@Tom Bidwell please f**k off, thanks

A

Anonymous

"Sherlock Holmes TV series – with a twist – in the works at Netflix
What if the detective wasn't the one solving crimes?

Netflix has a new Sherlock Holmes series in the works – yes, we know, another one, but this version will show a very different side to the famous detective.

Titled The Irregulars, the series will focus on a group of street urchins who solve crimes for Holmes while he takes the credit. They are based on the Baker Street Irregulars boys, who feature in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books as intelligence agents for Holmes.

The script is being penned by Oscar-nominated writer Tom Bidwell, who most recently worked on the upcoming Watership Down adaptation, which will air as two feature-length episodes on BBC One on Saturday, December 22 and Sunday, December 23 and will be distributed internationally by Netflix.

Speaking to BBC Writersroom, Bidwell said: "Sherlock Holmes [in Conan Doyle's books] had a group of street kids he'd use to help him gather clues, so our series is what if Sherlock was a drug addict and a delinquent and the kids solve the whole case whilst he takes credit?

"It's my dream project and my oldest idea (I've been pitching it for 10 years). Netflix are incredibly supportive for our vision for the show, and it's allowing us to be very ambitious with the way we're telling our stories."

Bidwell added that he "couldn't be more thrilled" to be working on the show with production company Drama Republic, the same team he worked with on E4's My Mad Fat Diary."
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a25652557/sherlock-holmes-tv-series-netflix/

What a terrible f***ing idea. No wonder the dick has been pitching that crap for 10 years.

So basically, it’s the last decade of Doctor Who...

Back
Top Bottom