The story behind the live version of "Used to be a Sweet Boy"?

MozIsGod

"Used to be a Sweet Boy" is one of my favorite songs from the Vauxhall era and has been overlooked at least from a live setting. They played it on a few dates during the '95 Boxers tour and then it was dropped and hasn't been played live since. Does anyone know the reason behind it?

I think I read something many years back about how they were never satisfied with the live performances which is why it was dropped but I'm sure my memory is a bit foggy. If you can find a live version of this somg online, check it out. It's rare but nice to hear.

some songs are just very hard to sing live,vocally and emotionally.your right,good song.

Last edited:
"Used to be a Sweet Boy" is one of my favorite songs from the Vauxhall era and has been overlooked at least from a live setting. They played it on a few dates during the '95 Boxers tour and then it was dropped and hasn't been played live since. Does anyone know the reason behind it?

I think I read something many years back about how they were never satisfied with the live performances which is why it was dropped but I'm sure my memory is a bit foggy. If you can find a live version of this somg online, check it out. It's rare but nice to hear.
You are probably remembering the Bridgewood, Taylor & Boorer interview: Morrissey's Vauxhall and I at 20 for Mouth Magazine 2014 - very detailed and mentions:

"BRIDGWOOD: Later on we did try playing USED TO BE A SWEET BOY live – on the 1995 tour – but it didn’t work. Too bare!"

Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom