Tomorrows World - Virtual Morrissey

nothingwrongwithme

My Heart Goes PiffPafPoff
With all the furore regarding Michael Jackson, it has got me thinking about a future without Morrissey performing live. (unthinkable, I know) but if it were somehow possible, with technology, in this modern world and beyond, I and my children, (and my possible future grandchildren :)) decided they would still love to see Morrissey in all his glory performing ‘live’ no matter what.

If it were possible, with modern technology, as in, any concerts etc that have been captured on video, tv, etc to be somehow virtually superimposed on a stage - do you think you or any of your future children or any new, younger fans be happy with a virtual concert if there was no chance whatsoever of seeing your hero ‘live’.

I think it would be amazing, and for artists that are no longer with us, I would love to see an early concert by Buddy Holly, Sex Pistols, Roy Orbison and Hendrix... and that’s just for starters!

With all the furore regarding Michael Jackson, it has got me thinking about a future without Morrissey performing live. (unthinkable, I know) but if it were somehow possible, with technology, in this modern world and beyond, I and my children, (and my possible future grandchildren :)) decided they would still love to see Morrissey in all his glory performing ‘live’ no matter what.

If it were possible, with modern technology, as in, any concerts etc that have been captured on video, tv, etc to be somehow virtually superimposed on a stage - do you think you or any of your future children or any new, younger fans be happy with a virtual concert if there was no chance whatsoever of seeing your hero ‘live’.

I think it would be amazing, and for artists that are no longer with us, I would love to see an early concert by Buddy Holly, Sex Pistols, Roy Orbison and Hendrix... and that’s just for starters!

..No offense, but I think that'd be kinda stupid..It'd be like watching a vid on youtube, which I can do in the comfort of my own home without paying..

I'm with you, it would be simply fantastic. I hope technology gets there soon. A 3-D hologram experience or something, set in a concert hall, or possibly VR-goggles in your own home. However, I think it would feel extremely strange in the initial phase if the artist is dead.

..No offense, but I think that'd be kinda stupid..It'd be like watching a vid on youtube, which I can do in the comfort of my own home without paying..

None taken.. but i would not be watching from a tv screen at home, I would be there in person watching with lots of other fans, and there would be nothing else Morrissey live on offer ever! I am thinking outside the square on this one.

I'm with you, it would be simply fantastic. I hope technology gets there soon. A 3-D hologram experience or something, set in a concert hall, or possibly VR-goggles in your own home. However, I think it would feel extremely strange in the initial phase if the artist is dead.

HOLOGRAM - that was te word that eluded me- now you know what I mean!

None taken.. but i would not be watching from a tv screen at home, I would be there in person watching with lots of other fans, and there would be nothing else Morrissey live on offer ever! I am thinking outside the square on this one.

>shrugs< it just seems that you'd be paying to be in a venue surrounded by vociferous annoying yobs and the only consolation is seeing not-Morrissey. Something that happened in the past. 3D or not, due to most every gig he's ever played being available in bootleg form somewhere on the internet, we'd know what he'd sing, what he'd say, and the audience-performer interaction would be drastically obliterated. "Moz" would be playing to a crowd from the past, not those currently at the venue. :blushing:
I'm really sorry I'm jumping down your throat about this, mate :)

>shrugs< it just seems that you'd be paying to be in a venue surrounded by vociferous annoying yobs and the only consolation is seeing not-Morrissey. Something that happened in the past. 3D or not, due to most every gig he's ever played being available in bootleg form somewhere on the internet, we'd know what he'd sing, what he'd say, and the audience-performer interaction would be drastically obliterated. "Moz" would be playing to a crowd from the past, not those currently at the venue. :blushing:

Exactly. You wouldn't be able to get a handshake or invade the stage. It wouldn't be the same.

Has anyone seen any 3D concert movies? Didn't U2 make one?

Last edited:

I am not offended in any way whatsoever about your observations.. I just wanted to see others oppinions. As I said I am looking outside the square on this one. I would certainly pay for something like this if there was abs. no other way of seeing an artist you admire hugely, but obviously others would not.

I think it would just depress me, honestly. Because he'd be dead, and we'd all know it wasn't really him on stage, you know?

I feel stage invasions and crowd interaction are what make a Morrissey concert special. With the holograms, it wouldn't feel the same. It wouldn't be the same.

I dunno, what if the hologram came to life and started ranting about how to properly make tea?
I think I'd wait until the bugs got worked out and the home-holodeck version got released, so I could hit it with my baseball bat if it started humanizing.

Some funny and serious comments guys. Thanks for your opinions.

For me though, if I am lucky enough to still be here (as M still has at least another 20 + performing years left with THAT VOICE surely) as opposed to me prob 'peeforming' at that age, I would like technology to have moved forward enough that others can somehow capture the experience that was feeling and seeing him perform.
Anyway thats my feelings.

Back
Top Bottom