This is why I f**king hate Amazon

A

Anonymous

Amazon increase the price of items that they sell for no reason.

Stephen Malkmus - Traditional Techniques - CD preorder was £10.

The album now costs £11.13 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Traditiona...=music&sprefix=Stephen+malkmus,aps,182&sr=1-2

I'll check later today, but I can guarantee you that the price will change.

Amazon change the price of items based on some arbitrary bullshit in their program. If I had to guess, I'd say the more popular an item sold by Amazon, the more it increases. Then it'll decrease when orders start to slip. But that's a guess based on some arbitrary bullshit that I just made up? Just like Amazon's arbitrary bullshit!

But if you walk into a shop, the price remains the same. Unless they have sales or offers.

Is nobody else f***ed off by this?

As this is Morrissey Solo, we'll watch the price of Morrissey's album change in price!

Atm, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain costs £9.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Am-Not-D...words=Morrissey&qid=1583461685&s=music&sr=1-1

We'll have to wait until release day to see the change in price. It'll probably change at 00:01 for no f***ing reason!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If a CD going up in price by a whopping £1.13 makes you angry enough to write a forum post about it, I would humbly suggest you quit whatever job you currently have, and get a better paying one.

I've found the same price movement thing...but what I do I add the item I want to my wish-list in the amazon app, then monitor it for a few days or weeks or whatever and strike when price drops. Not guaranteed to always work but it's certainly worth trying if you're tight on funds. I wouldn't be worried about a £1.13 increase though by obv ymmv.

If a CD going up in price by a whopping £1.13 makes you angry enough to write a forum post about it, I would humbly suggest you quit whatever job you currently have, and get a better paying one.

Well done on missing the point!

I've also seen cd box sets increase by £20+. And it isn't just cds. Everything sold by Amazon increases in price for no reason.

Also, the album is now £11.35! So that's an increase of £1.35 for no reason.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've found the same price movement thing...but what I do I add the item I want to my wish-list in the amazon app, then monitor it for a few days or weeks or whatever and strike when price drops. Not guaranteed to always work but it's certainly worth trying if you're tight on funds. I wouldn't be worried about a £1.13 increase though by obv ymmv.

If you buy a load of records on a regular basis it adds up. But yeah, £1.13 by itself is nothing. But if you go skipping down the road to your favourite drug record dealer and buy an album, it'll be the same price when I come skipping along.

Back
Top Bottom