U2 At The Rose Bowl

Is anyone going to see U2 play at the Rose Bowl on the 25th. It is sold out and I heard they are recommending people arrive early, as traffic will be a mess, but what would you do at the Rose Bowl all day?:crazy:

I'm going to the U2 Rose Bowl show and you definitely want to buy a parking pass online NOW. Here's the e-mail I received - U2 fans: you need to plan your trip to the Rose Bowl in advance. Attendance for this event will be over 96,000 people, the largest concert crowd in the venue's history. The roads in and around Pasadena will have significant traffic and will be heavily congested.

The Rose Bowl has limited parking available on-site. To meet this extraordinary demand, and for your convenience, there are adjacent off-site parking options as well as shuttle rides to and from the stadium. We strongly urge you to consider taking advantage of these shuttles and to carpool when possible.

Rose Bowl Parking Lots Open: 8 AM
Picnic In The Park Begins: 12 Noon
Park & Ride Shuttle Lots Open & Buses Start Running: 12 Noon
Doors Open: 5 PM
Show Starts: 7 PM
Not only will arriving early minimize your travel time, we have great pre-concert activities planned as well. Opening to the public at 12 noon, Picnic In The Park will give you the opportunity to relax and socialize with your friends in the comfortably shaded Rose Bowl grounds. Just bring a blanket, a picnic basket and enjoy!

In addition, many entertainment, dining and beverage options are available for purchase as well. Sports fans: you can enjoy all of the day's NFL action on multiple TV screens. Within Picnic In The Park, we will have live entertainment featuring The Ruse and other enticing activities. Picnic In The Park is located directly in front of the Rose Bowl on Lot "H."

Is anyone going to see U2 play at the Rose Bowl on the 25th. It is sold out and I heard they are recommending people arrive early, as traffic will be a mess, but what would you do at the Rose Bowl all day?:crazy:

Parking at the Rose Bowl is a nightmare. Take a shuttle. No matter how many hours you spend outside the Rose Bowl waiting, it will be worth it to avoid the sea of cars afterward. Trust me.

U2 To Make Web History With Live YouTube Gig
1:42pm UK, Tuesday October 20, 2009

U2 are to become the first rock stars to stream an entire gig on YouTube this Sunday.

The band will broadcast live from the Pasadena Rose Bowl in California to millions of fans - and it is all for free.

U2 manager Paul McGuinness said: "The band has wanted to do something like this for a long time.

"As we're filming the Los Angeles show, it's the perfect opportunity to extend the party beyond the stadium.

"Fans often travel long distances to come to see U2 - this time U2 can go to them, globally."

The Rose Bowl show is U2's penultimate gig of the year on the 360 Degrees Tour.

The gig will begin at 4.30am, 8.30pm LA time and is the first time a show of this size will be streamed live on the site.

YouTube is confident the site can handle the millions of fans expected to log on, while those who miss it can watch two replays of the full concert immediately afterwards.

Michele Flannery, the website's music manager, said: "YouTube is thrilled to be able to provide our global audience with a live streaming performance from one of the world's greatest bands.

"We are always looking for new ways to connect fans around the world with their favourite artists, and this is the perfect opportunity to do just that."

Fans will also have access to Twitter while watching the show.

"Fans often travel long distances to come to see U2 - this time U2 can go to them, globally."

Globalization (i.e. "you, too") :)

Will be interesting to see if YouTube's servers can handle it.

I'd love to see Bono's image go into one of his Morrison-like fugue states, a la Live Aid, and actually step out of the YouTube streaming window and run around the user's computer screen. A digitized Bono, escaping the video feed to spread the Rock N Roll gospel-- 'twould be a classic (that is to say, bowel-twisting) U2 moment. ;)

"I hate to...break...through your windows like this...how many Africans will starve tonight while you download-- let's see what got here-- Jailbait Fever 6? Am I buggin' you? Am I crashin' your hardware?"

Last edited:
Tags
public transportation
Back
Top Bottom