The Smiths Westwood One radio 2 cd set on eBay

So I have just been notified that eBay cancelled the auction because I listed "well-concealed cash" as an option of payment. I wish they could have notified me it was a violation and to remove that before cancelling the whole auction, but nevertheless. In the 10 years i've been "ebaying" I have never heard of this restriction before. Anyway, I have relisted the auction. Thanks for looking! Viva Moz!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300073924737&rd=1&rd=1

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So I have just been notified that eBay cancelled the auction because I listed "well-concealed cash" as an option of payment. I wish they could have notified me it was a violation and to remove that before cancelling the whole auction, but nevertheless. In the 10 years i've been "ebaying" I have never heard of this restriction before. Anyway, I have relisted the auction. Thanks for looking! Viva Moz!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300073924737&rd=1&rd=1

Never heard of it either. I thought cash was OK.

They do some wacky stuff...they stopped my auctions for a Pete Yorn CD 3 TIMES because they thought the CD was a bootleg, even though it was clearly stated as a live album made by the Columbia Records. I got an apology after the first time but the 2nd and 3rd times got nothing except having to do a tutorial on acceptable items and copyright infringement. The irony is that there were about 10 identical copies of the CD I was trying to sell still up on the site. With that kind of nonsense, the triple-dipping on fees (when Paypal is used) and the flakiness of some buyers, it really makes me want to stay away from there.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yes, as fun and addictive as eBay can be, there are many things about eBay that are more than a little discouraging. I assume the ban on accepting cash must be a recent concept to continue to force everyone into using paypal so that eBay can indeed increase their profit per transaction. Interesting though that they only cancelled my one auction and didn't touch the others I have listed, all of which contain the same payment language accepting cash.
And it's ironic how on a couple of occasions wherein i've listed a couple of bootlegs in order to pare down my collection, they've shut me down...but yet there are many sellers on here who keep mass producing and selling the same obvious bootlegs over and over and continue to get away with it.
Let's discuss a much better run corporation, like say, ...Ticketmaster!;)

Back
Top Bottom