The Strictly Come Dancing appreciation thread!

Well..."all (wo)men have secrets and here is mine...so let it be known"...I love Strictly Come Dancing! :o

strictly-come-dancing-live_001842_1.jpg

Only two day's to go and the new series will begin...hurrah!

I love the glamour of it all...the fantastic dresses...the bows...the sequins...the feathers...the pert bottomed men in their high waisted lycra slacks...the bouffant hair and heavy make-up!

Whether its an elegant foxtrot...a heavenly gliding waltz...a breathless samba or a triumphant tango...I love it all!

And lets face it...Saturday night just isn't Saturday night without a bit of Brucie!

Anyone else planning on spending Saturday nights ballroom dancing around the sitting room for the next few weeks?...or do you all, unlike me...actually have a life! :rolleyes:

Love Alma xxx
I'm more of Dancing On Ice/ X Factor girl, but I watch from time to time!

Anyone else planning on spending Saturday nights ballroom dancing around the sitting room for the next few weeks?...or do you all, unlike me...actually have a life! :rolleyes:

Love Alma xxx

i don't have a life, but i still don't watch it. it makes me relieved that i don't have a tv licence.

i don't have a life, but i still don't watch it. it makes me relieved that i don't have a tv licence.
yes, that's because you're watcing the X Factor

well almas not here but im starting ... looks like the guy from rising damp is out :eek:

Yep...he wasn't very good was he! :o

I liked that guy from Holby with the snake-hips....a bloody triumph!

I thought Phill Daniels did ok...his face was a picture though...never seen such terror....but I still reckon he'll come into his own in the Latin dances! ;)

So a promising start...Gary Rhodes and Mark Foster both seem like they'll be able to flick a mean hoof with a bit more practice!:) And that John Sergeant was a cutie!!!

Wasn't too keen on that lycra cat-suit Lilia wore though! Purrrrrrr!

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
is this the British version of "Dancing with the Stars?" are one of the dancers on each team a B list actor? cuz we have a show like that here, and it's horrible. they always take decent songs and turn them into really cheesy dancey numbers. ick.

I loved Phil Daniels face too, you could tell he was aware he was doing it and kept trying to relax his facial muscles before going straight back into it. I thought Jessie Wallace looked like a trucker in drag and danced like one too.
That's one ill advised bob if I ever saw one. :eek: Her hairdresser obviously hates her.

I loved Phil Daniels face too, you could tell he was aware he was doing it and kept trying to relax his facial muscles before going straight back into it. I thought Jessie Wallace looked like a trucker in drag and danced like one too.
That's one ill advised bob if I ever saw one. :eek: Her hairdresser obviously hates her.

miaow ...

(trucker in drag LOL:D)

I think poor old Jessie told her hairdresser she wanted to look like a 1920's FLAPPER...but he thought she said SLAPPER...and the rest is history! :p

Love Alma xxx

I fancy Anton du Beke.

*sigh*
Another one to add to my list of inappropriately-aged lust objects.

I fancy Anton du Beke.

*sigh*
Another one to add to my list of inappropriately-aged lust objects.

He's a real gent...I find Brendan "the bad boy of ballroom" Cole pretty hard to resist too...try as I might...although I really don't try THAT hard! :o

Brendan.jpg

Love Alma xxx

I just don't think the judges on Strictly are fans of Eastenders!

Last week they booted off Kevin Wicks...and this week it was poor old Kathy Beale who foxtrotted out! :(

220px-Kathy_G_Taylforth.jpg

If I was Kat Slater I'd be watching my back! ;)

jessiewallaceBBC_468x457.jpg

Love Alma xxx

Back
Top Bottom