TTY: Warner UK - account not sanctioned by Morrissey

Warner UK - true-to-you.net
6 April 2016

A Smiths/Morrissey Google alerts/Twitter account has been opened by Warner UK. Morrissey would like to stress that this account has not been sanctioned by him and has no connection to him. Follow it at your peril.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart goes out to Morrissey. It must be hell dealing with both corporate and individual scrounges. All riding on his God given talent. Let alone the haters that exist here!

Totally agree :clap: Anyway, we all know that those who love him are many, many more than the few resentful haters...

Translation.

Morrissey sold his publishing and mechanical rights to The Smiths many years ago to pay legal costs in relation to his absurd attempt to deny Mike Joyce his rightful compensations. Or they were siezed by the courts in lieu of unpaid legal bills after he f***ed off to California to nurture his latest Victim Script. Thus, any further royalties from 'The Smiths' other than as a live reunion band will go towards paying for Morrissey's past delusional attempts to disguise his venal devotion to money, not Art. None of this diminishes the work of The Smiths as Morrissey was only 25% of that project. Marr is equally culpable but he fessed up so he got parole. The Smiths were just 2 hucksters on the make who didn't have any qualms about atttempting the financial rape of their collaborators who they deceitfully presented to the word media as part of a 'band' not just 'lawnmower parts'. One can only hope that an entire instrumental box set of The Smiths is made available at some stage so one can enjoy the music without the pathetic warblings of Trollissey. Etc.

If this information is true, it's important that Morrissey's fans know that when they buy this material throught iTunes, Amazon, etc., they are supporting and giving money to those who usufruct the rights that were stolen to Morrissey in a very shameful way.

Regardless of the like/dislike campaigns on here at times...
It is actually ok to have an opinion about some of his 'odder' behaviour.
Being so in tune with Twitter that he can comment very quickly after the account appeared is a good sign that he pays attention.
That said, he totally undoes things at times - like moaning about 'unsanctioned' accounts online, yet appearing to ignore or be oblivious to Sam's continual use/tagging of the 'fake' facebook account he says was never his.
One is 'perilous' and one is not even worthy of a comment.
That is Morrissey in a nutshell - contradictory at times.
All the fun of the fair.
FWD

Crikey, no wonder why Morrissey lives in LA and refuses to step foot in the "UK" . He wants to get as far away as he can from all this Smiths shit. It is so blood booooooring. Really is this what you people do there? Dream about a Smiths reunion show at the Isle of Lucy? Dream about seeing Morrissey at a Kickball game in Manc? Dream about Morrissey playing a concert ANYWHERE in your country. Well, dream on. Anonymous-

If this information is true, it's important that Morrissey's fans know that when they buy this material throught iTunes, Amazon, etc., they are supporting and giving money to those who usufruct the rights that were stolen to Morrissey in a very shameful way.

It is true, and Morrissey asked fans at gigs to stop buying Smiths product several years ago. As far as I am aware, he fell out with Warners after finding out that his royalties were being diverted to Joyce, due to his continued refusal to pay his debts, being found guilty in court. It was around the same time that he blocked Warner releasing the 'Live at Hollywood Bowl' DVD. They are still on his shit list. This is also why Morrissey has been blocking any further archival Smiths reissues, because he won't see a penny until he pays what he owes.

It's all about the ker-ching ker-ching with Moz.

And here is a public statement on Morrissey's beef with Warner:

"Since 2001, and because of the Default Judgment against me, Joyce has taken out Third Party Orders against the following societies: my personal bank account in England, Smiths royalties from Warner Music...
...By grabbing the full total of Smiths royalties from Warner Music (and this means that when the public buy a Smiths CD in the UK, the royalties go to Joyce, and have done so since 2001) Joyce has knowingly deprived Andy Rourke of his 10% Smiths royalties, and has deprived producers John Porter, Stephen Street, Grant Showbiz and Steve Lillywhite (for "Ask") of their entitlements. Joyce did not declare to the courts that others - namely, the above - were also beneficiaries to the Warner Music royalties."

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051130_01

So, unless this issue is sorted out, or when enough of Morrissey's royalties have been diverted that he finally pays of Joyce and gets him off his back, do not expect Morrissey to support anything Warners does, or work with them on any Smiths or solo releases. And he's certainly not going to support their Twitter feed, of all damn things.

In 2005 Morrissey said this:

8. By grabbing the full total of Smiths royalties from Warner Music (and this means that when the public buy a Smiths CD in the UK, the royalties go to Joyce, and have done so since 2001) Joyce has knowingly deprived Andy Rourke of his 10% Smiths royalties, and has deprived producers John Porter, Stephen Street, Grant Showbiz and Steve Lillywhite (for "Ask") of their entitlements. Joyce did not declare to the courts that others - namely, the above - were also beneficiaries to the Warner Music royalties.

10. In legal fees alone, Joyce has cost me 600 thousand pounds - this is quite apart from any payments made to him, and is quite apart from any money seized by him. In total, Joyce has cost me 1 million, 515 thousand pounds. This is an approximate figure - it could even be higher.

11. The Joyce action is continuous. Because of his Default Judgement he continues to take my royalties, and the royalties of others mentioned above, from Warner Music - consequently I have not received record royalties since 2001.

12. Since 2001, the money claimed by Joyce is charged, to me, at 100 pounds a day in interest.

Ref: http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051130_01

It would have been a good first movement from Warner to absorb the debt and pay Joyce right after the final judgement. That would have freed Morrissey as much financially as spiritually, and they could have promoted together the legacy of The Smiths worldwide. Even they could have reunited again with a new drummer. Sometimes corporate executives treat artists and their work as commodities, and usually that is not the most productive decision in the long run. There are not an abundance of visionary executives in music industry as there are in other industries. It seems to be managed as a day by day business, like a grocery store.

Based on 100%, here are the musical achievements of each member of the Smiths, since the group split:
Morrissey 95% - The Mozfather has released 10 acclaimed studio albums and numerous compilations. He has been described as "one of the greatest pop lyricists" and
"one of the most influential figures in the history of British pop".
Andy Rourke 3% - Taking advantage of Morrisseys kindness, Andy wrote music for the songs "Yes, I Am Blind", "Get Off The Stage" and "The Girl Least Likely To".
Johnny Marr 2% - Johnny gets 1 point for being a traveling sidekick and 1 point for his "solo career".
Mike Joyce 0% - While Mike has had no significant musical achievements, his physical appearance does serve as an excellent example of what Cro-Magnon man
looked like.

Hey turdhead I bet you my left testicle that you never did anything in your life as good as Mike Joyce played drums with the Smiths.

Have a listen to 'London' and then go and hide under a rock in shame. Go say 15 Hail Chuck Berry's and listen to Interesting Drug.

And I find it hilarious that you insult using your very own Cro-Magnon ancestors. Your'e as thick as whale sperm. That's like calling someone as ugly as your own mother.

Hey turdhead I bet you my left testicle that you never did anything in your life as good as Mike Joyce played drums with the Smiths.

Have a listen to 'London' and then go and hide under a rock in shame. Go say 15 Hail Chuck Berry's and listen to Interesting Drug.

And I find it hilarious that you insult using your very own Cro-Magnon ancestors. Your'e as thick as whale sperm. That's like calling someone as ugly as your own mother.

You should start Mike Joyce-Solo.

Well don't try and rip your mate off and you wouldnt be in this position in the first place.

He didn't even pay Craig gannon because gannon has gone on record that he involved solicitors to get monies due.

I really wonder why Alain left.

Its what happens when you are surrounded by tossers who can only say 'yes'. Moz doesn't live in the real world. His riches and pampered lifestyle have insulated from the realities of life. The fans who lick his behind and worship his every utterance do not help. Once Morrissey said he would never be a person who would wait while someone else did the shopping, or basically compromise in any way. This air of entitlement isn't something to be praised.

