Unloading my (modest) vault of Smiths/Morrissey unreleased versions

the book mentions that the track was much longer ...
it also mentions a voice over ... perhaps that came after the
early fade out ...

if this isnt the the decibel version, then what is it?
its not the troy tate version, thats for sure ...
its air of slight incompetence makes me think its the decibel version
Quite easy for someone to edit it to fade before the end, so it could be a shortened version of the Decibel one.

There are two Troy Tate demos of the song in circulation and they sound very different to this one, this almost sounds like they're working out the bass part as they're going along.

Kit & I know who I love

Is this really the end? All the goodies from November spawned a monster which needs to be fed. I dreamt about "Kit" and "I know who I love" last night (& I fell out of bed twice), even got the vision that the fantastic Boz co-written "Now I am a was" (mind the words remixed by Boz Boorer on CD-single) might be "I know who I love" with new lyrics. Try to sing the words over the tune. It works...:crazy:

Last edited:
Quite easy for someone to edit it to fade before the end, so it could be a shortened version of the Decibel one.

There are two Troy Tate demos of the song in circulation and they sound very different to this one, this almost sounds like they're working out the bass part as they're going along.

Here's a quote from the person with the Decibel master. I hope they don't mind.

"...the long part at the end of SLC (part with piano etc) is a bit weird, listening to Morrissey's humming. The girl pronouncing the names of the children in SLC is frightening. The 'effects' are very interesting etc etc."

I guess it's conceivable that it's an edit.

Re: Kit & I know who I love

Is this really the end? All the goodies from November spawned a monster which needs to be fed. I dreamt about "Kit" and "I know who I love" last night (& I fell out of bed twice), even got the vision that the fantastic Boz co-written "Now I am a was" (mind the words remixed by Boz Boorer on CD-single) might be "I know who I love" with new lyrics. Try to sing the words over the tune. It works...:crazy:

Boz did remix the recording, but Spencer Cobrin co-wrote Now I Am a Was.

maladjusted & beyond

I know, that Boz has written „I know who I love“ & Spencer „Now I am a was“. But I always wondered why this tune should have been remixed by Boz, when all the b-side material was recorded by Danton Supple? After the information about the original Maladjusted should-have-been „I know who I love“ I immediately thought these words would fit to the music of „Now I am a was“ (bright, uptempo, jingle jangle). Maybe it was kind of a going-away present for the departing drummer?
Anyway, these thoughts of mine are quite subjektiv, I know but I really would like to read some more informations about the aborted tracks from maladjusted, still lingering around on an old cassette somewhere in england.

Hanratty
The leeches go on removing
It’s hard to walk tall when you are small
Kit

Last edited:
Tags
brilliant
Back
Top Bottom