Morrissey Central "TROUBLE LOVES ME" (April 3, 2021)

Isn’t Charmless Man a disparaging song about Morrissey?
I highly doubt that. The lyrics doesn’t match him at all.

So, I again ask: what ‘horrible’ things has Damon really said about Moz?

I've found nothing apart from mild disclaimers, which at the height of a demonisation counts as support.

20210405_160011.jpg

I've found nothing apart from mild disclaimers, which at the height of a demonisation counts as support.

View attachment 70567

That fact that he calls him "St*v*n" is repulsive, but he's repeatedly stated in recent years that he tried to coax Morrissey into working with him, so... 🤷🏻‍♀️

That fact that he calls him "St*v*n" is repulsive, but he's repeatedly stated in recent years that he tried to coax Morrissey into working with him, so... 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't think it occurs to them that Morrissey seems to have some dysphoria about his name. They think he's being fancy.

But Damon didn't need to tell anecdotes about wanting to work with the UK's most evil white supremacist - so I think he was trying to help.

I found a cute picture of Morrissey in a puddle while hunting for Charmless Man stories.

tumblr_5d015414a61ff967291b7d12d4288b4c_1914426c_1280.jpg

View attachment 70567
That’s the only one I can think of as well. Very mild, indeed. He could have stuck the boot in, but didn’t. And he only spoke of Moz because the NME guy brought him up.
Repulsive is a bit harsh. But yeah, he wanted Moz to sing on the latest or second to latest Gorillaz album, but all that came of it was a couple of funny emails, apparently.

So I think it’s safe to say that the idea that Damon Albarn has said horrible things about Moz is just ill informed rumour mongering. He might not have approved of Moz’ (then) support of For Britain, but then again, who did?

I don't think it occurs to them that Morrissey seems to have some dysphoria about his name. They think he's being fancy.

Of course it doesn't occur to them. Mark Gill, who made England Is Mine, initially thought it was a good idea to call the film Steven.
Personally, I do find it repulsive though and at the very least it's disrespectful, but that's just me.

Last edited:
Do you have a photo of Spice Girl Geri Halliwell's union jack dress with the peace sign at the back?

She even wore different versions of it later

image (1).jpeg

back

Geri-Haliwell-Spice-Girls-Back-Of-Union-Jack-Dress-_640x800.jpg

e301915ea0c8587bf195da620b2532f0.jpg

spice-girls-10.jpg

“I think he'd like to have been Ronnie Kray
But then nature didn't make him that way”

“I think he'd like to have been Ronnie Kray
But then nature didn't make him that way”
That’s honestly the only bit that could be inspired by Moz. The repeated bits about expensive wines, expensive education and being overly chatty don’t match Morrissey in the slightest.

Of course it doesn't occur to them. Mark Gill, who made England Is Mine, initially thought it was a good idea to call the film Steven.
Personally, I do find it repulsive though and at the very least it's disrespectful, but that's just me.
To be fair, he was Steven before he was Morrissey. And he was Steven during the time the film was set.

To be fair, he was Steven before he was Morrissey. And he was Steven during the time the film was set.

I could go on about how I don't believe that the name his parents happened to give him has any significance in terms of who he is or became, and why I think it's inappropriate to name the film after it, even if he still went by that name at the time, but that's not the topic of the thread.

Again, not surprisingly though, high intensity Morrissey-arselicking is going on here. I'm not one of those who think of Alain with dew-y eyes, but he definitely saved Morrissey in 1992/1994. What could have been, should have been doesn't make sense. Yes, he might have achieved the same with other musicians but he didn't. He did with Whyte. Just like, if your wife takes care of you when you're ill, it's nonsense to say "yeah, any other woman would have done the same, had she been my wife". Possibly. It just shows again Morrissey's incapability to acknowledge others' influence. Which is again, nothing new.

Again, not surprisingly though, high intensity Morrissey-arselicking is going on here. I'm not one of those who think of Alain with dew-y eyes, but he definitely saved Morrissey in 1992/1994. What could have been, should have been doesn't make sense. Yes, he might have achieved the same with other musicians but he didn't. He did with Whyte. Just like, if your wife takes care of you when you're ill, it's nonsense to say "yeah, any other woman would have done the same, had she been my wife". Possibly. It just shows again Morrissey's incapability to acknowledge others' influence. Which is again, nothing new.

What are you dribbling about? He didn't diss Alain's work, he moved on to work with other musicians.

What are you dribbling about? He didn't diss Alain's work, he moved on to work with other musicians.
I referred to some previous posts where it was debated that Morrissey didn't owe as much to Whyte as vice versa. Also, if not surprisingly, the top arse-licker replied first: how not contacting Morrissey upon Sinatra / Faithfull covering Morrissey songs is an "insult"?? For all we know, Alain might have jumped up and down for days, he just didn't brag about it or contacted Morrissey. So what? Does Morrissey contacts Marr every time someone cover aa Smiths song?

I referred to some previous posts where it was debated that Morrissey didn't owe as much to Whyte as vice versa. Also, if not surprisingly, the top arse-licker replied first: how not contacting Morrissey upon Sinatra / Faithfull covering Morrissey songs is an "insult"?? For all we know, Alain might have jumped up and down for days, he just didn't brag about it or contacted Morrissey. So what? Does Morrissey contacts Marr every time someone cover aa Smiths song?

Morrissey had already established himself, that does mean he has more choices than someone breaking in.

He wasn't feeling appreciated so he moved on.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom