Tour not sold out yet: credit crunch, lack of publicity or...?

Jose

No way...
Looking at Seetickets they have tickets available for most gigs.
I remember the 30+ tour dates in 2006 selling out in less than 20 minutes or so.
So what's going on? People buying less tickets because of the credit crunch? Has there been a lack of publicity? The tour is not featured on the homepages of both Ticketmaster and Seetickets like previous tours.
Or is there something else going on? :confused:

What's everyone's take on this?

I noticed that too. Maybe they simply withheld tix to wind people up?

If you click on "order" for Liverpool, Birminham, Great Yarmouth, Hartlepool and Salisburys they are all showing sold out... for now. Not bad for a first day of sales. So, if they are really sold out we've got a total of 8 venues sold out. He's still amazingly popular :)

I wish they had released all dates and tickets at once. Last friday was mental because no-one could tell if there were going to be more gigs in UK or not. I had a hell of a hard time to get two seats at RAH and seems like the touts got hold of all good seats while mine is almost in hyde park. Maybe it would be different if people had more choices from the start. At least I'll be inside I know, but I'm still very annoyed that touts and ebay have better seats than I do... :(

i poste last week about a dozen times there was no need for panic or buying tickets for stupid prices on fleabay. it's piss easy getting briefs for morrissey gigs, whether it's prior or on the day. what a difference a few days make;)

Interesting, I queued up for tickets today thinking they'd sell pretty quickly but there's still some available. The queue wasn't that long either. I think its maybe a mixture of what you've said. They've not been publicised all that well, I only found out through this site, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else bar a small piece in a local paper. As for the credit crunch, everyone's got less cash than they did a few years ago and maybe its not the best time to sell these things, just before christmas and all. But maybe we're speaking too soon, after all they've only been on sale for about six hours. I think thery'll all have gone in the next few days, if not today

Although tickets are showing up as available, when I went to get a couple of Cambridge ones just for the hell of it after I put in my credit card details it then said there was an availability issue and I couldn't buy any. So they could well be all sold out anyway.

i reckon the touts will get a pasting on this tour, watch with undisguised glee as ebay prices tumble...

I hope so. It really frustrates me that we have a hard time trying to buy tickets because we fear the touts will buy them all. I think i'd rather miss the show than pay twice the face value to tout.

The only reason touts make any money out of Morrissey is because a lot of his fans are naive about buying tickets and start panic buying. If you wait until nearer the time you see all the prices come down on ebay. I got a ticket on ebay for the last night of the Palladium for only a fiver over the asking price and that was one of the most popular gigs of the 2006 tour.

The only reason touts make any money out of Morrissey is because a lot of his fans are naive about buying tickets and start panic buying. If you wait until nearer the time you see all the prices come down on ebay. I got a ticket on ebay for the last night of the Palladium for only a fiver over the asking price and that was one of the most popular gigs of the 2006 tour.

:clap:i've said that all along. i decided to go the lowry on the night and got one outsied for a tenner;)

The only gig I can see where touts will make any real money is the Manchester 50th. Even then, the crunch might be much worse come May.

If you click on them on the Seetickets site it actually says sold out on a lot of the venues. Will take a few days to settle down I think.

Where is still says "Tickets available", when you try & buy them, it then says SOLD OUT.

....Also, Christmas is a bad time. This tour was announced 1 week ago??
A lot of people just haven't got an extra £100-£200 to spend at this time of the year.

....Also, Christmas is a bad time. This tour was announced 1 week ago??
A lot of people just haven't got an extra £100-£200 to spend at this time of the year.

i'm quite pissed off the way the gigs were announced followed by the ticket selling arrangements:(

There's some total tosser on eBay selling a pair of tickets for Birmingham at a buy-it-now price of £399. Don't these scumbags make you sick.
He should be stunned with a ball of his own shit!

There's some total tosser on eBay selling a pair of tickets for Birmingham at a buy-it-now price of £399. Don't these scumbags make you sick.
He should be stunned with a ball of his own shit!

your right but those who buy are just as bad. tickets will surface as always;)

I went to see Morrissey at the SECC in 2006 and 2007. The first gig was sold out, the second wasn't and it was very clear that it hadn't just by looking around the place.

I'm not sure why though? I bought two Barrowland tickets (first night) this morning, and it sold out by 9.59am so there is a core group of avid Morrissey fans.

Back
Top Bottom