The Stephen Fry frink thread

Excellent thread. :)

I have been in love with Stephen Fry forever and a day (I think I first encountered him when Blackadder aired here in the States). He is one of those brilliant, talented, insightful individuals who never fails to enlighten. I find it so moving that the only thing he cannot do (that he really wants to do) is sing - I guess we have Morrissey for that.

That was one of the best things about standing on line for the Russell Brand show here in NYC. We all bonded over Stephen Fry - all the ladies there (even the teenagers) were just mad about him. :sweet:

I lurked on the Stephen Fry forum for a brief while - nice folks.

"They say of the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is...":

Stephen as Michael Jackson:

How to be gorgeous:

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent thread. :)

I have been in love with Stephen Fry forever and a day (I think I first encountered him when Blackadder aired here in the States). He is one of those brilliant, talented, insightful individuals who never fails to enlighten. I find it so moving that the only thing he cannot do (that he really wants to do) is sing - I guess we have Morrissey for that.

That was one of the best things about standing on line for the Russell Brand show here in NYC. We all bonded over Stephen Fry - all the ladies there (even the teenagers) were just mad about him. :sweet:

I lurked on the Stephen Fry forum for a brief while - nice folks.

I totally agree :)

I've been lurking there for a while myself, people really seem very nice. Doesn't it almost seem logical? :)

"They say of the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is...":

I have been CRYING over that so many times! :D

I also love that he's such an utter Grammar Nazi :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we should have a seperate Q.I. appreciation thread :guitar:

Since I've been watching the show, my often pathetic attempts at small talk (which often result in "tiny" talk) have become even more bizarre:

Random person prattling on about something or other
Me: Did you know that during WWII they planned to destroy Japanese towns by equipping trained bats with explosive waistcoats?
Random person: :confused::confused::confused:

Since I've been watching the show, my often pathetic attempts at small talk (which often result in "tiny" talk) have become even more bizarre:

Me: Did you know that during WWII they planned to destroy Japanese towns by equipping trained bats with explosive waistcoats?

I know exactly what you mean!!!! :D

SF-1995-02-00-VFair-FryHigh-01-1-1.jpg

I do the same thing! well, whenever I get to watch clips on youtube since im in the U.S. If i can remember correctly, Stephen was explaining how a coffee bean wasnt really a "bean." :D Interesting stuff! you could really impress people :p

I want to photoshop Morrissey with Oscar Wilde, and the variety of actual OW photos is short. ANyone has Wilde to take a few screencaps for me? Something with a clear shot of "Oscar" and his clothes, with or without anyone else, I'll see what I do. Anyone wanna PM me about this please? Of course I'll remove Stephen and replace his face with Oscar's, be warned.

Thank you!

Stephen Fry is the bestest, he just bursts with Fryness :). One thing I've always wondered about, and forgive me if it's been mentioned upthread (please don't make me read the whole thing, Kewpie! :D), is how there's no connection between him and Moz, despite the obvious similarities. I don't recall Morrissey ever mentioning him and vise versa (and Fry loves to namedrop ;)). My only explanation is that Moz doesn't like the upper classes, and Fry doesn't like it when people mope (did you see that clip where he said man's worst fault is feeling sorry for himself?)

Haha, I've always been searching for some sort of link between them.. At least an opinion? Since they're both the type of person everybody seems to have an opinion on :)

They are both very simliar: extremely intelligent, witty, and have a love for Oscar Wilde. I wonder how they never found eachother :p

Stephen Fry is the bestest, he just bursts with Fryness :). One thing I've always wondered about, and forgive me if it's been mentioned upthread (please don't make me read the whole thing, Kewpie! :D), is how there's no connection between him and Moz, despite the obvious similarities. I don't recall Morrissey ever mentioning him and vise versa (and Fry loves to namedrop ;)). My only explanation is that Moz doesn't like the upper classes, and Fry doesn't like it when people mope (did you see that clip where he said man's worst fault is feeling sorry for himself?)

It has been mentioned...but no answer has been found ;)

Yes, saw that clip.. Still, like you said, there's obvious similarities. And I'm dying to hear their 2 cents on each other.

My only explanation is that Moz doesn't like the upper classes, and Fry doesn't like it when people mope (did you see that clip where he said man's worst fault is feeling sorry for himself?)

You have a good point there..... And with Stephen's views on politics and all. There are certainly differences there. However, there are still so many similarities!

I would.

Back
Top Bottom