The transition period

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
There has been a lot of nappy spaffing from the high minded, highbrow, achingly earnest, handwringing, oh so liberal left wing metropolitan elite this last 24 hours over Sleepy senile Joe Bidens election victory in the USA.

But let's no forget in this country they lost - repeatedly - the big one. Brexit.

I just saw an advert on TV reminding business owners what they have to do regarding exports before Dec 31st. Just 52 short days to go until we reclaim our borders, control immigration (the wonderful Priti Patel is on it), make our own laws, strike our own trade deals & take back our waters.

And with our great leader Boris playing hardball, there is every chance of a great no-deal hard Brexit on the cards.

Wonderful. Let's see how much the lefties are cheering on Dec 31st.🖕🖕🖕

Bring on BREXIT🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I'm hoping maybe someone like @Stephen Hofmann might agree with me on this, he seems sensible. And I've not picked up on any of this neo-nazi shit he's been accused of either.

You won't be picking up on any nazzziiii shit either........because I'm not one and have no interest in anyone that worships at the alter of that mustachioed, evil monster. By-the-bye.......I have no faith in Patel or Boris anymore, with regard to almost anything. Boris has cocked up the Covid response and will, short of a miracle lose at the next election. As for Patel....she talks a good game but nothing ever happens.

I'd screenshot all of Stephen's posts where he disparaged black people & Muslims, supported Mark Collett of neo-Nazi group Patriotic Alternative & agreed with ReelFountain who thinks Jewish people secretly control the world, but since you both use the phrase rainbow nation, it probably isn't worth it.

Maybe Stephen is you, Reel & possibly Gash???

The intrigue.

Last edited by a moderator:
thinks Jewish people secretly control the world

It's not a secret. Maybe to you it is, but to anyone interested in looking at the world through honest eyes, it's fairly obviously out in the open.

Generally speaking I think Brexit creates a lot of big problems that will need to be solved. One is the issue that " Northern Ireland will continue to follow EU rules on agricultural and manufactured goods, while the rest of the UK will not.
Additionally, the whole of the UK will leave the EU's customs union but Northern Ireland will continue to enforce the EU's customs code at its ports."
But putting those things aside, just in a very general way I think it's probably a good idea.
I think it was made too much about immigration and the people that want to be free of EU restrictions were painted as racists, and it's about more than that to me.
The United Kingdom is already a complicated arrangement of individual nations. To make that further complicated by entering into the EU just seems like too much government in general to me.
Generally I would be on the same side politically as those who want to stay in the EU so it's possible that I just don't understand the issues well enough. I am generally on the Left. But I generally side with the Conservatives that less government is better government.
In this situation it just seems that the needs and goals of the individual members of the EU are too different and each one of these countries has its own history and culture that make a compromise that is best for all wind up being ideal for none.

Generally speaking I think Brexit creates a lot of big problems that will need to be solved. One is the issue that " Northern Ireland will continue to follow EU rules on agricultural and manufactured goods, while the rest of the UK will not.
Additionally, the whole of the UK will leave the EU's customs union but Northern Ireland will continue to enforce the EU's customs code at its ports."
But putting those things aside, just in a very general way I think it's probably a good idea.
I think it was made too much about immigration and the people that want to be free of EU restrictions were painted as racists, and it's about more than that to me.
The United Kingdom is already a complicated arrangement of individual nations. To make that further complicated by entering into the EU just seems like too much government in general to me.
Generally I would be on the same side politically as those who want to stay in the EU so it's possible that I just don't understand the issues well enough. I am generally on the Left. But I generally side with the Conservatives that less government is better government.
In this situation it just seems that the needs and goals of the individual members of the EU are too different and each one of these countries has its own history and culture that make a compromise that is best for all wind up being ideal for none.
i dont think high stakes international politics is really your thing. maybe just continue to post videos about telephones :thumb:

You won't be picking up on any nazzziiii shit either........because I'm not one and have no interest in anyone that worships at the alter of that mustachioed, evil monster. By-the-bye.......I have no faith in Patel or Boris anymore, with regard to almost anything. Boris has cocked up the Covid response and will, short of a miracle lose at the next election. As for Patel....she talks a good game but nothing ever happens.
I reckon it might be Rishi leading the party by then mate. But I’m on about Brexit, not COVID. But also, I don’t think you’re a nazi, just a realist. Like myself. But left wing cowards don’t realise that.

I'd screenshot all of Stephen's posts where he disparaged black people & Muslims, supported Mark Collett of neo-Nazi group Patriotic Alternative & agreed with ReelFountain who thinks Jewish people secretly control the world, but since you both use the phrase rainbow nation, it probably isn't worth it.

Maybe Stephen is you, Reel & possibly Gash???

The intrigue.
We both use the term rainbow nation because, whilst it’s a nice thought that that’s the world we live in, we don’t.

It’s not racist, it’s just realising the way things actually are.

We both use the term rainbow nation because, whilst it’s a nice thought that that’s the world we live in, we don’t.

It’s not racist, it’s just realising the way things actually are.

It's a South African term, he posts about South Africa a lot - not to mention he's got a Carry On photo on his social media.

I could imagine someone going slightly nuts living in drama-free Colchester & looking at the insanity of rolling news & the internet all day long.

It's a South African term, he posts about South Africa a lot - not to mention he's got a Carry On photo on his social media.

I could imagine someone going slightly nuts living in drama-free Colchester & looking at the insanity of rolling news & the internet all day long.
Well I didn’t know it was a SA term, it’s not the context I use it in.

What’s wrong with the Carry On films? I started a thread on that very subject yesterday!

And once & for all, I only have 1 account. I’m quite happy to say anything I want to say under this username.

Well I didn’t know it was a SA term, it’s not the context I use it in.

What’s wrong with the Carry On films? I started a thread on that very subject yesterday!

And once & for all, I only have 1 account. I’m quite happy to say anything I want to say under this username.

Where did you hear it? It's not used about the UK, it would cause too much in-fighting with LGBT++++++++++

That was my point - you're incredibly similar.

You are saying everything under your username. You'll be running out of topics soon. 😁

Where did you hear it? It's not used about the UK, it would cause too much in-fighting with LGBT++++++++++

That was my point - you're incredibly similar.

You are saying everything under your username. You'll be running out of topics soon. 😁
Just in newspapers over here, it’s just a term I’ve picked up.

Well, I may as well make hay while the sun shines. Furlough gives you plenty of free time😂

When I say over here, sorry I seem to assume you don’t live in the UK, I may be wrong.

I am in the UK - & it's very rarely if ever used in UK newspapers outside of an article about South Africa. How you would pick up the phrase without picking up the South African association is another mystery.

Back
Top Bottom