I'm sure a lot of people are always trying to fleece Moz but he should always pay people their dues. Even Stephen Street complained about how tight Moz is, and Stephen is by all accounts a top guy. We'll never know why Alain left because Alain is a nice man who doesn't air his grievances in public, unlike someone else we could mention. Morrissey's negativity and paranoia have bubbled away nicely over the years because nobody had the balls to speak plainly and truthfully to Moz, or they were fired when they did. Who wants to live like that? Moz makes great records and gives great concerts but I'm not too interested in his private life anymore because it is one long list of complaints. A bit like my post here actually

In 2005 Morrissey said this:

8. By grabbing the full total of Smiths royalties from Warner Music (and this means that when the public buy a Smiths CD in the UK, the royalties go to Joyce, and have done so since 2001) Joyce has knowingly deprived Andy Rourke of his 10% Smiths royalties, and has deprived producers John Porter, Stephen Street, Grant Showbiz and Steve Lillywhite (for "Ask") of their entitlements. Joyce did not declare to the courts that others - namely, the above - were also beneficiaries to the Warner Music royalties.

10. In legal fees alone, Joyce has cost me 600 thousand pounds - this is quite apart from any payments made to him, and is quite apart from any money seized by him. In total, Joyce has cost me 1 million, 515 thousand pounds. This is an approximate figure - it could even be higher.

11. The Joyce action is continuous. Because of his Default Judgement he continues to take my royalties, and the royalties of others mentioned above, from Warner Music - consequently I have not received record royalties since 2001.

12. Since 2001, the money claimed by Joyce is charged, to me, at 100 pounds a day in interest.

Ref: http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051130_01

Oh Steven you've got yourself in a right mess here by trying to be clever. High court judgements DO NOT GO AWAY ! Unless you successfully appeal the judgement and you only have a short window to lodge the appeal after the judgement day which you obviously did not (can't understand why you didn't as your so adamant on the subject).
You really will wish you'd settled this matter fair and square with Mr Joyce when you look at how that interest mounts up on top of the figure you originally owed. Mike will be rolling in it. I think the present rate of interest on judgements is 8% ! That's better than any bank is offering you stupid numpty.

All the hassle it's caused you moving you're shit around ! The bitterness ! Ill health ! Friendships ! Career car crash !
Deary me ! You really are a stupid idiot.
It's great entertainment though, you should consider filming a show like ' The 'Osbournes' ? I'd love to see/hear you ranting to Diesel about Mikes grip on you.

All that interest @ 8% ! L O L !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You can only hope that an entire instrumental box set of The Smiths is made available at some stage so you can sing along in the shower and have a wank as you dream about the one you truly love... that 'love' being (of course) Morrissey.

;)

Stockholm Syndrome. I'd rather have a wank than go near your minge

That's why you should just pirate them. That way you can steal from all of them, and not just the Martyr King! :lbf:

Don't be an ignorant c***. What the f*** have you done with your life?

Don't slag musicians who've made music that's important to you, if your posting on this forum serves as any indication. Get off your f***ing high horse.

Based on 100%, here are the musical achievements of each member of the Smiths, since the group split:
Morrissey 95% - The Mozfather has released 10 acclaimed studio albums and numerous compilations. He has been described as "one of the greatest pop lyricists" and
"one of the most influential figures in the history of British pop".
Andy Rourke 3% - Taking advantage of Morrisseys kindness, Andy wrote music for the songs "Yes, I Am Blind", "Get Off The Stage" and "The Girl Least Likely To".
Johnny Marr 2% - Johnny gets 1 point for being a traveling sidekick and 1 point for his "solo career".
Mike Joyce 0% - While Mike has had no significant musical achievements, his physical appearance does serve as an excellent example of what Cro-Magnon man
looked like.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom