UK Chart Position statement - Morrissey Central (31 May, 2019)

UK Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
May 31, 2019

"Given the inexhaustible Hate Campaign executed against me by The Guardian and their followers, I am pleased with the UK chart position for "California son".
BUT WHO WILL GUARD US FROM THE GUARDIAN?
No one, it seems.

It is worth noting that their chief antagonist in this Hate Campaign is someone I took to court some years ago for writing lies about me. He lost his court battle then, and now he's seeking his personal revenge by using The Guardian, who have been harassing everyone and anyone connected with my music imploring them to say something terrible about me for print. This is the open face of Soviet Britain.
Please do not buy this wretched hate-paper, whose every 2019 utterance echoes the late Mary Whitehouse.
It is the voice of all that is wrong and sad about modern Britain."

MORRISSEY
31 May 2019.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/uk-chart-position

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
birds of a feather shit on Moz together. :lbf:

Anyhoo....

No need to read between the lines when he says quite plainly....

I am pleased with the UK chart position for "California son"

- Morrissey

That’s all that needs to be said.

:cool:

He also says he’s not a racist but all the evidence points towards the contrary. Anyhoooooo, let’s see where it lands. I said last week, anywhere outside #2 would be terrible. But judging by his statement, he sounds embarrassed, so I reckon it’s probably around #6-8

I agree with Moz when he mentions the Guardian going after his collaborators on the album was too much. I said at the time it was like some Stasi purge; well over the top and very poor journalism. Morrissey hasn't broken any laws. The album will do OK but it won't be the Guardian fault if he's a bit disappointed in chart position.

Last edited:
The article was factual and irrefutable. I see he fails to address a single factual part of the article, and instead launches a hanky-waving strop.

And all he has is is playground insults. Absolutely pathetic.

When he run out of facts, all he has left is insults. What an empty shell of a thing he's become.

But then we knew this day would come. Always someone else's fault, isn't it?

OK maybe enough now. Peter I really think you need to stop this for the sake of your mental health. We get it you don't like Morrissey anymore but mate, the sun is shining outside...go out for a nice walk or something. Put ya Bradford kit on and go for a kick about. I think 15 to 1 is on, make a brew, do sme charity work? take up knitting just do something, anything rather than sit dribbling at the computer waiting for a Moz story to be appear so you can reply with the same old same old. You are ill. We are worried about you Peter. Leave Morrissey solo once and for all.

A. Doctor

Let me draw your attention that he's not praising Fiona Dodwell's 'articles' , or any other, for that matter, for propelling his new enterprise to the dizzying heights of the top of that charts. As before, when Quarry failed to get to number 1, he's getting his excuses in first. Blaming everyone else for his lack of success. Because it couldn't possibly, ever, EVER be anything he's done.

He's never taken any responsibility for anything. Ever. What a man.

Interesting that you don't mention , probably the most relevant part of the comment.
He took NME/Jonze to court and won , as he did with The Word.
When push come to shove they were not prepared to back up their claims in Court.

Funny that

I’m not shitting on anyone, I actually find it rather sad. If he hadn’t have commented on politics and Tommy Robinson, he may have been enjoying a a well selling album and looking forward to a sold out UK tour this evening.

Yes, strange for an artist to not be a crashing bore.

I understand your befuddlement.

Yes, strange for an artist to not be a crashing bore.

I understand your befuddlement.

Are you even from England? Do you know how much the majority of us despise what Morrissey has come out in support of? He’s shot himself in both feet! He ain’t got a leg to stand on. I personally want all his albums & singles to get to #1. But this blame game is pathetic, it’s his own fault.

birds of a feather shit on Moz together. :lbf:

Anyhoo....

No need to read between the lines when he says quite plainly....

I am pleased with the UK chart position for "California son"

- Morrissey

That’s all that needs to be said.

Indeed, he is pleased, as he should be, because for a covers album to do as well as some of his studio albums, is a great achievement.

Viva Hate: 1
Bona Drag: 9
Kill Uncle: 8
Your Arsenal: 4
Beethoven: 13
Vauxhall: 1
World of: 15
Southpaw: 4
Maladjusted: 8
Quarry: 2
Earls Court: 18
Ringleader: 1
Greatest Hits: 5
Refusal: 3
World Peace: 2
Low in High School: 5
California Son:

He also says he’s not a racist but all the evidence points towards the contrary. Anyhoooooo, let’s see where it lands. I said last week, anywhere outside #2 would be terrible. But judging by his statement, he sounds embarrassed, so I reckon it’s probably around #6-8

As long as he’s pleased, it doesn’t matter what the rest of the world thinks.

Though I’m sure no one would be surprised if an artist who speaks their mind will get a fair chart placement, especially in... Soviet Britain.

How is anywhere outside 2 terrible? A 60 year old man releasing a covers album on the back of some of the worst press his ever received shouldn't in any ordinary situation have any chart success.

As long as he’s pleased, it doesn’t matter what the rest of the world thinks.

Though I’m sure no one would be surprised if an artist who speaks their mind will get a fair chart placement, especially in... Soviet Britain.

Wonder if BMG are pleased?

Indeed, he is pleased, as he should be, because for a covers album to do as well as some of his studio albums, is a great achievement.

Viva Hate: 1
Bona Drag: 9
Kill Uncle: 8
Your Arsenal: 4
Beethoven: 13
Vauxhall: 1
World of: 15
Southpaw: 4
Maladjusted: 8
Quarry: 2
Earls Court: 18
Ringleader: 1
Greatest Hits: 5
Refusal: 3
World Peace: 2
Low in High School: 5
California Son:

Just admit you wanna lick his nut sack

I agree with Moz when he mentions the Guardian going after his collaborators on the album was too much. I said at the time it was like some Stazi purge; well over the top and very poor journalism. Morrissey hasn't broken any laws. The album will do OK but it won't be the Guardian fault if he's a bit disappointed in chart position.

Exactly. That article (March 1st, by Daniel Dylan Wray) was much, much more offensive than the Tim Jonze one. Nothing like journalism at all, but a deliberate and proactive attempt at career assassination. Just really nasty.

How is anywhere outside 2 terrible? A 60 year old man releasing a covers album on the back of some of the worst press his ever received shouldn't in any ordinary situation have any chart success.

Cos there’s no competition besides Lewis capaldi. And please stick by what you said the other day, ramming home the point about how many new fans he’d gained and the controversy had done more good than harm. Now what? You backtracking, getting your excuses in just like Moz.

As long as he’s pleased, that’s all that matters.

Shows how stoopid you are. You might be a nice person and semi-intelligent, but you can’t read people and you can’t read bullshit. He’s f***in fuming and embarrassed. What artist releases a statement like that BEFORE the charts are even updated. He’s preparing his fans for an underwhelming showing.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom