Troy Tate Rehearsal (Pablo Cuckoo)

Just when you thing there is nothing left in the bag, out pops this gem of a find. Thank you to David A and Bellapintura for being so good as to upload and share.

I love the rawness of it. Morrissey's singing style was there right from the beginning. Never really changing over the years, although very drawn out words.

Poor old Simon Goddard will now have to be busy editing "Mozpedia".

"Nice little gem"? Talk about an understatement. This is fantastic. Utterly fantastic.

I'd love to see the ghosts of memories rush across Morrissey's face as he listened to these today. Superb, superb.

awesome stuff

this was my initial thought, would certainly be interesting.

if he isn't aware of this yet it may well find its way to him after being posted here :rolleyes:

can someone kindly upload this as an Mp3, please?

Amidst all the current gloom on here, along comes this amazing recording. This really has made my day. I bet The Ritz gig was recorded as well. Brilliant.

I loved this. Thanks to Hipster Disco uploading it on You Tube. The "Sound Check" he posted was brilliant. The man is a treasure trove of Smiths' goodies. And it totally made my day!

I wonder if it is Mike, Andy or Grant Showbiz who is behind the release of this?

Anyone who was in their school band in the 80's will recognise the compressed raw sound of the tape machine plonked in the middle of the floor. Superb.

These Things Take Time in itself is simply fantastic. Goose bumps.

Reel around the fountain, love it. many thanks DavidA and Bella.

Those songs are the highlights of this set and it's nice to have a studio recording (well, kind of) of the earliest version of These Things Take Time. And Mike's drum intro is f***ing killer; even better than when they recorded for Tate. I wish they'd have kept that for the Porter sessions.

can someone kindly upload this as an Mp3, please?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ovwvh

Yes, excellent!! It's hard to believe there are still "new"recordings. I loved this, it is overused but it was so "raw" and quite beautiful;)

Wow... just great. Is almost everything a touch slower?
The first part of the vocals on I Don't Owe You... almost remind me of a higher register Jim Morrison or something. Very different feel.

Haters using this uncovered gem to slam the Morrissey of today but hearing this very early passion makes me appreciate his longevity and independence even more. The recent gigs were excellent until his body forced him to pack it in. We will all suffer a physical demise.
But I believe Morrissey will be back with a renewed ferocity.

These are wonderful. Next up: hopefully someone coughs up "I Want a Boy for My Birthday."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom