Things just ain't what they used to be!

You could buy a pair of shoes at age 10 and they'd last you until you were 90, and they'd adjust through the years to the size of your feet and you'd the get the Iron Cross each decade, and you'd be able to solely eat Bovril and dripping without out gaining an ounce, and be able to let your kids stay out 'till 5am, and you'd be able to say racist/sexist/bigoted things to anyone and no-one would bat an eyelid.

Now the world is full of fat, scruffy paedophiles. Grrr.

Solo just aint what it used to be. Why is it different now?

I used to like it when shops didn't open on Sunday's...when kid's weren't allowed in pubs...when you could stand at the football...when people didn't phone you trying to sell you stuff like double glazing....when food in resturants wasn't all poncey and actually filled you up...when we had free school milk...when kids could play outside safely and weren't surgically attached to a Nintendo DS...when the seasons didn't all merge into one because of global warming....when you didn't have to remortgage your house to afford to go to the dentist....when celebrities actually earned their status...etc etc! :o

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
When you could cross the road safely without getting mown down by boyracers playing N-Dubz at a zillion decibels.

When sitting in a muddy field with a picnic was classed as a family day out instead of spending a thousand pounds at Alton towers.:rolleyes:

When Jim'll fixed it for You.:thumb:

Country has gon' to the bleedin' dogs!

I was thinking that the other night when I went to the polling station....how nice it would be to feel that somebody was actually deserving of my vote...had really earned it...and to have confidence that they might actually make a difference!

It's sad that you find yourself voting based on who you don't want (a kind of anti-vote!) instead of for somebody that you actually think will change things! :o

(I also think they should bring back Black Beauty to Sunday tea times for me and Ghostie!:))

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Bring back Dave Lee Travis and his Love Stories.:lbf:Nothing like a hairy cornflake in the morning.

Bring back Dave Lee Travis and his Love Stories.:lbf:Nothing like a hairy cornflake in the morning.

And that afternoon one with Simon Bates...at college we used to huddle round the common room radio for that...hankies at the ready! :o I think it was called OUR TUNE or something like that!

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
And that afternoon one with Simon Bates...at college we used to huddle round the common room radio for that...hankies at the ready! :o

Love Alma xxx

Yes Simon Bates!I remember him!

Radio's just not that cheesy anymore....:(

*SINGS "IT'S NOT THAT CHEESY ANYMORE" TO THE TUNE OF "IT'S NOT YOUR BIRTHDAY ANYMORE"*

Sad innit!...bring back the CHEESE to our airwaves! :thumb:

Love Alma xxx

Steve Wright's Mr Angry was good.:lbf:

I remember recording the Top 40 on a Sunday night on this little cassette player!!:o:DAnd thinking how "state of the art" it was!!:lbf:

God I feel old now.;)

Steve Wright's Mr Angry was good.:lbf:

I remember recording the Top 40 on a Sunday night on this little cassette player!!:o:DAnd thinking how "state of the art" it was!!:lbf:

God I feel old now.;)

I used to do that too!...there was a real knack to hitting the PLAY and RECORD button at exactly the same time wasn't there dear?! And if you managed to stop it before the DJ spoke over the track it felt like bloody Christmas!:blushing:

Oh...and bring back the ice-cream man...he doesn't come round our way anymore...MIND THAT CHILD! :)

Love Alma xxx

Boy, the way Glenn Miller played
Songs that made the Hit Parade
Guys like us, we had it made
Those were the days

Didn't need no welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee, our old La Salle ran great
Those were the days

And you knew where you were then
Girls were girls, and men were men
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

People seemed to be content
Fifty dollars paid the rent
Freaks were in a circus tent
Those were the days

Take a little Sunday spin
Go to watch the Dodgers win
Have yourself a dandy day that cost you under a fin

Hair was short and skirts were long
Kate Smith really sold a song
I just don't know what went wrong
Those were the days

I used to like it when shops didn't open on Sunday's...when kid's weren't allowed in pubs...when you could stand at the football...when people didn't phone you trying to sell you stuff like double glazing....when food in resturants wasn't all poncey and actually filled you up...when we had free school milk...when kids could play outside safely and weren't surgically attached to a Nintendo DS...when the seasons didn't all merge into one because of global warming....when you didn't have to remortgage your house to afford to go to the dentist....when celebrities actually earned their status...etc etc! :o

Love Alma xxx

Ah good old free milk! They give free fruit and vegetables at my son's school..not sure if they do it everywhere but they didn't when my daughter was at junior school.

Back
Top Bottom