The Suicide Thread

Brummie...don't be fooled by realitybites pitiful attempt to set the the record straight that she is a "kind" person with this pathetic post. It's not about suicide. It's not about Margaret Dale. It's not about David Lewin. It's about HER. The purpose of this post is to drop the idea that Margaret was ESTRANGED FROM HER FAMILY so her calculated dismissal of a COMMON CONDOLENCE that "she is in a better place" could be rationalized as NOT AS COLD AS IT APPEARS. She forgot in her zeal to be an Atheist Bible Thumper that maybe her family would be reading as she completely derailed the thread for the glorification of HER OWN CAUSE, NOT THE MEMORY of Margaret Dale. She is an egotistical, selfish, hateful woman who is more interested in ALLEGIANCE than anything remotely resembling discussion or talk. She found allegiance with halfwits, now they're gone. But while they were here, she enabled them, who in the same thread DID mock suicide, DID ask if Morrissey's mother was dead yet, DID put the W in SOLOW, she stood back and laughed, never stopping them or asking them to do what's "kind." She had more at stake to let them ruin the memorium thread, her friends, than to say, "Oh, maybe this is all inappropriate." And she'll do it again. At the end of the day she wants to be thought of as the smartest, skinniest, funnest person, EVEN if it means telling herself that she is, EVEN if it means ripping apart a condolence thread. She is the epitome of a piece of shit masquerading as an intellectual.

It's not my place to adjudicate. I think everyone would be best served by moving on. There's probably only a brief period before the Mentalist 3 escape from their top-security wing and return to try and re-establish themselves. It might be an idea for you both to have a thread to thrash this out without the rest of us.

I hope you are fully recovered from your recent health challenges.

regards.

'Asleep' sung by a 23/4 year old survivor of 8 years of underemployment and depression is not the same context as the song sung by a 54 year old Hollywood millionaire entertainer. Morrissey has dubiously flirted with suicide motifs once too often. However, when he faced recent health challenges he used his privilege to ensure top class private medical attention. He has had the time and money to access the very best therapists to resolve his 'issues'. Instead, he seems to cling to his dysfunction as a badge of honour, or it's a sham brand.

Your self-proclaimed insight into morrissey doesn't extend to an understanding of his mental health. Your suggestion that he's not allowed to suffer from depression now that he's got some money in the bank (or the suggestion that it's entirely a put on designed to maintain an image) exposes not only the hateful reality behind your supposedly enlightened serious commentator forum persona, but also a complete disconnect from the realities of mental health disorders. It's easy to deny accusations of trolling with the response that you're merely a long time fan who is disappointed with the recent career of someone who once meant a lot to you. Comments like this suggest that you're more interested in looking for opportunities to deride than in actual discussion.

It's not my place to adjudicate. I think everyone would be best served by moving on. There's probably only a brief period before the Mentalist 3 escape from their top-security wing and return to try and re-establish themselves. It might be an idea for you both to have a thread to thrash this out without the rest of us.

regards.

Oh no, you LOVE realitybites. You love her because she feeds off the idea that you find her interesting when actually you're just using her as a springboard to bounce your own longwinded ideas onto the mainpage-o-sphere. You could give a shit what she's yammering on about, in fact you must know it's all crap she's paraphrasing and sorta quoting from wikipedia and some other message board of "ideation" while throwing in a few "Ya"'s and "THat's a good observation" to make it sound like she's listening.

LOL!! I had a white persian that used to sit just like that with her nose to the wall. Everyone thought she was dumb but I told them she was contemplating the paint color.

Cats sit in boxes because it feels like home. They are the spirits of people in coffins and tombs and sometimes they slip back into their box when they have no business to look after. They're mirroring the dead man or woman they work for.

regards.

I have nothing to say to her. She is the only person trolling, stalking, and obsessing here. Case closed.

I have nothing to say to her. She is the only person trolling, stalking, and obsessing here. Case closed.

Oh no, you're the victim! Call in the backup...wait, gotta log off.

PROBLEM IS...at the end of the day, it's kind of a lonely feeling when you realize nobody gives a shit about you but yourself? Isn't it? The illusion is fun, but the reality? Not so comforting. And so...play the only card you got left. Victim. Wah.

Cats sit in boxes because it feels like home. They are the spirits of people in coffins and tombs and sometimes they slip back into their box when they have no business to look after. They're mirroring the dead man or woman they work for.

I just thought it was cute. :squiffy:

The whole point of suicide needing an assist, is that the person presumably is too physically incapable of doing the deed him/herself... and does not have access to the means--the drugs. The latter is the central point here. There is gatekeeping going on. Controlling the means--the drugs--is a way of deciding who gets to have a quick and painless death and who will have to resort to more gruesome methods. Bedridden, terminally ill persons have limited means. Most likely, death by hanging, gunshot, or jumping are not viable options. If they had a stockpile of barbiturates handy, no doctor would be necessary.

Doctor assisted suicide is overkill... an elaborately orchestrated drip of death. All the person really needs is a gram of one of the three major barbiturates (10-15 pills), an empty stomach, and an antiemetic suppository. Of course the drip may be the only option for persons who cannot swallow or stomach pills.

Hospice assists in death as well. It's called the ten day morphine drip. Morphine given in small doses shuts down the brain. The patients stop eating and drinking. They die of starvation. These patients would not die if not given the morphine. They could live for many more weeks or even months. Wouldn't one quick lethal dose of morphine be preferable? A quick and painless death from the drug and not lack of nourishment? Oh no, that would be murder. Please! Semantics. Give me the lethal dose if I am at death's door. Write me a prescription for the barbiturates so I have access to them when I need them. Because I am all for suicide when one is terminally ill or very old. Everybody should have a stockpile of barbiturates available in case they need them. Just be sure to check for expiration dates. May need to replace the old pills with new ones.

But in the case of a person suffering a crisis, suicide is not the solution. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Intervention is the solution. Put hope back in the depressed person's life. Do everything possible to help him/her see that there is even the tiniest possibility that they will not feel despondent in the future. Things may change. Many of the 26 persons who have jumped off the Golden Gate bridge and survived stated they regretted their decisions midair. And many, if not most, suicide survivors are glad they were not successful. Many go on to live more meaningful lives and never attempt suicide again.

It's a very difficult moral minefield. Intervention takes resources and some people do not have the skill or access to expert help. Here in the UK, attitudes are still entrenched. Mental illness is one of the last taboos to be taken apart. Even on this blog, despite "SISMS", there's a fallback insult of denigrating someone's contribution by inferring mental instability. Perhaps Morrissey's issues are intractable but it's hard to reconcile that with his lifestyle, as it is with Stephen Fry. It concerns me that high-profile celebrities with resources remain resistant to treatment. It can provide an excuse to rationalise withdrawing support from ordinary people if those with endless resources continue to report treatment failure.

http://www.stephenfry.com/2013/06/24/only-the-lonely/

I've been reading of novel attempts to unravel some of these issues, which I hope will lead to a more positive outcome. It seems incredible that mental illness could be caused by a faulty intestinal flora ,but this is science, not speculation:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4...ture-of-psychiatry-may-be-inside-your-stomach

regards.

Why can't all you lot take your heads out your self-righteous arseholes and realise there's a big difference between some huffy sad sack killing herself as the ultimate statement that she "loves Morrissey" and someone who's suffering from terminal illness or some degenerative disease whereby they can't make their own informed choice because their mind has turned to mush. You can't treat them the same.

Infact it's infuriating when people like Margaret Dale kill herself when there's people being diagnosed with terminal cancer with months to live and loving families all knowing they're not going to see them soon. If someone wants to be so selfish and pathetic like her then let them kill themselves.

Why can't all you lot take your heads out your self-righteous arseholes and realise there's a big difference between some huffy sad sack killing herself as the ultimate statement that she "loves Morrissey" and someone who's suffering from terminal illness or some degenerative disease whereby they can't make their own informed choice because their mind has turned to mush. You can't treat them the same.

Infact it's infuriating when people like Margaret Dale kill herself when there's people being diagnosed with terminal cancer with months to live and loving families all knowing they're not going to see them soon. If someone wants to be so selfish and pathetic like her then let them kill themselves.

What an extraordinary and unbalanced outburst! Clearly, going to watch Moz's film has disturbed your equilibrium.

We have no basis upon which to speculate as to why this person felt suicide was her only option. Only her medical team could reasonably infer any such intent. Sometimes, people tragically make decisons in a moment of temporary despair, decisions which are not expicable by analysing their previous symptoms or lack of. The fact that Morrissey tastelessly chose to 'honour her passing' before trashing other celebrities is no excuse for you to join him with some equally tasteless and rabid 'survival of the fittest' social Darwinism.

I also do not think it is appropriate to ridicule the fact that she found solace and succour in the art of The Smiths and Morrissey whilst she fought her final battles.

You make an entirely specious hierarchy of suffering whereby cancer patients are blameless, yet psychiatric patients are to blame for their illness. Once again, we see that Morrissey's art has had little effect on challenging the prejudices of his soi-disant 'fans'. "Something Is Squeezing My Skull" is one of the few genuinely subversive and liberating tracks of the last decade of his solo career. Mental illness is the new Gay: you are a "psychopobe". I realise this word is new to you and will challenge your conceptional framework but, really, stop playing those endless Fall albums and reappraise your Privilege and psychonormativity. Also, make sure you delete "Asleep" from your iPod thingy.

I hope that anyone connected to Margaret Dale or any other suicider or potential suicider rises above your ignorance and find peace within their memories or hope in a future recovery.

With every good wish
yours, in jubilo

Last edited:
Your self-proclaimed insight into morrissey doesn't extend to an understanding of his mental health. Your suggestion that he's not allowed to suffer from depression now that he's got some money in the bank (or the suggestion that it's entirely a put on designed to maintain an image) exposes not only the hateful reality behind your supposedly enlightened serious commentator forum persona, but also a complete disconnect from the realities of mental health disorders. It's easy to deny accusations of trolling with the response that you're merely a long time fan who is disappointed with the recent career of someone who once meant a lot to you. Comments like this suggest that you're more interested in looking for opportunities to deride than in actual discussion.

No doubt you have now read my comment on Stephen Fry and other 'celebrity depressives'. A reply which is subtle and nuanced. If Morrissey is genuinely periodically incapacitated by any psychic challenges, it concerns me that he does not use his resources to prioritise recovery over touring. If he has tried every option yet still remains resistant, he has some moral responsibilities to stoically balance that dilemma with the realisation that others are battling to even have access to basic counselling and that, by using his fame to report treatment failure, his is inadvertently playing into the game-plan of those who would cut all funding for mental health, thereby allowing an escalation of the already shameful issue of homeless people with untreated mental health problems. Or he could go to Switzerland and terminate his life in a final act of existential control and defiance of societal norms. Or, he could retire......

It seems appropriate to disclose that I have recovered from serious mental distress and injury, having been anxious and agoraphobic which caused serious depression. However, as a victim and survivor of violent crime, I did not face any prejudice about my predicament. I am grateful that rich people like Morrissey continue to pay taxes in Britain to help fund public health care. I am grateful to the NHS. I am saddened that Margaret Dale could not be saved, and I hope that everything possible was done to try to save her. I also hope that Morrissey has loving friends and family who help him through recurring episodes of mental distress. There is nothing shameful about 'coming out' as either an active or recovered mental health patient. Your attempt to re-position me as a person of prejudice with regard to mental health is an EpicFAIL!

It's time to change attitudes towards mental health challenges. Morrissey has certainly contributed to that process. I wish him every possible blessing if or when he again experiences disempowering states of cognition and feeling. He might usefully join a campaign to further utiliise his moderate celebrity status to effect meaningful change:

http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/?gclid=CKiD84PGn7kCFQ_LtAodfQwAaQ

I trust this further reply is helpful to you
With every good wish.
Yours, in jubilo.

Last edited:
Oh no, you LOVE realitybites. You love her because she feeds off the idea that you find her interesting when actually you're just using her as a springboard to bounce your own longwinded ideas onto the mainpage-o-sphere. You could give a shit what she's yammering on about, in fact you must know it's all crap she's paraphrasing and sorta quoting from wikipedia and some other message board of "ideation" while throwing in a few "Ya"'s and "THat's a good observation" to make it sound like she's listening.

I don't 'love' 'realitybites'. And I don't love Morrissey. It would be inappropriate to love a screen-handle or a minor celebrity!

Please calm down. I am not using anyone and your speculations are both awry and unwelcome. I do not need your permission to post and have no interest in your interpretation of my motives for doing so. I am aware that you have unresolved issues with 'realitybites' and that she also finds interaction with you to be challenging. Again, I can only suggest that you both refrain from further inflammatory exchanges or, if that is unrealistic, that you create a 'realitybites vs crystal geezer WWF Smackdown thread' where you can enjoy this drama in privacy.

People make errors of taste and judgement, but people can reflect and move on. People can change. And if/when they do, it is not helpful to attempt to lock them into a previous iteration. Sometimes it is necessary to be judgemental when certain boundaries are trangressed, but it is also entirely apppropriate to move on and not allow toxic baggage from the past to constantly pre-programme our responses to people and situations. Of course, this applies to Morrissey as well! He has made egregious errors but he is also allowed to reflect, change and move on without being tied to his tastless lapses endlessly. Of course, that requires him to desist from further such lapses. Might I politely suggest that a way towards conflict resolution between you both is to agree to differ, to accept there are serious wounds from the past, but to either refrain from re-hashing them, or put each other on 'ignore'?

The ambience mood music of these threads has already changed in response to the self-exile of certain attention-seekers. My hope and expectation is that this site will move on from the acridity and emotional dysregulation in preparation for a new episode of Morrissey's career wherein he too, moves on from his seemingly intractable issues of anger and ill-will.

I trust this response is helpful to you.
With every good wish
Yours, in jubilo

Oh no, you're the victim! Call in the backup...wait, gotta log off.

PROBLEM IS...at the end of the day, it's kind of a lonely feeling when you realize nobody gives a shit about you but yourself? Isn't it? The illusion is fun, but the reality? Not so comforting. And so...play the only card you got left. Victim. Wah.

tumblr_ms60uz0nkU1so8vtpo1_400.gif

Is this you using Solo?

The whole point of suicide needing an assist, is that the person presumably is too physically incapable of doing the deed him/herself... and does not have access to the means--the drugs. The latter is the central point here. There is gatekeeping going on. Controlling the means--the drugs--is a way of deciding who gets to have a quick and painless death and who will have to resort to more gruesome methods. Bedridden, terminally ill persons have limited means. Most likely, death by hanging, gunshot, or jumping are not viable options. If they had a stockpile of barbiturates handy, no doctor would be necessary.

Doctor assisted suicide is overkill... an elaborately orchestrated drip of death. All the person really needs is a gram of one of the three major barbiturates (10-15 pills), an empty stomach, and an antiemetic suppository. Of course the drip may be the only option for persons who cannot swallow or stomach pills.

Hospice assists in death as well. It's called the ten day morphine drip. Morphine given in small doses shuts down the brain. The patients stop eating and drinking. They die of starvation. These patients would not die if not given the morphine. They could live for many more weeks or even months. Wouldn't one quick lethal dose of morphine be preferable? A quick and painless death from the drug and not lack of nourishment? Oh no, that would be murder. Please! Semantics. Give me the lethal dose if I am at death's door. Write me a prescription for the barbiturates so I have access to them when I need them. Because I am all for suicide when one is terminally ill or very old. Everybody should have a stockpile of barbiturates available in case they need them. Just be sure to check for expiration dates. May need to replace the old pills with new ones.

But in the case of a person suffering a crisis, suicide is not the solution. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Intervention is the solution. Put hope back in the depressed person's life. Do everything possible to help him/her see that there is even the tiniest possibility that they will not feel despondent in the future. Things may change. Many of the 26 persons who have jumped off the Golden Gate bridge and survived stated they regretted their decisions midair. And many, if not most, suicide survivors are glad they were not successful. Many go on to live more meaningful lives and never attempt suicide again.

Drugs are not the only way to kill yourself peacefully and without any splatter. There are other methods. Legal, cheap and as long as you have access to a credit card and a useful limb you can do the job in about a minute.

Besides, drugs that the average person has access to results in (mostly) painful and terrifying deaths. Have you ever seen someone who has taken paracetamol as a way to end it all? Possibly one of the worse ways to die in my opinion.

tumblr_ms60uz0nkU1so8vtpo1_400.gif

Is this you using Solo?

Pretty much. I'm shaking the brush and nobody is noticing there's a f***ing world war brewing in the bathroom but me and the dog.

Drugs are not the only way to kill yourself peacefully and without any splatter. There are other methods. Legal, cheap and as long as you have access to a credit card and a useful limb you can do the job in about a minute.

Besides, drugs that the average person has access to results in (mostly) painful and terrifying deaths. Have you ever seen someone who has taken paracetamol as a way to end it all? Possibly one of the worse ways to die in my opinion.

Please elaborate. Information should be free. I'll do a Google search in the meantime.

Back
Top Bottom