Things just ain't what they used to be!

Ah good old free milk! They give free fruit and vegetables at my son's school..not sure if they do it everywhere but they didn't when my daughter was at junior school.

I am a teaching assistant at primary and the children do get free fruit but only in Key Stage One (up to age 7)...after that nothing! They are always pleased when it's bananas or satsuma's...not so pleased when it's tomotoes or carrotts...but we don't get to choose...it's a "like it or lump it" situation! :rolleyes:

So sad about the milk though...nothing like a little bottle of warmish milk in the morning!...when I was a nipper it was the highlight of the day no question! :)

Love Alma xxx

I used to do that too!...there was a real knack to hitting the PLAY and RECORD button at exactly the same time wasn't there dear?! And if you managed to stop it before the DJ spoke over the track it felt like bloody Christmas!:blushing:

Oh...and bring back the ice-cream man...he doesn't come round our way anymore...MIND THAT CHILD! :)

Love Alma xxx
:lbf:

Glad i'm not the only one on here that remembers stuff like that:o

Oh and bring back Top Of The Pop's...but none of this bloody Friday night marlarky...I want it back on Thursday night where it jolly well ought to be! :thumb:

Love Alma xxx

Steve Wright's Mr Angry was good.:lbf:

I remember recording the Top 40 on a Sunday night on this little cassette player!!:o:DAnd thinking how "state of the art" it was!!:lbf:

God I feel old now.;)

My cubs would laugh at me if I told them I used to do that...they would never get how fun waiting for the top 40 every week used to be.

What about when teen mags were innocent like Jackie and No1?

Tips on how to snog and look good in your flares.:lbf:

did you do that with John Peel as well? I did

I think they still sell them up in scotland.

Very good joke

Look In....anyone?

I loved Look In!:eek:

And Smash Hits and Blue Jeans

And Photo Love under the covers :o:lbf:

Wow Look In!! Used to buy Match, Shoot and Roy of the Rovers too :lbf:

Did you do the Panini sticker books too? I did!

I remember being pleased as punch when I FINALLY got Kevin Keegan in my World Cup one!..or maybe it was Emlyn Hughes?...or Stanley Matthews! :o

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom