The Tea Party cover "Everyday Is Like Sunday"

Originally posted in the What song are you listening to right now? thread:

Description:

The Tea Party covering Morrissey's Everyday Is Like Sunday.
This is the official lyric video.

After releasing the cover version of Joy Division's Isolation, this is the second cover song recorded during the quarantine of 2020's Covid-19 pandemic. The band is currently finishing work on their new EP to be released later this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, two of our favorite artists/bands: The Tea Party and Morrissey. Never thought they'd intersect.

I didn't know this band...
I am not really in love with this version.
The music is perfect, though it is a literal version of the song... I guess that if someone made me listen to the instrumental version of this song, I may not even notice that it's a cover.

The singer... He is trying too hard to sing as a Morrissey impersonator and the result is a bit weird... He should learn from... Morrissey, who is great covering songs because he gets the point that the idea is not to become an impersonator if whatever singer he is covering.

Anyway, it's a good intention... With a not so good result.

Everyday is Ketamine Sun day!
Turkey Steppin' over pebbles and sand!

Did ya know... that Sun Ra and Morrissey were both born on May 22.

Both Gemini ! both are intergalactic travelers ! and both ... far forward!
:rock::cool:

I thought it was great,theres been some absolute dross over the years on here,covers wise.
tea party gets an 8/10 from the gordybhoy on a sunday morning with the sun shining through already.

this frontman has a touch of Peter Murphyitis, he should really go see a doctor about it.

The music is perfect, though it is a literal version of the song... I guess that if someone made me listen to the instrumental version of this song, I may not even notice that it's a cover.

The singer... He is trying too hard to sing as a Morrissey impersonator and the result is a bit weird... He should learn from... Morrissey, who is great covering songs because he gets the point that the idea is not to become an impersonator if whatever singer he is covering.

that is his voice/phrasing on all Tea Party songs. he's not really trying to do a morrissey impression although I see why you would say that.

that is his voice/phrasing on all Tea Party songs. he's not really trying to do a morrissey impression although I see why you would say that.

I simply meant that it sounded like a tribute band rather than a cover... the problem with tribute bands is that they can never make it better than the original version.
I know it's not a tribute band, but it sounded as if it was one... I think the general idea was "let's make the song sound exactly as Morrissey recorded it", which does not make a lot of sense (anyway, the music is perfect, if I have to judge the imitation, the musicians did the best replica possible... but it's just like painting a replica of the Mona Lisa nowadays... in the long run, it has no value, even if the experts have a hard time saying which one is the original and which one is the cover).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom