TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

Boulder - true-to-you.net
15 November 2016

Gustavo Manzur collapsed and was hospitalized two hours before the band were due on stage at Boulder in Colorado. Morrissey made an on stage announcement and the sell-out crowd were greatly understanding and supportive. Gustavo is recuperating today. Doctors have advised one week of rest.

Gustavo and the band are determined to make the shows at Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago.

Photograph below is by Mando Lopez.

39404_img_0400.jpg

UPDATE 9:30 PM PT:

The three Texas dates are cancelled as posted in the comments by those who received notice from the promoters.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to Gustavo !

Get well soon Gustavo, take all the time you need. Oh yes ! :rolleyes: Make sure to read over your contract with regards to sickness pay :thumbsup:. I trust you do have a contract ? Lessons should surely have been learned from the past but you never know. :highfive:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Having managed over 20 years of successfully touring without one (from the Smiths all the way up to the 2002 solo tour) I find it odd to be living in a world where Morrissey can no longer even manage to do a few shows without a keyboard player, but there ya go. Fingers crossed they can be rescheduled and people don't miss out too much.

San Antonio Show is also cancelled. They sent out emails to those who purchased online. Sucks

Here's to a fast recovery, Gustavo. Even though a lot of people seem to not like it, I thought you singing on "Speedway" and "World Peace" a couple nights ago in Reno when I saw you guys was a beautiful moment. Take your time, get well.

Morrissey has cancelled many shows for some bogus sounding reasons, this is not one of them. It was also very decent of him to go out and address the crowd.

I hope Gustavo gets well soon.He adds so much to Morrissey`s band.

It is a bit silly of people to think that Moz & the band could just get on with the show and perform without Gustav. All the countless hours of rehearsal WITH GUSTAV to just come out with a show on the night that features no keyboards, piano, acoustic guitar or samples is a bit ridiculous.

If they could do a show without him he would have no place in the band.

Get well Gustav

It is a bit silly of people to think that Moz & the band could just get on with the show and perform without Gustav. All the countless hours of rehearsal WITH GUSTAV to just come out with a show on the night that features no keyboards, piano, acoustic guitar or samples is a bit ridiculous.

If they could do a show without him he would have no place in the band.

Get well Gustav
Not to mention your friend just collapsed backstage minutes before. It would be kind of insensitive to go on like nothing happened. I doubt they knew how serious it was at that point.

I hope he gets well very soon... but what the hell really happened to him?? :eek: Anybody knows? Why did he collapse? Too much stress or what? o_O

I hope he gets well very soon... but what the hell really happened to him?? :eek: Anybody knows? Why did he collapse? Too much stress or what? o_O

Kidney stone, apparently. So unless they fix the issue right now an attack could flare up at any time.

If it is indeed kidney stones, then Gustavo's FB post is overly dramatic. I've had a kidney stone before. It was, admittedly, agony. But reading his drivel, you'd think he'd contracted all of the world's diseases at once.

Note to Gustavo !

Get well soon Gustavo, take all the time you need. Oh yes ! :rolleyes: Make sure to read over your contract with regards to sickness pay :thumbsup:. I trust you do have a contract ? Lessons should surely have been learned from the past but you never know. :highfive:

Oh Benny, what happened to you? You used to be funny. I used to look forward to your posts...but now... my God you are boring? Skinny may rile people, but at least he usually has something interesting to say...everything you post is meaningless because it is so dull, repetitious and inane. Perhaps it is time you moved on?

does anyone have a link to gustavo's facebook page? i looked for it but couldn't find :(

Morrissey has cancelled many shows for some bogus sounding reasons, this is not one of them. It was also very decent of him to go out and address the crowd.
Very impressive. Could it be Morrissey is finally realizing you can't treat people like crap. Nothing recent about David T and Kate, or a TTY special news statement on Meghan so maybe he's letting it go. Good thing too because unresolved issue's only gets worse as you get older.

Note to Gustavo !

You could not resist to drop the turd in the punch.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom