TTY chart hints

This is screaming -"Look, I f***ed up the tour, but I'm still worth that second album of the deal - I mean, Ed Sheeran - flavour of the month! Come on!"

The danger is that if he doesn't perform, chart-wise, this looks silly. Pride before a fall and all that. I hope he does get the chart success he craves. But don't count them chickens.

P.

Last edited:
I can't believe he posted what his competition is. Unbelievable.

That should do the trick! Is Ed Sheeran still popular with the masses...? I hope not.

He played a promotional show outside my office a few weeks ago, and the crowd (mostly tourists—midtown Manhattan) to see him was absolutely bonkers. People were losing their minds.

That should do the trick! Is Ed Sheeran still popular with the masses...? I hope not.

Probably more than Morrissey...

I also don't imagine he has to worry about half his customer's pre-orders being cancelled or delayed.

Forget the supermarkets, Ed Sheeran made his success via the download generation.

He played a promotional show outside my office a few weeks ago, and the crowd (mostly tourists—midtown Manhattan) to see him was absolutely bonkers. People were losing their minds.

I can't imagine Ed Sheeran fans have minds ... let alone the ability to lose 'em! :lbf:

Last edited:
(helpful how-to chart)

Morrissey's World Peace is None Of Your Business is available in the UK on Monday (July 14) - true-to-you.net
11 July 2014
Morrissey's World Peace is None Of Your Business is available in the UK on Monday (July 14) as standard CD, deluxe CD and also LP. Morrissey's strongest competition for a high UK chart entry is Ed Sheeran.
Chart return shops in the UK are HMV, Tesco, Morrisons and Asda, sales from which all contribute to chart positions

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for hmv , there was an article in the telegraph how we are back as a profitable company , essential and relevant to the record companies and through instore signings / performances can be the difference between a number one or not. Ed sheeran has been out for 4 weeks now , so sales have slowed on it now but it is still our bestseller ( it sold more than the rest of the top40 combined week of release ). About 2 months ago i spoke to boz on facebook about sounding out if moz would fancy doing a few instore signings the week of release ..... london , manchester , etc etc . I got back a polite but blunt " not my department " ... i dont know if he even asked moz or not but you would think that if he is this bothered about getting number 1 he would consider it .... say mon , wed , fri ... you could do a fair bit of damage and he would have def jumped the gingerwonderkid . Hopefully the blanket brill reviews will do the job anyway , and we dont know if he is still ill but a bit of effort on promotion would surely have helped .

That would help explain why it seems that only HMV are getting the 10" vinyl
How many will buy it at the supermarkets I don't know
Ordered mine from Amazon so not sure if that will count

Re Ed Sheeran whether you like him or not he plays the "game "
He's been omnipresent on BBC MTV etc helping to widen his appeal
Moz certainly seems to be going for the less is more re interviews etc

Morrissey's comment is obviously tongue-in-cheek and intentionally meant to be funny. Sure, he'd like a good chart position...but, c'mon, people! Some of you think he posted this on TTY to offset his US tour cancellation? What is wrong with you.

Morrissey's comment is obviously tongue-in-cheek and intentionally meant to be funny. Sure, he'd like a good chart position...but, c'mon, people! Some of you think he posted this on TTY to offset his US tour cancellation? What is wrong with you.

You seriously think he doesn't care about how this album does in the charts? Nonsense. He meant every word of this. Most sincerely.

P.

He definitely cares how it charts. Have you read “Autobiography” at all?

I don’t even know who or what Ed Sheeran is?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom