I somehow doubt it.
I went to the Stone Roses reunion gig a couple of years back, not that I am comparing them to The Smiths (heaven forbid!) (lol), and even though it was a pleasant evening in itself it was nothing like on their heyday in 1989.
I dunno, I really feel it would ruin things even more for some reason.

What I am asking is if you think it will bring back the past, be as good as the original incarnation, I somehow doubt it.
I went to the Stone Roses reunion gig a couple of years back, not that I am comparing them to The Smiths (heaven forbid!) (lol), and even though it was a pleasant evening in itself it was nothing like on their heyday in 1989.

Oh, I totally agree. "It just wasn't like...the old days anymore". But I won't care. The occasion will be enough.

What you say is very sensible.

As this looks like only a revamp of old material, I would ask to the people in charge if they could make a reorganization of the iTunes offer of The Smiths and, specially, of Morrissey-solo era. They should organize the material in the same way the albums, singles and compilations were originally released. The place is a mess and there's missing material. Maybe with a twitter account the request will arrive easily. The problem is I don't have twitter. :(

Last edited:
Oh, I totally agree. "It just wasn't like...the old days anymore". But I won't care. The occasion will be enough.

oh my god, your nostalgic longing is so cute! it reminds me of this time i went with my friend to see her grandad at this old folks get-together where all the old foks sat around reminiscing and they were all drinking--get this--rootbeer floats! lol!! is that not the cutest thing? just like when they were young and life was new! i could totally see you there with your rootbeer float waxing nostalgic about the good old days of the smiths.

oh my god, your nostalgic longing is so cute! it reminds me of this time i went with my friend to see her grandad at this old folks get-together where all the old foks sat around reminiscing and they were all drinking--get this--rootbeer floats! lol!! is that not the cutest thing? just like when they were young and life was new! i could totally see you there with your rootbeer float waxing nostalgic about the good old days of the smiths.

Too cute. Skinny could wear his special bib in case he dribbles.

Oh Johnny, Mike and Andy I beg you please for the love God if you're going to go ahead and work with Silly Steven again ! Please ! Please ! Don't let that useless tw*t Gary Barlow lookalike Nephew of his have ANYTHING to do with it FFS !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Oh Johnny, Mike and Andy I beg you please for the love God if you're going to go ahead and work with Silly Steven again ! Please ! Please ! Don't let that useless tw*t Gary Barlow lookalike Nephew of his have ANYTHING to do with it FFS !

Though posted in jest, this raises a point that rarely gets hashed out in reunion daydreams: a mutually-agreeable support system would be required for any protracted Smiths reunion (in whatever shape or form) to take place. A good number of the original Smiths' team has either passed or fallen from favor with one or the other principal. I can see Morrissey and Marr - or their inevitable solicitors - stuck in a room gridlocked on candidates for every role: manager, publicist, booking agent, drummer. All the more reason it is highly unlikely.

If Morrissey can't hash out arrangements with Supreme to his satisfaction, can you imagine the negotiations involved in a Smiths reunion? It would be the rock and roll equivalent of No Exit.

The only way Marr will be joining Morrissey on stage in 2016 is if Jesse rejoins the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Marr learns the songs on World Peace is None of Your Business, as well as "To Give (The Reason I Live)", "People Are The Same Everywhere", and "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice."

I discovered the whole of The Smiths back catalog about 10 years ago within the space of a few weeks. An amazing few weeks but I'm always envious of fans who lived through that period. It must have been such an exciting time.

I've been saying for years it's the logical conclusion and the only thing that can happen. Lots of others disagreed.

You've being saying "its going to happen" usually in the next five minutes for years and years and also that it is "the only thing that can happen", each time you open your trap something else happens instead such as a solo tour or album. It isn't that others "disagree" so much as you have been proved consistently wrong over and over and over again about this.

I won't say that i don't want a moz and marr reunion to happen, because i would be lying, but the smiths are never getting back, it is time to get over it, as much as smiths fans want to see them together again :(

This is the first time i have ever 100% agreed with one your posts

Though posted in jest, this raises a point that rarely gets hashed out in reunion daydreams: a mutually-agreeable support system would be required for any protracted Smiths reunion (in whatever shape or form) to take place. A good number of the original Smiths' team has either passed or fallen from favor with one or the other principal. I can see Morrissey and Marr - or their inevitable solicitors - stuck in a room gridlocked on candidates for every role: manager, publicist, booking agent, drummer. All the more reason it is highly unlikely.

If Morrissey can't hash out arrangements with Supreme to his satisfaction, can you imagine the negotiations involved in a Smiths reunion? It would be the rock and roll equivalent of No Exit.

Oh it was definitely NOT posted in jest Jamie I can assure that. If anything it was posted in all seriousness, can you imagine that 4kin useless twunt 4K-wit posting his so called fartwork, shitography, mon-shite-ages all over social media ?
NO ! NO ! NO !
If he has any involvement don't do it lads ! Tell Silly Steven to go and 4K spiders.

From AYNIM

"In that interview with Mando Lopez he said something about probably touring in the summer."

I discovered the whole of The Smiths back catalog about 10 years ago within the space of a few weeks. An amazing few weeks but I'm always envious of fans who lived through that period. It must have been such an exciting time.

It was a life changing experience for me which is why I am very protective of the times and memories. I consider myself a share holder who invested heavily, I speak and vote in the very best interests as others do as members of the Smiths board.
It's such a shame that Steven took the " made in China " route.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom